studies - atheists inspire thoughts of death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2015, 11:12 AM
RE: studies - atheists inspire thoughts of death
(23-05-2015 11:07 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Dying in your sleep at an old age is pain free. Anything that kills you pretty much very quick will also be mostly pain free.

I'm talking about GURANTEEING a pain free death. I'm sorry, but suicide is the only way to do that.

It's also the worst the way to go. I would rather die by a more painful natural cause than chicken out and kill myself.

(23-05-2015 11:07 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anything that kills you pretty much very quick will also be mostly pain free.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=624_1366952938

You should be banned for that link.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
23-05-2015, 11:12 AM
(23-05-2015 11:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not being afraid of death and hope that dying won't be painfull isn't reason enough to commit suicide, not for me at least.

Then you are not neutral about death. There is nothing wrong with having a desire to not die.
23-05-2015, 11:14 AM
(23-05-2015 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:04 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  And? Prove me logically your claim that religion causes poverty.

Well it was more of a play on words than an actual claim but a 2010 Gallop poll did show the poorest nations did have highest counts of religious residents.
Quote: One theory is that religion plays a more functional role in the world's poorest countries, helping many residents cope with a daily struggle to provide for themselves and their families. A previous Gallup analysis supports this idea, revealing that the relationship between religiosity and emotional wellbeing is stronger among poor countries than among those in the developed world.
You said that religion causes poverty
23-05-2015, 11:15 AM
(23-05-2015 11:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's also the worst the way to go. I would rather die by a more painful natural cause than chicken out and kill myself.

Please watch the film "How to die in Oregon." I suspect you'll change your mind about suicide being "chickening out".
[+] 2 users Like Matt Finney's post
23-05-2015, 11:15 AM
(23-05-2015 11:14 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Well it was more of a play on words than an actual claim but a 2010 Gallop poll did show the poorest nations did have highest counts of religious residents.
Quote: One theory is that religion plays a more functional role in the world's poorest countries, helping many residents cope with a daily struggle to provide for themselves and their families. A previous Gallup analysis supports this idea, revealing that the relationship between religiosity and emotional wellbeing is stronger among poor countries than among those in the developed world.
You said that religion causes poverty

I said it was more a play on words than an actual claim. I literally started out with my last post with that.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
23-05-2015, 11:16 AM
(23-05-2015 11:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:07 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=624_1366952938

You should be banned for that link.
It just shows that very fast death still can be very painful.
23-05-2015, 11:17 AM
(23-05-2015 11:15 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's also the worst the way to go. I would rather die by a more painful natural cause than chicken out and kill myself.

Please watch the film "How to die in Oregon." I suspect you'll change your mind about suicide being "chickening out".

I suffer from severe depression, many times i have had the thought and feeling of suicide, many times i have wanted to end my own life. I know what it feels like to want to die and i feel with my experience i can rightfully say its chickening out. Its giving up, its becoming weak.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-05-2015, 11:18 AM
(23-05-2015 11:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:07 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  I'm talking about GURANTEEING a pain free death. I'm sorry, but suicide is the only way to do that.

It's also the worst the way to go.

I would think that being tortured and murdered would be worse.
23-05-2015, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2015 11:49 AM by Szuchow.)
(23-05-2015 11:12 AM)Matt Finney Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 11:05 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Not being afraid of death and hope that dying won't be painfull isn't reason enough to commit suicide, not for me at least.

Then you are not neutral about death. There is nothing wrong with having a desire to not die.

Still persisting with your nonsense? You fear death I get it, but there is no need to project this fear onto others. Not everybody thinks like you. I for example happens to like life and I don't see need to end it prematurely. And if you think thats cause I'm fear death then nothing can be done for you, for there is no arguing with belief.

Having desire not to die (right now) isn't the same thing as fearing death. Though if thinking one equal other helps you sleep better then I see no purpose in arguing.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
23-05-2015, 11:21 AM
(23-05-2015 11:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I suffer from severe depression, many times i have had the thought and feeling of suicide, many times i have wanted to end my own life. I know what it feels like to want to die and i feel with my experience i can rightfully say its chickening out. Its giving up, its becoming weak.

I'm sorry you're depressed, but do you really believe that terminally ill people who use suicide to ease the pain of death are cowards?