[split from] Atheist because

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 03:28 AM
RE: [split from] Atheist because
How is it that this sorry motherfucker is still here?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
10-05-2014, 05:35 AM
(10-05-2014 03:28 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  How is it that this sorry motherfucker is still here?

The lack of chewtoys ?
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
10-05-2014, 05:51 AM
(09-05-2014 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 08:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  God.

But in post #116 you said they didn't. Consider

Must be time for your medication.

He asked me if chimps were theists. I said no.
10-05-2014, 06:36 AM
(10-05-2014 05:51 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  But in post #116 you said they didn't. Consider

Must be time for your medication.

He asked me if chimps were theists. I said no.

Are unicorns theists?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-05-2014, 06:41 PM
(09-05-2014 08:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 07:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Then where do they get things like cooperation, empathy, sharing, and many other traits that look just like human morals?

God.

Female chimpanzees mate with multiple males. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
11-05-2014, 07:49 PM
(09-05-2014 12:03 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  And yes I can talk about what is moral and immoral. I hold that there exist moral values and duties that we all are obligated to live by. If we do not, we are just as wrong as if we had said two and two were five.
When it comes to morality I think Christians and atheists generally have a different definition of the word. Which is why we often talk cross purposes.

Many Christians believe in moral truths (some set in stone rules) and believe they have a personal obligation to follow those rules. They believe those rules are binding on all humans.

Many Christians believe that they themselves are flawed and thus are incapable of working out the difference between right and wrong thus they delegate authority on moral knowledge to their church leaders.

The Church leaders take some ideas from the bible as a back drop towards the moral rules they instruct on their followers.

Many atheists tend to use moral terminology with regards to right being "more beneficial towards humanity" and wrong as being "more detrimental towards humanity". Although most atheists recognise their own moral beliefs as subjective i.e. based on a person's own goals, upbringing, experiences etc, many still tend to expect others to comply to their own moral beliefs. In most circumstances most atheists will tend to think situations through, think rights and wrongs through, be capable of changing their mind based on a well formed argument. In most circumstances adult atheists will own their own moral beliefs and not look to an authority to provide them with moral answers.

Myself, I think moral judgement, moral obligation, moral justice is all non-sense and that it leads people to interfere in the lives of others. The road to Hell is paved with moral intentions. But I am the minority on this.

Most atheists tend to have moral beliefs, usually based on humanitarian grounds or social norms..., possibly based on empathy and compassion (a desire to minimise pain and suffering).
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
11-05-2014, 08:29 PM
(09-05-2014 08:02 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 07:59 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Then where do they get things like cooperation, empathy, sharing, and many other traits that look just like human morals?

God.

What's a god?

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
11-05-2014, 11:16 PM
(11-05-2014 08:29 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

What's a god?

Drinking Beverage

Jeremy's excuse for being a cunt.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
12-05-2014, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 03:50 AM by sporehux.)

What's a god?

Drinking Beverage

it is an expression to convey both positive or negative experiences, used in place of cunt or fuck, where they are deemed inappropriate.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
12-05-2014, 03:04 AM
(12-05-2014 12:38 AM)sporehux Wrote:  

What's a god?

Drinking Beverage

it is an expression to convey both positive or negative experiences used in place of cunt or fuck, where they are deemed inappropriate.
Also considered a god-damned blasphemy when used in such a way.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post