stuck in bat shit crazy central

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 09:42 PM
RE: stuck in bat shit crazy central
Wander around and meet the crew.

Again welcome, and again congrats!

Glad you survived the bad parts to get to the good ones.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, Christians are persecuted in some sectors, these days. That isn't a lie. The lie is Christianity. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
11-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Hi, Robert,

Glad you made it through the ceremony. It must have sucked big time! I am finding it harder and harder to listen to religious people give credit to god for everything. Congratulations to your wife on graduating.

I don't know how to do the hug icon, so here are a couple of facepalms for what you had to listen to. FacepalmFacepalmFacepalmFacepalm
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
11-05-2014, 08:56 PM
This is true. Many Muslim countries persecute everyone who is not Muslim, not just Christians. The point that Falwell seemed to be trying to make is that Christians were being persecuted in America. Persecuted by the liberal Democrats (he also called us elitists), the liberal media and non-Christians. He called us intolerant because we were preventing them from following their religion when we stop them from doing anything that they want (like when we vote to allow gay people to marry). It seemed like they thought that anyone pushing back against their mission of making America a Christian theocracy was persecuting them.

Despite the fact that I was surrounded by them I am heartened that this was an unusually concentration of crazies. Overall their numbers are declining. We know it and they know it too. They are getting louder as their numbers decline because the more moderate Christians are leaving. This only leaves the nuttiest ones. Unfortunately they still have a lot of money and power. It will still be a generation or more before they lose the power to cause trouble. I hope to see the day when this kind of craziness is seen as the mental disorder that it is.

(11-05-2014 07:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Well, Christians are persecuted in some sectors, these days. That isn't a lie. The lie is Christianity. Laugh out load