[split] maklelan and others discuss evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: [split] maklelan and others discuss evidence
(06-01-2014 10:10 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  And that renders your quest to correct the misunderstandings and misrepresentations of religion useless because our personal experiences with religion will always trump anything you have to offer in terms of knowledge in order to correct those misunderstandings and misrepresentations.

I have a hard time believing you're really being serious with this silly little attempt at a rhetorical gotcha. As long as your misunderstandings and misrepresentations are used as anything other than personal witnesses to yourself of your worldview, then we're talking about an entirely different phenomenon. I don't care who wants to believe what about religion, provided they don't presume to come online and insist it has any bearing on anything beyond outside of their conscience. When people bark about the evils of religion online, and insult and mock millions of decent and honest people in the process, they're demonstrably not keeping it to themselves.

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 10:19 AM
If religions are so opposed to use of alcohol , priests shouldn't be making it, right?

[Image: 2rh48d4.jpg]

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-01-2014, 10:21 AM
(06-01-2014 10:16 AM)maklelan Wrote:  ...
I have never come across an atheist opponent of alcohol.

Then I invite you to my place.

You really don't know how hard it is to get Bhuddist-chicks to loosen up!

Thank gods for rohypnol.

Yes

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
06-01-2014, 10:22 AM
(06-01-2014 10:19 AM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:10 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  And that renders your quest to correct the misunderstandings and misrepresentations of religion useless because our personal experiences with religion will always trump anything you have to offer in terms of knowledge in order to correct those misunderstandings and misrepresentations.

I have a hard time believing you're really being serious with this silly little attempt at a rhetorical gotcha. As long as your misunderstandings and misrepresentations are used as anything other than personal witnesses to yourself of your worldview, then we're talking about an entirely different phenomenon. I don't care who wants to believe what about religion, provided they don't presume to come online and insist it has any bearing on anything beyond outside of their conscience. When people bark about the evils of religion online, and insult and mock millions of decent and honest people in the process, they're demonstrably not keeping it to themselves.
I think that righteousness would be better used on your side of the fence.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
06-01-2014, 10:24 AM
(06-01-2014 10:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:16 AM)maklelan Wrote:  ...
I have never come across an atheist opponent of alcohol.

Then I invite you to my place.

Thank gods for rohypnol.

Yes

Damn --- you're so bad!
ROFLMFAO

[Image: laughing-smiley-male-smiley-laugh-smiley...if%2083x92]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
06-01-2014, 10:25 AM
(06-01-2014 10:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I nearly said the same but that would have led to the obvious comment that there is shitload on there that has "god is on my side" as an indirect (but necessary) factor.

Yes, there are far too many tragedies committed every year in the name of religion, and that's a big problem that I am constantly fighting against. Unless you can give me a number, though, I'll again point out that there are far more tragedies committed as a direct result of alcohol.

(06-01-2014 10:12 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Anyway, I didn't post it specifically for your benefit. Just as a response to your question.

Fair enough. It is certainly an interesting chart.

My Blog
06-01-2014, 10:26 AM
(06-01-2014 10:19 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  If religions are so opposed to use of alcohol , priests shouldn't be making it, right?

Did I identify that particular religion as one that opposes alcohol? I would like a serious answer to my question, by the way. A simple yes or no will do.

My Blog
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
(06-01-2014 10:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:21 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Then I invite you to my place.

Thank gods for rohypnol.

Yes

Damn --- you're so bad!
ROFLMFAO

Oh C'mon!

I can't have been the only one to see the potential in "come across an atheist"?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
(06-01-2014 10:19 AM)maklelan Wrote:  When people bark about the evils of religion online, and insult and mock millions of decent and honest people in the process, they're demonstrably not keeping it to themselves.

Agenda revealed

And I suggest so cuddle or hand-holding, no level of respect nor welcoming, no kindness or intelligent conversation is going to work with you--- for you will whine and bemoan your treatment for all eternity.
No one can counter or debate nor argue anything you promote for you can always quickly glide back into "poor me - you treat me wrong".

yes........... we are meanie meanie poo poo heads.

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-01-2014, 10:28 AM
(06-01-2014 10:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:24 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Damn --- you're so bad!
ROFLMFAO

Oh C'mon!

I can't have been the only one to see the potential in "come across an atheist"?

[Image: 659365AE5F19B3FED3C4BB324282B_h296_w526_...IxNkKW.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post