[split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Ask Some Atheists
(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Thank you for introducing the term "solipsism" since it is new to me.

I am not sure what it supposes to mean. To me, everything I perceive should be part of my existence (or reality, if you like)... including my unlimited imagination and even illusions Wink

Solipsism: the view that the self is all that can be known to exist.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Being not smart enough Wink it took me about 30 years to realized at last that people are not created (or made, if you like) of the same nature.

I'd say you need to give yourself more time to think about it. Instead of saying you got it all figured out.

So you weren't born from a sperm and egg? You're not human living on a planet called earth? You're not a carbon based life form?

Because if you were. I would say we we're born of the same nature.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Practically speaking, every person is somehow like a unique kingdom that has its own rules and limitations.

Good, i've been wanting to test to see if I had bullet proof skin for a while. Well guess there's only one way to find out. Well ok maybe two ways. I could get someone to shoot me. Or I can use logic and reason to know when people get bullets fired at them it will cause major injury. The same rules apply across the board for every body. Nothing unique about that.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  So my main goal for searching my true Maker was to get the logical useful answers (useful to me in the least) to all questions that are related to my being and the world I have to live in. So now, since I reached that goal, I have no reason to say "I don't know" anymore about anything related to my existence. So I ended up to also understand that many people don't need knowing their Maker in the first place because they already know their role in life thanks to their personal pre-set instincts. For instance, one of the instinct aspects is the need of grouping. The concept of god (any god) helps a lot in grouping people (believers based on certain faith) under one umbrella.

I'm having a real tough time following your logic.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  This is achieved also by being an Atheist Wink since Atheists, despite their personal differences, have a common belief (based on: I don't know Wink ).

Atheists don't have a belief system. It's a lack of belief.

Like off is a TV channel.
Like not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Like abstinence is a sex position.
Like the 53rd card in a 52 card deck.

"I don't know" is better applied to being Agnosticism. Agnostic applies to knowledge. Atheism applies to belief.

We would probably believe in a god or higher power should it give us enough proof to go on.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Every one is happy (or satisfied, in the least) for being the way he is.

Are they? How many self help books do you think are out their? Therapy is a thing. Chronic Depression. Muscular Dystrophy.

(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Isn't it a wonderful world?

Guess it depends on what you mean by wonderful?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
29-06-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: [split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator
(29-06-2016 09:51 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Don't you see? Every one is happy (or satisfied, in the least) for being the way he is. Isn't it a wonderful world?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
29-06-2016, 04:56 PM
(28-06-2016 06:17 PM)KerimF Wrote:  I am not an expert in Theism and Atheism... etc. I am just an independent thinker, sorry.

I used hearing that an Atheist doesn't believe in the existence of a god (or creator).

But, on the other hand, there are, on the world's table, many images of what we may call god. And each of these images is glorified by certain formal groups (yes not just one group, even for the same god's image) while each of these groups claims having better ways to please (its) god.

I personally couldn't take seriously any of these approved images of god because they are all mere images of some sort of great kings having supernatural powers to which men should be submitted.

Shouldn't I call myself Atheist for knowing that any of these gods cannot exist in my reality?

But instead of being an Atheist and because I am a rational person (since I was a teen), I have searched independently my true Creator because I couldn't fool myself and say I made myself and the precise design of my human living flesh in the least was made by chance/chaos.

Putting aside how I ended up knowing my Creator, my question is:
Does a typical Atheist know what is wrong (to him in the least) in this or that image of god that lets him refuse its existence in his life (after all, this is his natural right, as it is mine Wink )?

Kerim

I'm still a little confused on what your position is. How exactly do you relate to your creator? Do you consider yourself to be a member of a particular religion or have theology that's based on a particular religion?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
29-06-2016, 07:30 PM
temp thread
Sorry GirlyMan,
After living more than 6 decades, it became obvious to me that every house has a big boss (though, most of the time, he prefers not to show up, for one reason or another). This big boss has the right to judge and even condemn any of his guests (and his servants/followers) any time he sees necessary. This is why, along history, men thought that the power that made our universe "has to be' also of a big boss who expects to be pleased and obeyed; otherwise his wrath comes to work Wink

I thought that joining a house of intellectual people, its big boss would be different of the ones I met in other houses where the personal thinking is a serious blasphemy against the worshiped god and his word. These bosses didn't have the courage to tell openly their guests what they (the bosses) dislike in me or to simply ask me, face to face, to leave their house (which is their right).

Will this scenario be repeated here?
To my knowledge, it will and this is natural because, as you also know, the boss only has the right to think and he is right always.

I came in peace, and I am ready to leave in peace... You need just to remove this post too before anyone else could notice it.

Meanwhile, I wish every boss (civil, political, military and religious) enjoys his superiority anytime he likes but far from me because I prefer being always out of the followers/masters games that are played in life.

Sorry if I said anything that offended you (or anyone else, without my knowledge) because I have no reason to hurt you in any way.
Best wishes,
Kerim

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
29-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Hello again KerimF. Smile

I must admit to having a hard time working out your point as posted above. Sad

Might I enquire as to you first/primary language?
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
29-06-2016, 08:42 PM
(29-06-2016 08:17 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello again KerimF. Smile

They do tend to be evasive on that point. Why?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-06-2016, 08:58 PM
(29-06-2016 08:17 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello again KerimF. Smile

Yeah, I'm with you. A lot of this is sailing right over my head.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
29-06-2016, 09:07 PM
(29-06-2016 07:30 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Sorry GirlyMan,
After living more than 6 decades, it became obvious to me that every house has a big boss (though, most of the time, he prefers not to show up, for one reason or another). This big boss has the right to judge and even condemn any of his guests (and his servants/followers) any time he sees necessary. This is why, along history, men thought that the power that made our universe "has to be' also of a big boss who expects to be pleased and obeyed; otherwise his wrath comes to work Wink

I thought that joining a house of intellectual people, its big boss would be different of the ones I met in other houses where the personal thinking is a serious blasphemy against the worshiped god and his word. These bosses didn't have the courage to tell openly their guests what they (the bosses) dislike in me or to simply ask me, face to face, to leave their house (which is their right).

You realize your are compleley and and totally batshit bonkers insane right?

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-06-2016, 02:55 PM
(29-06-2016 07:30 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Will this scenario be repeated here?
To my knowledge, it will and this is natural because, as you also know, the boss only has the right to think and he is right always.

I came in peace, and I am ready to leave in peace... You need just to remove this post too before anyone else could notice it.

I don't think you realize that the boss here is a licensed medical marijuana provider in Canada who really ain't interested in either your opinions or your whiny complaints on like .... well anything. He might be able to suggest a strain to help you deal with your insecurities though. ... I mean if you ask him nice.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-07-2016, 01:28 PM
First, I like to apologize to Mr GirlyMan.
It happened that right after he showed up on the thread "Ask some Atheists" Wink, every post I uploaded disappeared.
Thanks to DLJ things look clear now. And I should be more careful before posting in a section because each sub-forum here was created (oh sorry... was made Wink ) for a rather specific reason or field of interest.

By the way, English is my 3rd language after French and, obviously, Arabic (since I was born and lived in Aleppo city, Syria).
And I am far from being a writer in any of the three because my mind tends being scientific... you know, I use working with numbers, symbols, equations and programming instructions... etc. since my graduation (40 years ago). I studied electronics so I was able starting and running a small private business as a designer of various controlling boards (that are usually needed by the local market in every period of time).

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
[+] 1 user Likes KerimF's post