[split] excubitor vs deconversion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: [split] excubitor vs deconversion
(19-09-2013 02:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hrmm.

Figured as much.

So many "Christians" don't even know what it means to be a "little Christ".

I find many of you heathens have a better grasp than most of theists that stop by.

Sad really.

/sigh

Don't worry Big Guy...I just upset Please Jesus by being mocking and stuff (according to him). So you see, at least one of your heathens is living up to the vile and evil image...I do what I can for you, I do what I can.Evil_monster

Now everytime I reply to the guy I feel like I have to be serious! It's lasted two posts and I'm already in a cold sweat.Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-09-2013, 03:02 PM
(16-09-2013 03:46 AM)excubitor Wrote:  In your hearts you know it, which is why you happily take the label of a deconvert.
This is an insulting concept. How dare you tell me what is in my mind or in my heart? THIS is exactly the reason theists get insulted by atheists....

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
19-09-2013, 03:15 PM
(19-09-2013 09:32 AM)excubitor Wrote:  This is just a diversion for me because there is nothing on TV but you sorry souls live for this.
WOW! I wonder what your god is going to say when you could have been feeding the poor, comforting the infirm, visiting convicts, sheltering the homeless, etc., etc, .....
At least we can say "we were deluded". You on the other hand profess to "believe".

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
[+] 5 users Like NoSkyDaddy's post
19-09-2013, 03:17 PM
(19-09-2013 07:52 AM)excubitor Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 08:30 AM)Godless Ute Wrote:  My background is similar to many of your's I'm sure - grew up in a Christian home, back-slid after high school, went back because "that's what I was supposed to do", got burned out a little, then eventually found information that challenged my deeply held beliefs.
My journey started with Penn and Teller's Bullshit show about the Bible. It was humorous, but not very compelling. However, thanks to Youtube's recommendation feature, I started watching The Atheist Experience. That's where my religion and faith started to die. I started seriously investigating what I believed and why. I'm still surprised how quickly the foundations of my faith crumbled.
It says something about a person when crude blasphemers make a bigger impression on them than the stories of the saints in the scriptures. As for apostate Catholics, its hard to fathom how much I loathe them. I think it is because I was brought up as a protestant and then to convert I see Catholicism with fresh eyes. What an incredibly, incredibly beautiful, astonishingly beautiful and wonderful the Christian religion in the Catholic tradition is. Apostate Catholics are like pigs who have taken beautiful pearls and trod them into mud. The only respite in the disgust I have for Apostate Catholics is a tiny glimmer of pity that I feel for them, kind of like the despairing pity Luke Skywalker had for his corrupt father Darth Vader. Which is why I implore apostate Catholics to pray to our holy and blessed mother Mary. I tell you now. Jesus will not bother with you, you are too far gone. But our mother has an what I call incongruously, an unbearable love for us. When you come to know the love of dearest mother Mary your heart breaks, to see someone so pure and to compare yourself with her is utterly shattering. It is this love of Mary which I use to overthrow my disgust of apostate Catholics. I imagine myself as Abel, loving his brother up till the moment that he is slaughtered, an innocent lamb. So I hold out hope for you, waste my prayers on you, make myself a lamb for the slaughter for you because of the love that I know that Mary our dearest mother has for you.

Do not despise this incredible love which even in its glory is a mere reflection of the love that our Lord Jesus has for you. The spurning of such great and deep love is a terrible thing, and if our mother will not beseech for us before the throne of God, then we are utterly without any last hope.

Many here are in this desperate, desperate state. These are the kinds of people that as they descend into the pit of flames and hell spit out with vehement hatred their loathing for Mary. Hard to imagine, but that is truly the ultimate fate of the reprobate mind and soul.
As an apostate Catholic myself (mentioned just to make sure you know how much you should hate me) and one who once even seriously considered becoming a priest - not some passing thought, but I mean seriously (mentioned just to make sure you know how much more you should hate me) - I must say you are Catholic in name only. Have you forgotten that Jesus teaches it is God's place to judge and not yours? Have you forgotten that Jesus teaches you to love and not to hate? Have you forgotten that you should not try to remove the speck from someone else's eye until you have removed the log from your own? Yes, you have forgotten!

You come here all high and mighty like you have all the answers, like you know what you are doing and how to please God, but you can't even follow the very religion that you hold so high. Hypocrite!

If you think it's bad to leave Catholicism, how much worse would your god think it is for those who "know" he exists, but don't follow his teachings anyway...? It's like looking him straight in the eyes and saying "Yup, I know you want me to do that, but I would rather do this..." Oh, the log... the pride... the gall... the disrespect... the insubordination...

Why are you wasting so much time here when you have so much work to do?! Consider Hell awaits and you obviously aren't spending enough energy running from it! Tsk, tsk!

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 7 users Like Impulse's post
19-09-2013, 03:21 PM
(19-09-2013 09:20 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I say that suicide is a literally mortal sin and that in your next waking moment...

HAAAA haahaahaa heeee heeeeee!

Wait, okay, just a sec...

(snicker snicker)

I think you don't understand what "Mortal" means. It is a cessation. No more. The End. The story does not go on. There is no, "And then he woke up."

Death, caused by auto accident, organ failure, choking, or bullets fired by ANYone, self included, is final.

Thank you for playing. Game over.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
19-09-2013, 03:26 PM
(19-09-2013 03:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I must say you are Catholic in name only. Have you forgotten that Jesus teaches it is God's place to judge and not yours? Have you forgotten that Jesus teaches you to love and not to hate? Have you forgotten that you should not try to remove the speck from someone else's eye until you have removed the log from your own? Yes, you have forgotten!

That!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
19-09-2013, 03:52 PM

(19-09-2013 03:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why are you wasting so much time here when you have so much work to do?! Consider Hell awaits and you obviously aren't spending enough energy running from it! Tsk, tsk!

Verily I say unto thee... If he avoideth not hell, he shalt end up in there along with us, and then we shall have to listen to his preachings for ever and ever.

(19-09-2013 03:21 PM)I Am Wrote:  I think you don't understand what "Mortal" means. It is a cessation. No more. The End. The story does not go on. There is no, "And then he woke up."

Death, caused by auto accident, organ failure, choking, or bullets fired by ANYone, self included, is final.

Thou hath heard that it was said by them of old time, when one dieth, he dieth.

And yet I say unto thee, death verily meaneth not death, in Christianity. Life doeth mean life, especially life eternal, yet death symboliseth thine suffering in the fires of hell, where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth.

He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2013, 04:11 PM
(19-09-2013 03:52 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 03:17 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Why are you wasting so much time here when you have so much work to do?! Consider Hell awaits and you obviously aren't spending enough energy running from it! Tsk, tsk!

Verily I say unto thee... If he avoideth not hell, he shalt end up in there along with us, and then we shall have to listen to his preachings for ever and ever.
Well there is no hell, but if there was, I think he would be to busy screaming in pain.
(At God for not being loving or merciful as he once had believed.)

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
22-09-2013, 05:23 AM
(19-09-2013 03:21 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 09:20 AM)excubitor Wrote:  I say that suicide is a literally mortal sin and that in your next waking moment...

HAAAA haahaahaa heeee heeeeee!

Wait, okay, just a sec...

(snicker snicker)

I think you don't understand what "Mortal" means. It is a cessation. No more. The End. The story does not go on. There is no, "And then he woke up."

Thank you for playing. Game over.
[url=http://www.victorzammit.com/][/url]
A lot of material here. There are plenty of scientists from many disciplines who are starting to put some attention into this field of study.
This website might require an open mind to read however so I doubt it will gain much traction from "thinkingatheists" I have not watched all of this but he seems to be attempting to apply science to the question.

However, just to point out what mortality means. For the body it means that the body decays and becomes dust in the ground. God made the body out of dust and at death it returns to dust. The soul however is spirit. Spiritual things are eternal and so they cannot cease to exist. This is the old annihilation debate which has been around forever. The church teaches however that the eternal soul remains aware. The souls of the wicked are always dead. They were dead when they were born. They remained dead when they first sinned. They remained dead when they refused to repent for all their life. The state of death of their souls is merely continuation of the state of death that they always lived in. In fact death is not a lights off / lights on question. It is a state of variation for the wicked. Their deathness increases as they sin and as they remain unrepentant, and to the extent of their deadness they suffer from the seperation from God and their condemnation in hell, where they will receive the suffering their wicked lives demand according to the measure of their wickedness.
22-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Excubitor, you are the one true god, and I was foolish to see otherwise. Please tell me how I can worship you, for you opened my mind and now into my heart.