[split] maklelan and others discuss evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 11:34 AM by IndianAtheist.)
RE: [split] maklelan and others discuss evidence
(06-01-2014 10:55 PM)maklelan Wrote:  There's the mark of the person who can't see the argument because it's too far over their head.
Ha ha no.. i was talking about you being delusional.
Quote:No, that's not what I believe at all
Too bad.. because that's what most Mormons believe in.. are you some kind of special mormon ? unless you make your beliefs clear i'm just gonna assume what most Mormons believe in.
Quote:but it's spelled Kolob, and it's not a planet, it's a star.
Oh here you go with your word games again! call it a planet or a star it doesn't really matter,its a fictional celestial body just like krypton it DOESN'T EXIST.
Quote:In the end, you don't know jack about me, what I believe, or the topics I'm discussing.
Oh really ? you just said that you were a Mormon..so i kinda know what story you believe in and i also read this thread.. so i kinda know your whole tirade of "Alcohol crusade"
Quote:You're just ejaculating your naive prejudices on the internet because it makes you feel bigger.
Oh did i hurt your ego dear sir? Drinking Beverage
Quote:As I've said, I don't care about being mocked
that's not true you certainly do get butthurt and accuse people for having prejudice against the faith based communities.
Quote:Claiming theists unilaterally have serious psychological disorders is flagrant and idiotic misrepresentation.
I'm sorry no it isn't! having unsubstantiated superstitious beliefs and faith based assertions about the universe's nature IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM! a much more dangerous problem then alcoholism.
Quote:I don't expect anyone to take it seriously, I just expect them to be honest and informed
exactly magical gold plates,planet kolob,magical undergarments and red Indians being the descendants of a "Cursed" middle eastern tribe "Lamanites" ?

Do i need to know anything else about your loony religion ? i'm all ears.Drinking Beverage
Quote:Then don't presume to condescend to millions of people you don't know.
you know what ? i really hate self-righteous pricks... mainly because they're just too damn hypocritical.
Quote:Now who's playing stupid word games?
I'm not i'm just being straight to the point here..

Alcohol may cause irresponsible individuals to use commit crimes but that doesn't mean alcohol is like smoking which directly affects the health of others via passive smoking.
Quote:No, alcohol consumption is unilaterally and objectively a bad thing.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
07-01-2014, 11:30 AM
(06-01-2014 11:06 PM)maklelan Wrote:  ...mainstream Christian claims are just as laughable. A talking donkey, the sun standing still, a flying man who is a different person but the same being as his father, and a dozen other things are no less silly.

And you are right to reject the supernatural claims of xtianity or any other religion based on their preposterous and, as you say, laughable nature.

And yet you fail and/or refuse to put the supernatural claims of Mormonism to that same test.

Why the abject intellectual dishonesty?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-01-2014, 11:34 AM
(06-01-2014 10:55 PM)maklelan Wrote:  As I've said, I don't care about being mocked

Yes, we can see that clearly, as you have half of us on ignore.

Drinking Beverage

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-01-2014, 12:37 PM
(07-01-2014 07:17 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 03:56 AM)Stevil Wrote:  My degree is in Computer and Mathematical Sciences (SO THERE! Shocking )

I must say thesbien is probably not a word in any country's dictionary. Maybe its a cross between a thespian and a lesbian? Saying that someone is a thespian lesbian seems a bit awkward. Much easier to say thesbian instead.

So I'm a lesbian now? Blink
I was referring to Gwenyth being a thesbian but given your infatuation I can forgive your for forgetting that Gwenyth is a seperate entity from House of Cantor.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
07-01-2014, 02:51 PM
you know what ? i really hate self-righteous pricks... mainly because they're just too damn hypocritical.
Quote:

Thank you. Add know-it-all to your explanation and you're golden!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-01-2014, 09:33 PM
(06-01-2014 11:06 PM)maklelan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:46 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  However I believe you said earlier in this thread that Mormons aren't required to hold to the BOM, D&C, PGP. Can you explain that?

I didn't say that, I just said I don't hold to a literalist reading.

(06-01-2014 10:46 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  In Christianity it amounts to cherry picking and hermeneutical gymnastics. What is the basis for theist beliefs if the holy books aren't trustworthy or intelligible?

Mormonism prioritizes prayer and personal revelation.

(06-01-2014 10:46 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  Kolob, your eventually becoming a god with your own universe, Jesus and satan as rival spirit brothers, Native Americans descend from ancient Israelites, Smith using a stone to translate Reformed Egyptian, Jesus will one day rule the earth from Jackson Co MO, etc.

These are not things Latter-day Saints really think or care much about.

(06-01-2014 10:46 PM)freetoreason Wrote:  You havent addressed your stance on Mormon doctrine. Let's have it, you believe these things or don't you?

I already explained my position on that.

= end of discussion