[split] maklelan and others discuss evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 09:37 AM
RE: [split] maklelan and others discuss evidence
(06-01-2014 09:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I tend to allow ANY and ALL improprieties and abuses as acceptable - as in direct response to hundreds and hundreds of years of abuse OF and BY the church.

Then you have no business asserting any moral or intellectual high ground. I now know you have nothing of value to contribute and can just be ignored.

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 09:39 AM
(06-01-2014 09:35 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 09:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  As I was not the only person to misunderstand what you so vaguely referred to

It was a quiz. It's supposed to be vague. And I'm actually surprised nobody got it. I would have figured you'd have dealt with this plenty.

(06-01-2014 09:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  perhaps you could enlighten us all.

Alcohol. It is directly responsible for around 2.5 million deaths a year worldwide, and that's with only around 50% of males and 40% if females consuming it. The vast majority of those who do not consume alcohol do so for religious reasons (primarily Muslims), and I've yet to see any atheist advocate for any kind of abolition or even regulation of alcohol that even marginally approximates the claims they make about the need for, and utopia of, a world without religion. Alcohol does far more damage to human life than religion ever could.

I'll make this easier for you.
You don't argue very well and actually do a Fine job of misrepresenting your own self. That is why you get the responses you get.

It's like you have a grab-bag of excuses to promote your religious beliefs.
this morning's pull from the bag? alcohol.

Huh

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-01-2014, 09:39 AM
(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 09:30 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh and my point there was that the liberal church goers are funding all of that. IF you gave money to the temple (and as a member in good standing I can assume you did) then you personally funded the fight against equality and supported Prop 8 regardless of how you feel on the subject.

I'm not happy about the part of my tax that funds American adventurism in the Middle East, if that answers your question. Angel

I agree with you on that, but then I don't pretend as though it doesn't happen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We tried that once it was an unmitigated disaster

People have tried to get rid of religion before, too, and it was an even more deadly unmitigated disaster. And yet you continue to pursue that goal. It's remarkable what you're not willing to give up on and what you're willing to just let continue killing millions of people a year because trying to stop it didn't work once.

(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  and if you really believe most muslims don't drink I have a bridge in New York for sale.

Did I say that I believe most Muslims don't drink?

My Blog
06-01-2014, 09:43 AM
(06-01-2014 09:40 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  We tried that once it was an unmitigated disaster

People have tried to get rid of religion before, too, and it was an even more deadly unmitigated disaster. And yet you continue to pursue that goal. It's remarkable what you're not willing to give up on and what you're willing to just let continue killing millions of people a year because trying to stop it didn't work once.

(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  and if you really believe most muslims don't drink I have a bridge in New York for sale.

Did I say that I believe most Muslims don't drink?

Ok Place your bets Godwin or Communism. I got it 2 to 1 for Big Red.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-01-2014, 09:44 AM
(06-01-2014 09:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok Place your bets Godwin or Communism. I got it 2 to 1 for Big Red.

I'd like an answer to my question, please.

My Blog
06-01-2014, 09:45 AM
(06-01-2014 09:37 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 09:30 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I tend to allow ANY and ALL improprieties and abuses as acceptable - as in direct response to hundreds and hundreds of years of abuse OF and BY the church.

Then you have no business asserting any moral or intellectual high ground. I now know you have nothing of value to contribute and can just be ignored.

So you Ignore hundreds and hundreds of years of abuse BY the church? And cannot handle when that gets pointed out to you?

Yeah........... that answers a lot.

I always take being Put on Ignore as having hit a nerve. A good nerve. Maybe others will stroke your need for attention. I won't. My questions to you were easy to follow and singularly pertinent to your complaint.

(for the intellectually retarded - that's AKA --getting to the heart of your issue)

So.....
*noted* You only wish to complain . Got it. You poor baby.

You want respect but cannot appreciate why that's not easily given.
LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-01-2014, 09:46 AM
(06-01-2014 08:51 AM)maklelan Wrote:  Tell me, do you know what causes 6.6 times more global deaths every year than all the world's current wars and national conflicts? I'll give you a hint: certain religions are responsible for attempts to prohibit it, while atheism broadly justifies it.
How, exactly, does atheism "broadly justify" the consume of alcohol? Blink

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
06-01-2014, 09:47 AM
(06-01-2014 09:22 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 09:00 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You are making it sound like it's a chess game, the one who makes better moves (arguments in this case ) wins.
But you lost sight of the big picture. The result is already in. God either exists or not.
Best arguments you can find in your books or the best rebuttals from professional atheists don't change a damn thing.
The simplest "hobbyist" can be proven right, and the most learned pro can be proven wrong.

But this is a straw man. I'm not here to argue about that, or to challenge anyone about that. I'm here to challenge their misunderstandings and misrepresentations of what religion and its study is and is not, and certainly one's education and experience play a role in whether or not they are right or wrong. I certainly hope you don't mean to insist, in addition, that any rhetorical and factual improprieties and abuses are perfectly acceptable given you're convinced there's no god.

Ok, fair point. But , correct me if I'm mistaking, didn't you say that personal experiences are perfectly valid as a justification for one's beliefs?
Then shouldn't the same be allowed to atheists regarding their personal experiences with religion?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
(06-01-2014 09:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How, exactly, does atheism "broadly justify" the consume of alcohol? Blink

Atheists vehemently defend it, largely because the only real opponents to it are religious.

My Blog