[split] maklelan and others discuss evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 10:43 AM by houseofcantor.)
RE: [split] maklelan and others discuss evidence
(05-01-2014 10:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Mak I would advise you to just ignore Taq. He is never going to go anywhere other than taunts and name calling.

Hardly. Taq is like weather. Big Grin

(05-01-2014 10:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As to the temple garments I never got why people get so hung up on them I mean Kolob is way sillier, I guess it is just the immature response to saying underwear.

I'd call it a faith artifact. Mine looks like this:

[Image: tat.jpg]

Artifacts are often used to make abstractions tangible.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-01-2014, 10:42 AM
(05-01-2014 10:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 10:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Mak I would advise you to just ignore Taq. He is never going to go anywhere other than taunts and name calling.

(05-01-2014 10:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As to the temple garments I never got why people get so hung up on them I mean Kolob is way sillier, I guess it is just the immature response to saying underwear.

Artifacts are often used to make abstracts tangible.

I meant outside people like Taq or Bill Maher (who does it mostly for cheap laughs) not those following the faith.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
05-01-2014, 10:47 AM
(05-01-2014 10:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I suppose you wouldn't find having to defend your batshit-crazy dogma particularly interesting.

Do you have anything besides juvenile and ignorant rhetoric to share? It doesn't appear you do, so I'll just save myself the time. Perhaps you should take stock of the fact that everyone here knows you're full of shit and just hurl it at others that you don't like. You're not fooling or influencing anyone, and you certainly can't defend anything you say logically or intellectually, so what value is your participation here? Can you answer that sincerely? I don't think you're ego will let you, since it appears you're here specifically to give it the old reach around, but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

My Blog
05-01-2014, 10:48 AM
(05-01-2014 10:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Artifacts are often used to make abstractions tangible.

Laughat lol HoC, you are one seriously disturbed individual Heart

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
05-01-2014, 10:53 AM
(05-01-2014 10:39 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Artifacts are often used to make abstractions tangible.

An astute observation. My PhD dissertation actually deals with the way cultic images in antiquity created in the mind's of devotees a tangible vehicle or totem for divine agency and authority, and could thus be identified with, as well as distinguished from, the deity itself.

My Blog
05-01-2014, 11:02 AM
(05-01-2014 10:47 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 10:31 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I suppose you wouldn't find having to defend your batshit-crazy dogma particularly interesting.

Do you have anything besides juvenile and ignorant rhetoric to share? It doesn't appear you do, so I'll just save myself the time. Perhaps you should take stock of the fact that everyone here knows you're full of shit and just hurl it at others that you don't like. You're not fooling or influencing anyone, and you certainly can't defend anything you say logically or intellectually, so what value is your participation here? Can you answer that sincerely? I don't think you're ego will let you, since it appears you're here specifically to give it the old reach around, but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

Wow, you're really, really hot about this "Magic Underwear" business, aren't you.

And BTW, where I come from, a person with a Master's degree would know the difference between "your" and "you're".

[Image: __grammatik_macht_frei___wallpaper_by_un...4h0y15.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-01-2014, 11:38 AM
(05-01-2014 10:48 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Laughat lol HoC, you are one seriously disturbed individual Heart

Prophet gotta be insane, it's a rule. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-01-2014, 02:45 PM
(05-01-2014 11:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 10:47 AM)maklelan Wrote:  Do you have anything besides juvenile and ignorant rhetoric to share? It doesn't appear you do, so I'll just save myself the time. Perhaps you should take stock of the fact that everyone here knows you're full of shit and just hurl it at others that you don't like. You're not fooling or influencing anyone, and you certainly can't defend anything you say logically or intellectually, so what value is your participation here? Can you answer that sincerely? I don't think you're ego will let you, since it appears you're here specifically to give it the old reach around, but I'm always willing to be proven wrong.

Wow, you're really, really hot about this "Magic Underwear" business, aren't you.

And BTW, where I come from, a person with a Master's degree would know the difference between "your" and "you're".

oh please,the only person who seems "really hot" with those garments/underwear is you

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
05-01-2014, 03:34 PM
(05-01-2014 02:45 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 11:02 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Wow, you're really, really hot about this "Magic Underwear" business, aren't you.

oh please,the only person who seems "really hot" with those garments/underwear is you

OH, yeah they get me "real hot".....I'll be in my bunk......

Tongue

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
05-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Mak, I know you aren't here to educate us on Mormonism, but I would appreciate your insight on a few questions.
1. My daughters have Mormon friends. Is it true that at an older age Mormon children are encouraged to limit friendships with non-Mormons?
2. I see you apparently find the BOM somewhat suspect. The few Mormons I've discussed this with, college age, resorted to personal experience (burning in the bosom) when pressed to explain their belief in the face of the BOM's deficiencies. Is this common, and is personal experience with your god the basis of your belief?
3. These same Mormons claimed no knowledge of things like Mountain Meadows, Smith's seer stone, Young's racism (I saw the church finally disavowed its theology in this area in December). Are young Mormons generally ignorant of historical events that might be considered embarrassing to the church? Thanks for posting here.