[split from] Atheist because

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 04:00 PM by Hughsie.)
[split from] Atheist because
(07-05-2014 04:47 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  * the only moral response to a voice in your head telling you to kill your kid is NO!

More from you?

Yes I have something for you.

Why are you talking about what is moral, when on your view, there is no grounds for you to make such a statement?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2014, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 12:55 PM by Leo.)
RE: Atheist because...
(09-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:47 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  * the only moral response to a voice in your head telling you to kill your kid is NO!

More from you?

Why are you talking about what is moral, when on your view, there is no grounds for you to make such a statement?

You can't talk about morals either. Morals in your view is the actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. Morals in christianity isn't about the negatives actions that harm other beings like humans or animals.
[+] 5 users Like Leo's post
09-05-2014, 12:03 PM
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Yes I have something for you.

You can't talk about morals either. Morals in your view is that actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. Morals in christianity isn't about the negatives actions that harm other beings humans or animals.

Red herring.

And yes I can talk about what is moral and immoral. I hold that there exist moral values and duties that we all are obligated to live by. If we do not, we are just as wrong as if we had said two and two were five.
09-05-2014, 12:08 PM
(09-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Why are you talking about what is moral, when on your view, there is no grounds for you to make such a statement?

You keep insisting you know what another person's view is.
You do not.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 10 users Like kim's post
09-05-2014, 12:08 PM
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Leo Wrote:  You can't talk about morals either. Morals in your view is that actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. Morals in christianity isn't about the negatives actions that harm other beings humans or animals.

Red herring.

And yes I can talk about what is moral and immoral. I hold that there exist moral values and duties that we all are obligated to live by. If we do not, we are just as wrong as if we had said two and two were five.

You hold that exist "moral values" that in reality are actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. You care about offending your fictional character Yahveh . I and other atheists care about wellbeing of real beings.
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
09-05-2014, 12:09 PM
(09-05-2014 12:08 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Red herring.

You hold that exist "moral values" that in reality are actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. You care about offending your fictional character Yahveh . I and other atheists care about the wellbeing of real beings.
09-05-2014, 12:13 PM
(09-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  

More from you?

Clearly, I have some grounds for morality when I recognize that agreeing to kill your son because a disembodied voice told you to is wrong, every time. My question for you is, how can you preach to me about MY morality when YOU think someone who agrees to kill his son because a disembodied voice told him to is morally RIGHT?

In other words, show me the objective morality of which you speak, because the Bible ain't it.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 3 users Like TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-05-2014, 12:16 PM
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:00 PM)Leo Wrote:  You can't talk about morals either. Morals in your view is that actions that offend your monster god Yahveh. Morals in christianity isn't about the negatives actions that harm other beings humans or animals.

Red herring.

I agree that there are moral values and duties that we're obligated to live be. I do not believe they are objective. I believe that they are mutually agreed upon, generally speaking. If they are objective, then please, by all means, produce them. It ain't in the Bible, which holds blind obedience to a bloodthirsty dictator who kills the curious on a whim but allows murderers and pedophiles to victimize without interference.

Religion is proof that invisible men can obscure your vision.
Visit my blog
Follow me on Twitter @TwoCultSurvivor
[+] 1 user Likes TwoCultSurvivor's post
09-05-2014, 12:22 PM
(09-05-2014 12:16 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Red herring.

I agree that there are moral values and duties that we're obligated to live be. I do not believe they are objective. I believe that they are mutually agreed upon, generally speaking. If they are objective, then please, by all means, produce them. It ain't in the Bible, which holds blind obedience to a bloodthirsty dictator who kills the curious on a whim but allows murderers and pedophiles to victimize without interference.

Why are they obligatory? What makes them obligatory?
09-05-2014, 12:25 PM
(09-05-2014 11:55 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Yes I have something for you.

The fact that we want to survive. You give me food I will give you food, that's how humans work. You need to read a fucking book kid.Drinking Beverage

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 7 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post