[split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: [split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator
(07-07-2016 05:24 AM)julep Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 02:21 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Please let us be rational (I hope you can Wink ).
Imagine (not of J. Lennon Wink ) that I followed your advice when I joined the forum. Would it be a wise introduction?
On the other hand, I am surprised why some of you are in a hurry.

It took me many decades and many tough experiences to be the one I am now.
And, in front of me here, there are many persons who also developed their set of knowledge during many years and from many personal experiences as well (though I hope whatever they may see and hear on their electrical monitors, via TV and/or internet, are as real for them as movies and series are Wink ).

I will surely start another thread (followed by more when necessary) when the right time comes... I mean after I know better the mood Wink of whom I am walking with here.

Yes, it would have been just fine for you to introduce yourself with a summary of what you believe and why you do so. And I just gave you an invitation to do it in a thread which is not an introduction thread... and you declined.

Therefore I conclude that you're uninterested in productive conversation. That's too bad, you might have learned something here.

I respect your comment because I would do the same if I were in your place.
It seems you didn't read (or you forgot) that I was banned lately from ChristForums soon after I started what you call "productive conversations". My posts were considered dangerous to the forum more than all conversations posted by Atheists. So could you guess a little of what I was saying Big Grin

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 09:57 AM
(07-07-2016 06:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  I answered as I did because your question was not intelligible as it was based on misconception.

But I hope you don't hate me for not being clear... I am not perfect Blush

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
07-07-2016, 09:59 AM
(07-07-2016 09:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 05:24 AM)julep Wrote:  Yes, it would have been just fine for you to introduce yourself with a summary of what you believe and why you do so. And I just gave you an invitation to do it in a thread which is not an introduction thread... and you declined.

Therefore I conclude that you're uninterested in productive conversation. That's too bad, you might have learned something here.

I respect your comment because I would do the same if I were in your place.
It seems you didn't read (or you forgot) that I was banned lately from ChristForums soon after I started what you call "productive conversations". My posts were considered dangerous to the forum more than all conversations posted by Atheists. So could you guess a little of what I was saying Big Grin

No, I can't guess what you were saying, because you refuse to say it here. I doubt your ideas are interesting, powerful, or threatening rough to be banned here, however.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
07-07-2016, 10:20 AM
(07-07-2016 09:59 AM)julep Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  I respect your comment because I would do the same if I were in your place.

No, I can't guess what you were saying, because you refuse to say it here. I doubt your ideas are interesting, powerful, or threatening rough to be banned here, however.

What could I add?

And what about 'your' ideas?
For example, what is the most important thing that exists in your life?
But I understand if you prefer not to answer this personal question.

07-07-2016, 11:44 AM
(07-07-2016 10:20 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:59 AM)julep Wrote:  No, I can't guess what you were saying, because you refuse to say it here. I doubt your ideas are interesting, powerful, or threatening rough to be banned here, however.

What could I add?

I'll be happy to answer this personal question, after you answer it yourself. So: what is the most important thing that exists in your life?
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
07-07-2016, 12:53 PM
(28-06-2016 06:17 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I am not an expert in Theism and Atheism... etc. I am just an independent thinker, sorry.

I used hearing that an Atheist doesn't believe in the existence of a god (or creator).

But, on the other hand, there are, on the world's table, many images of what we may call god. And each of these images is glorified by certain formal groups (yes not just one group, even for the same god's image) while each of these groups claims having better ways to please (its) god.

I personally couldn't take seriously any of these approved images of god because they are all mere images of some sort of great kings having supernatural powers to which men should be submitted.

Shouldn't I call myself Atheist for knowing that any of these gods cannot exist in my reality?

But instead of being an Atheist and because I am a rational person (since I was a teen), I have searched independently my true Creator because I couldn't fool myself and say I made myself and the precise design of my human living flesh in the least was made by chance/chaos.

Putting aside how I ended up knowing my Creator, my question is:
Does a typical Atheist know what is wrong (to him in the least) in this or that image of god that lets him refuse its existence in his life (after all, this is his natural right, as it is mine Wink )?

Kerim

Evolutionary Biology knows how your living flesh evolved. It's wasn't "chaos/chance". That's not how Evolution works.

"Creator" is incoherent. Even 1950's theologians got that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tilli..._above_God

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Best of luck to you working at getting better at your English. Thumbsup

(28-06-2016 06:17 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I have searched independently my true Creator because I couldn't fool myself and say I made myself and the precise design of my human living flesh in the least was made by chance/chaos.

Kerim

As others have posted/pointed out, the above statement is simply wrong.

As some one who's been on the receiving end of the shallower part of the gene-pool I can attest to it. Tongue

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
07-07-2016, 06:28 PM
(07-07-2016 11:44 AM)julep Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 10:20 AM)KerimF Wrote:  What could I add?

I'll be happy to answer this personal question, after you answer it yourself. So: what is the most important thing that exists in your life?

Since we are both intelligent beings, I guess you also knew that I was expecting this clever answer. We will surely talk about this... Wink

07-07-2016, 06:59 PM
(07-07-2016 12:53 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Evolutionary Biology knows how your living flesh evolved. It's wasn't "chaos/chance". That's not how Evolution works.

"Creator" is incoherent. Even 1950's theologians got that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tilli..._above_God

No sane mature person can deny that our biological evolution is well defined by certain natural rules (though they are not discovered all).

For example, my existence started from two tiny living things that when combined they were transformed to 'one' original cell (also very small) that can evolve (rather quickly, thanks to the embedded instructions that were accumulated and transferred to it during millions of years of evolution) and give what will be known later as Kerim Big Grin

So I didn't mean by chaos and chance the way evolution takes place (for millions of years, if not billions) but, as many like to believe, the way it started only.

And if you understood my point, Adam and Eve story (and alike) was addressed to our ancient ancestors only (the kids of humanity), exactly as we prepare/educate our kids by fairy tales first so that their fresh minds won't be chocked Tongue

07-07-2016, 07:16 PM
(07-07-2016 01:23 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

Best of luck to you working at getting better at your English. Thumbsup

(28-06-2016 06:17 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I have searched independently my true Creator because I couldn't fool myself and say I made myself and the precise design of my human living flesh in the least was made by chance/chaos.

Kerim

As others have posted/pointed out, the above statement is simply wrong.

As some one who's been on the receiving end of the shallower part of the gene-pool I can attest to it. Tongue

Much cheers to all.

I used not to expect what I say should be of equal importance to all people.

For instance, this applies on even much less important things; as food.
Once I invited a new friend to a diner. We prepare for him, as a desert, a big cake full of chocolate (I take it as medicine for my grey cells Big Grin ). When he saw it, he hesitated and asked us: "Don't you have fruits instead? I hate chocolate".