strait of hormuz

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
strait of hormuz
Iran is threatening to shut down the Strait of Hormuz, if Britain, Germany and France decides to, in shorter terms, quit taking their shit (Iran's oil) because of their failure of compliance on Iran's nuclear program. So.. if that happens, Iran is threatening to shut down this water way (strait of hormuz) which a lot of oil goes through this "street of water", basically. Well, military leaders have decided this will not be tolerated. Where do you think this is going?!

Before you see the light, you must die!
Through the fear you're sold into the fraud
It's my obsession, to treat (g)od like an infection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
RE: strait of hormuz
(03-01-2012 09:18 PM)Unreal Wrote:  Iran is threatening to shut down the Strait of Hormuz, if Britain, Germany and France decides to, in shorter terms, quit taking their shit (Iran's oil) because of their failure of compliance on Iran's nuclear program. So.. if that happens, Iran is threatening to shut down this water way (strait of hormuz) which a lot of oil goes through this "street of water", basically. Well, military leaders have decided this will not be tolerated. Where do you think this is going?!

They can try, but U.S. naval forces could sink Iran's entire navy without breaking a sweat. It's probably some calculated bravado on Iran's part - to what end is never clear.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 12:24 AM
Its a pretty mashed up situation

Quote:TEHRAN: Iran on Monday tested missiles near the Strait of Hormuz, underlining its threats to close the vital oil-transit waterway as the West prepares to impose more economic sanctions over Tehran's nuclear drive.

The launch of two missiles took place on the final day of war games in waters east of the strait at the entrance to the Gulf, a navy spokesman, Commodore Mahmoud Mousavi, was quoted as saying by official media.

France said the tests were regrettable and stressed to Tehran the Strait of Hormuz must remain open. "We regret the very bad signal sent to the international community by the latest missile tests announced by Iran," French foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said in Paris, reminding Tehran of the "freedom of navigation in straits and the need to maintain a favourable climate in respect to this freedom" . The longest range of missiles was 200km.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world...346090.cms

The west isnt going to back down from its sanctions and I dont think Iran will either. Russia has been building these nuclear facilities for Iran but I dont think they will defend them if it came to it....they may be a bit pissed off if the UN bomb it and kill russian civilian workers, further increasing tensions after russia disagreed over the "missle shield" in europe.

Its gonna get messy Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
04-01-2012, 10:28 AM
If Iran close the the strait of Hormuz, they will actually impose a sanction on themselves- since oil is their only income. I love it when they threaten to burry themselves TongueP
04-01-2012, 11:33 AM
(04-01-2012 10:28 AM)shiranl Wrote:  If Iran close the the strait of Hormuz, they will actually impose a sanction on themselves- since oil is their only income. I love it when they threaten to burry themselves TongueP
Well...
They DO have a history of shooting themselves in the foot...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
And the rest of the world was like
[Image: And_not_a_single_fuck_Was_given_that_day...162306.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-02-2012, 09:30 AM
mmm many things to say
1 the sanctions on iran are illegal and unethical
2 "If Iran close the the strait of Hormuz, they will actually impose a sanction on themselves- since oil is their only income. I love it when they threaten to burry themselves TongueP " shows ignorance on the consequences of the closing, and irrational hate to iran
3 although this forum due to its nature its inclined to free thinking, it seem that is true only for religion, in other themes i find the same fundamentalism and ignorance of churches and faiths
02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
(02-02-2012 09:30 AM)iluvatar77 Wrote:  mmm many things to say
2 "If Iran close the the strait of Hormuz, they will actually impose a sanction on themselves- since oil is their only income. I love it when they threaten to burry themselves TongueP " shows ignorance on the consequences of the closing, and irrational hate to iran
3 although this forum due to its nature its inclined to free thinking, it seem that is true only for religion, in other themes i find the same fundamentalism and ignorance of churches and faiths

I would venture to say that the majority of people here don't hate Iran or the Iranian people.
However, I despise what the government does and is, many people fear what that government has done and may do.
We are not, in general, ignorant of different faiths.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I do hear the drums for war my friends. This is not good for anyone. It is a no win for the real people and the governments play games with the lives of our people like we are expendable. That is done with the people of Iran too.
02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
(02-02-2012 11:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 09:30 AM)iluvatar77 Wrote:  mmm many things to say

I would venture to say that the majority of people here don't hate Iran or the Iranian people.
However, I despise what the government does and is, many people fear what that government has done and may do.
We are not, in general, ignorant of different faiths.

I just want to teabag their president. The people are as cool as any I suppose. They need to separate religion from education though IMO. Stop teaching Sharia and jihad in public school.

kthnxby

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain