[split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2016, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 03:52 AM by KerimF.)
RE: [split] from "Ask Some Atheists" - Concept/Image of a Personal Creator
(03-07-2016 05:29 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 02:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
Since you have neither defined this god nor stated that you believe in it, then I suggest you do so or risk being mislabeled as an atheist.

I sometimes hesitate before revealing my kafir status here in Malaysia.

If I lived in Syria right now, I think I would hesitate before expressing a position on pretty much anything.

Sadcryface

It seems I didn't say that all what I present here is also heard from me by all Syrians (Jews, Christians and Muslims of all sects, also Atheists) whom I had the chance to meet or live with since I was a teen (though 'the way' I have presented my views, religious and political as well, have also evolved with time as anything else Wink )

The worst situation I faced is hearing a believer (mainly if Muslim) telling me something like: "I am sorry for you Karim, you will end up into Hell while I will be in Paradise... I will miss you there" Wink

For instance, Kerim is the name I chose (it has its own story) as short of my full ID name which is Abdul Karim (the Arabic name of my Catholic grandfather) Joseph (a Christian name added by my parents at baptism).

For instance, I am talking about Syrian believers, not any believers in the world (like the American Evangelists on power and their close fanatic radical Muslim allies, starting from the royal family, Al-Saud, which is ruling Saudi Arabia by Al-Sharia of Al-Qaeda since more than 80 years Wink )

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2016, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 03:58 AM by KerimF.)
(03-07-2016 06:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  The godless creation of the universe is so much easier to envision than any god.

You are certainly right in this.

Yes, it is also much easier for ordinary computer's users to forget searching for the makers of their computer (hardware and software).
Only the professional ones may need doing this search to get the most from their computers.

But let us remember that it is not a crime for not having the need to be professional in this or that field... right? Wink

Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
[+] 1 user Likes KerimF's post
05-07-2016, 03:38 AM
(03-07-2016 06:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 05:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't see why there can't be a theist who believes this. As far as I know (and correct me if I'm wrong) but the term 'theist' just means that the person believes in G-d. It doesn't define what that god must be to that person.

The difference between a deist and a theist is usually understood to be that the god of the deist doesn't meddle or judge like the theists' god. Dodgy

I take the opportunity to ask you if you heard of a name that may refer to one god known by certain deists and/or of the source from/by which this god is presented or revealed. Thank you.

05-07-2016, 05:23 AM
(05-07-2016 12:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Well, what could I add other than "you are totally right" since you insist that I should perceive my existence and the world exactly as you do.

Wow. You miss the point totally. I'm not talking about how you perceive things. You keep talking about "things that exist for you" and I have no idea what you mean by that. I've already agreed that people can have different interpretations of reality but that is an opportunity to find an error in thinking.

Quote:And I hope you can forgive me for not being able fooling myself to please you by ignoring what happened to also exist in me besides my human living flesh and have its own set of rules to survive (yes, if not fed properly, it would die too Sad ).

Again, I have no idea what you are trying to say. The words are English, the sentences are not.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-07-2016, 09:17 AM
(05-07-2016 03:38 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 06:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  The difference between a deist and a theist is usually understood to be that the god of the deist doesn't meddle or judge like the theists' god. Dodgy

I take the opportunity to ask you if you heard of a name that may refer to one god known by certain deists and/or of the source from/by which this god is presented or revealed. Thank you.

It is not at all clear to me what you are asking. Or why. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-07-2016, 05:50 AM
(05-07-2016 05:23 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 12:30 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Well, what could I add other than "you are totally right" since you insist that I should perceive my existence and the world exactly as you do.

Wow. You miss the point totally. I'm not talking about how you perceive things. You keep talking about "things that exist for you" and I have no idea what you mean by that. I've already agreed that people can have different interpretations of reality but that is an opportunity to find an error in thinking.

Quote:And I hope you can forgive me for not being able fooling myself to please you by ignoring what happened to also exist in me besides my human living flesh and have its own set of rules to survive (yes, if not fed properly, it would die too Sad ).

Again, I have no idea what you are trying to say. The words are English, the sentences are not.

Please don't worry, if I write this point in any language, the situation/reaction will not be different to/of any sane mature person who discovered he is 'just' among the most intelligent beings on earth who are made ready the serve the world/life; in one way or another and anytime seems necessary.

Sorry, nothing can be done about this Sad
But I am sure you feel great the way you are hence there is no problem about this in the first place.
But if you like knowing who is the winner and loser after having a conversation, it would my pleasure to declare "You, unfogged, are the winner" Wink

06-07-2016, 05:57 AM
(05-07-2016 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  I: I take the opportunity to ask you if you heard of a name that may refer to one god known by certain deists and/or of the source from/by which this god is presented or revealed. Thank you.

You: It is not at all clear to me what you are asking. Or why. Drinking Beverage

I asked you this because it happens I know one and I wondered if you heard of too.

It seems you didn't. Thank you anyway Drinking Beverage

06-07-2016, 06:06 AM
(06-07-2016 05:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Please don't worry, if I write this point in any language, the situation/reaction will not be different to/of any sane mature person who discovered he is 'just' among the most intelligent beings on earth who are made ready the serve the world/life; in one way or another and anytime seems necessary.

Sorry, nothing can be done about this Sad
But I am sure you feel great the way you are hence there is no problem about this in the first place.
But if you like knowing who is the winner and loser after having a conversation, it would my pleasure to declare "You, unfogged, are the winner" Wink

You missed the point completely. I engage in these discussions because I want to understand how and why people can believe things that I do not. I assume people who post here have similar goals or that we can, at least, learn a bit about each other.

Your posts are simply incomprehensible. I do not understand what you are trying to say and you don't appear to be interested in trying to clarify your meaning. You just go off on another tangent when questioned. That's a real shame.

(06-07-2016 05:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 09:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  I: I take the opportunity to ask you if you heard of a name that may refer to one god known by certain deists and/or of the source from/by which this god is presented or revealed. Thank you.

You: It is not at all clear to me what you are asking. Or why. Drinking Beverage

I asked you this because it happens I know one and I wondered if you heard of too.

There is is again. Chas did not say he didn't know one, he said he doesn't know what you are asking. How do you get from that to your response?

If you aren't here to try to convey your beliefs and/or learn about others then why are you here?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-07-2016, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 07:12 AM by KerimF.)
(06-07-2016 06:06 AM)unfogged Wrote:  If you aren't here to try to convey your beliefs and/or learn about others then why are you here?

Your question is important indeed.

I am here just to say what I discovered about my existence and the world.
It happens that the little I said so far sounds rather weird to most members here. And, I don't think really it is a linguistic issue.

On the other hand and mainly in this forum, I don't think there are teachers and students Wink But, you know better than I if someone did tell you that he learned from you one or more ideas (important for him personally) that he wasn't aware of before he knew you... or you, unfogged, did learn about yourself from someone else here Wink

So naturally, I am here to also know from each friend I may meet (and if he wants to) what he was able discovering about his personal existence and the world.

So I am sorry for not seeing any need, to me in the least, to argue and/or debate because no one in the world can convince me he is not right the way he thinks. I didn't add "and the way he does" because there is always the possibility that we do a wrong/bad thing unintentionally, from time to time, due to certain natural weaknesses/limitations.

06-07-2016, 08:59 AM
(06-07-2016 05:57 AM)KerimF Wrote:  

No, that conclusion is idiotic since I don't even know what you're asking.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post