[split] maklelan and others discuss evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: [split] maklelan and others discuss evidence
(06-01-2014 11:40 AM)maklelan Wrote:  I'm not blaming atheism for alcoholism,

No - but you did infer that atheism promotes alcohol abuse.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
06-01-2014, 12:23 PM
(06-01-2014 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you think that your personal experience is representative of the atheistic population as a whole?

I would never presume to speak so unilaterally about a broad ideological population.

(06-01-2014 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Your claim no longer holds true in any case because I'm an atheist who is opposed to all hallucinogenic drugs.

Alcohol is not a hallucinogen.

(06-01-2014 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you care to explain how you arrived at that number?

See the WHO PDF to which I linked above for the documentation.

(06-01-2014 11:51 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Other than that, I'd still like an answer to this question:

(06-01-2014 09:46 AM)Vosur Wrote:  How, exactly, does atheism "broadly justify" the consume of alcohol? Blink

I already answered that question.

My Blog
06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
(06-01-2014 12:23 PM)maklelan Wrote:  Alcohol is not a hallucinogen.

Well it seems to make women appear more attractive.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post
06-01-2014, 12:38 PM
(06-01-2014 12:35 PM)joben1 Wrote:  Well it seems to make women appear more attractive.

Tongue

Yes

My Blog
06-01-2014, 12:41 PM
(06-01-2014 11:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  Who says we're not worried about alcohol ? We don't have idiots saying 'you *must* drink', 'you are evil if you don't drink' running around. We don't have ancient books written by twits with frothing-at-the-mouth condemnations of people who don't drink contained therein, which are read and believed by a large majority of the population. We don't have powerful lobbies of people trying to spread misinformation about alcohol, or at least not on the scale of for example, the Creationist movement. Therefore we don't feel the same need to address the arguments of the alcohol pushers.

You'll just let 2.5 million people continue to die every year (in addition to the many millions more hospitalized, abused, and otherwise suffering as a direct result) because at least they're not being dicks about pushing it? Seriously? That's your argument?

My Blog
06-01-2014, 12:42 PM
Someone tell me again why we're not allowed to point out the absurdity of the history of religion and how that does not apply to Mak here? And explain to me why Mak gets to cherry pick that OUT of his association with religion and run his agenda against Atheism were alcohol is concerned?? Because we Finally DID get down to his agenda here but not before we all had to tip-toe around his sensitivity of persecution where he feels we misrepresent religion as a whole.......

so....... someone catch me up. Mak refuses to answer such questions.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
06-01-2014, 12:43 PM
(06-01-2014 12:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 12:06 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I'm glad this isn't part of the scientific method so at least I have one method of knowledge discovery that I can personally trust.

Says the non-scientist. Angel
Your not a thesbien but you can appreciate Gwenith and her profession can you not?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
(06-01-2014 12:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The vast majority do not know wtf they're talking about. Tongue
Well Religion is based on blind faith.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
(06-01-2014 06:57 AM)maklelan Wrote:  ...but not far behind is the insistence that one may only construct their worldviews on what other tell them they're allowed to, namely testable and repeatable empirical data of which---in many iterations---the science-hobbyist understands that Dawkins approves.

[Image: the-Wicker-Man-6.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
(06-01-2014 12:42 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Someone tell me again why we're not allowed to point out the absurdity of the history of religion and how that does not apply to Mak here? And explain to me why Mak gets to cherry pick that OUT of his association with religion and run his agenda against Atheism were alcohol is concerned?? Because we Finally DID get down to his agenda here but not before we all had to tip-toe around his sensitivity of persecution where he feels we misrepresent religion as a whole.......

so....... someone catch me up. Mak refuses to answer such questions.

Typical theist stance "I am not deluded about anything it's you lot that's deluded" and now we have one hell of a red herring.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post