[split from Intro Thread] Will Intro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 07:58 PM by Hughsie.)
[split from Intro Thread] Will Intro
I was going to ask what brings you to the forum them i read that you go to a catholic school....Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 04:59 PM
RE: Introduce Yourself HERE!
Ironically, I became atheist when I joined the school. Big Grin

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."-Kurt Cobain
[+] 1 user Likes Will's post
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Its a running theme with catholic schools in my experience.

12-04-2012, 05:05 PM
When and why did you stop believing if I may ask? (assuming you are an atheist)

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first."-Kurt Cobain
12-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Ive never really believed I've always questioned the idea of a god and the bible even as a small child it defied logic and i saw it the same as Santa and the tooth fairy. I went to catholic schools and even my RE teacher said that most of the bible is made up shit. So in a way I've always been an atheist i just never realised it until i was in my teens.

12-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I was intelligent but gullible as a small child, so I believed it all until about 3 years ago when I had to make the choice of whether to commit to my first holy communion, before this I'd just blindly gone along with it. So I thought about it for a while and decided not to have it. Probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. When I got into my current school, I just researched and researched and researched, and I'm still doing so. I have to say, it's amazing what some people will believe.

12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
You're lucky in a way. I didn't have any say in the matter I've been christened, first confession, communion and confirmation.

12-04-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 05:30 PM by Will.)
Yeah, my parents were (and still are) quite apathetic towards religion. I guess I am quite lucky in that sense.
Btw, does the FSM in your name stand for flying spaghetti monster? XD

12-04-2012, 05:46 PM
(12-04-2012 05:29 PM)Will Wrote:  Yeah, my parents were (and still are) quite apathetic towards religion. I guess I am quite lucky in that sense.
Btw, does the FSM in your name stand for flying spaghetti monster? XD
The thing is my parents aren't even that bothered about religion but still made me do all that.

Yes it does in fact stand for his noodlyness The Flying Spaghetti Monster sauce be upon him Big Grin

12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Welcome, all. Even the children.
We don't molest much here like they do at church.

Still...

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user