stuckness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2017, 07:00 PM
stuckness
What would you call someone that can only stop doing something when it's removed from them completely....?

they do that thing ad until unable to..... they can stop doing the thing but they keep getting sucked back into it. on top of that they just move to the next thing that keeps sucking them in after that. i.e. watching youtube to everyday till the inability arise then playing video games or watches movies day in and day out. on top of that they find it's hard to do anything else. how would you describe this person.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: stuckness
(02-07-2017 07:00 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  What would you call someone that can only stop doing something when it's removed from them completely....?

they do that thing ad until unable to..... they can stop doing the thing but they keep getting sucked back into it. on top of that they just move to the next thing that keeps sucking them in after that. i.e. watching youtube to everyday till the inability arise then playing video games or watches movies day in and day out. on top of that they find it's hard to do anything else. how would you describe this person.

Obsessive? Fixated?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-07-2017, 07:10 PM
would you cal this person addicted???

02-07-2017, 07:11 PM
(02-07-2017 07:10 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  would you cal this person addicted???

addicted (əˈdɪktɪd)
adj
1. dependent on a substance, esp a narcotic drug
2. devoted to a particular activity or thing, to the extent that one does it or has it as much as possible

So that would be yes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-07-2017, 07:16 PM
I ask because that might be me... I have been watching youtube non stop unable to do anything else without shutting everything off. then maybe something gets done but I would just turn it back on tand get sucked back in. that is till my screen cracked and became useless. then went into the other room and started watching dvds. these dvds have been setting there since my birthday last year. when i bought them

02-07-2017, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 04:44 AM by Anjele.)
(02-07-2017 07:16 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I ask because that might be me... I have been watching youtube non stop unable to do anything else without shutting everything off. then maybe something gets done but I would just turn it back on tand get sucked back in. that is till my screen cracked and became useless. then went into the other room and started watching dvds. these dvds have been setting there since my birthday last year. when i bought them

You sound a bit obsessed.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? What do your parents say?

02-07-2017, 07:32 PM
(02-07-2017 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 07:16 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  I ask because that might be me... I have been watching youtube non stop unable to do anything else without shutting everything off. then maybe something gets done but I would just turn it back on tand get sucked back in. that is till my screen cracked and became useless. then went into the other room and started watching dvds. these dvds have been setting there since my birthday last year. when i bought them

You sound a bit obsessed.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? What do you parents say?

I've been receiving mental health services but not for addiction.... I have sent an email to two of the people over the program. they will get back to me tommorow. my parents haven't been asked but I think they would know by now.

edit 1: I've just noticed today.....

02-07-2017, 07:34 PM
(02-07-2017 07:32 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  
(02-07-2017 07:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You sound a bit obsessed.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? What do you parents say?

I've been receiving mental health services but not for addiction.... I have sent an email to two of the people over the program. they will get back to me tommorow. my parents haven't been asked but I think they would know by now.

Be honest with your care workers and let them help you.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-07-2017, 07:34 PM
will/can do...

[+] 1 user Likes kunoxian drive's post
02-07-2017, 07:35 PM
(02-07-2017 07:34 PM)kunoxian drive Wrote:  will/can do...

Take care of yourself. It's good that you see a potential problem and have reached out for some help. Thumbsup