stuck in bat shit crazy central

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 08:38 AM
stuck in bat shit crazy central
My wife is graduating from Liberty University today. They are the only online school that offers an online graduate teaching degree. While we are both Humanist, it was either attend Liberty or quit working while she was in school. Falwell is speaking now. He is one crazy idiot. We are basically getting a speech about how persecuted Christians are today. The insanity of what he is saying is driving me nuts. At least I only have to be here for another half hour.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2014, 09:13 AM
RE: stuck in bat shit crazy central
Just to let you know, this section is an area set aside for those in need of support.

What would you like us to do?

If you were thinking of some kind of retibution for Falwell... it's already done... shhhh!

But I can offer my sympathy.

Oh! And welcome to the forum (both of you).

10-05-2014, 09:25 AM
(10-05-2014 09:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Just to let you know, this section is an area set aside for those in need of support.

If you were thinking of some kind of retibution for Falwell... it's already done... shhhh!

With all due respect DLJ, he is having to listen to Falwell...perhaps he needs a hug - at the very least. Hug

But, yeah, this is the part of the forum to head to when you need to talk and want to avoid the occasional insensitive jerk.

And congrats on the wife's graduation.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 09:27 AM
I guess I was just looking for some moral support. I just sat through the governor of LA tell us how America and religious liberty is under attack by Obama. Sorry if this was the wrong forum. I'm so glad that this awful experience is almost over.

(10-05-2014 09:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Just to let you know, this section is an area set aside for those in need of support.

10-05-2014, 09:31 AM
[img][Image: bearhug2_zps41926f06.jpg][/img]

Obviously a MUCH bigger hug is needed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-05-2014, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 02:40 PM by Revenant77x.)
(10-05-2014 09:27 AM)robert_rowe Wrote:  I guess I was just looking for some moral support. I just sat through the governor of LA tell us how America and religious liberty is under attack by Obama. Sorry if this was the wrong forum. I'm so glad that this awful experience is almost over.

OMG. A fate worse than death!!!!! Ick! It must be like labor pains listening to that crap. You have my deepest sympathies and my heartfelt condolences. On the bright side is this......If you can sit through something like a Jerry Falwell speech and somehow survive then you have every right to call yourself Superman and your wife is Superwomen! TaaaaDaaaaa!

Hug

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
How about you just leave.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
10-05-2014, 02:52 PM
(10-05-2014 02:37 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  How about you just leave.

He's obviously proud of his wife and staying for her.

Walking out wouid be rude.

To the op Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-05-2014, 09:19 PM
I love the hug. Thanks so much.

(10-05-2014 09:31 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [img][Image: bearhug2_zps41926f06.jpg][/img]

Obviously a MUCH bigger hug is needed.
[+] 1 user Likes robert_rowe's post
10-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Yes, I am very proud of my wife. They had a separate ceremony where she actually received her degree. We drove three hours to attend and I had my wife's 63 year old mother and her 67 year old aunt with us. I couldn't exactly leave. I had heard about how bad people like Falwell are but I had never been to an event where they spoke. I was surrounded by several thousand very misguided people who were shouting Amen to every other sentence. They were truly artful at twisting the truth into almost believable knots. It was the same half truth / twisted world view that is normal for those kind of people. When the Louisiana governor spoke it was more like a GOP rally than anything else. I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from yelling corrections back at them. Actually a few comments escaped and I got some really strange looks from the crowd. I always thought that a graduation commencement was supposed to be about the students. In a 2 hour event they spent less than 10 minutes talking about the students. And of course all credit was given to God, not the students or teachers.

I wrote my post because I was hoping to engage with some like minded people and tune out what was going on around me. I appreciate the kind words and the moral support. I love Seth's podcasts but have never posted to the forum before. It looks like a good place to hang out with some great people. Thanks for the warm welcome.

(10-05-2014 02:52 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-05-2014 02:37 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  How about you just leave.

He's obviously proud of his wife and staying for her.

Walking out wouid be rude.

To the op Hug