stuff my feelings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: stuff my feelings
I would start off strict in my diet. No treat days, and 6 days of HIIT. You should start off eating nothing but fruits,vegetables, meat, and oatmeal. As you start to go down you can eat more like beans and potatoes. Eventually you will reach a point where you can eat junk and still lose weight. Also take a martial art. I am learning capoeira and charis can say the same about martial arts. Also find support when doing it. Doing cardio and building muscle also helps with depression. Trust me.Thumbsup

Also happy seal for support

[Image: happy-seal.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(07-05-2014 03:58 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I would start off strict in my diet. No treat days, and 6 days of HIIT. You should start off eating nothing but fruits,vegetables, meat, and oatmeal. As you start to go down you can eat more like beans and potatoes. Eventually you will reach a point where you can eat junk and still lose weight. Also take a martial art. I am learning capoeira and charis can say the same about martial arts. Also find support when doing it. Doing cardio and building muscle also helps with depression. Trust me.Thumbsup

Starting off with a strict regimen is... not something I'd go for. IMO it's better to ease into exercise and dieting. Being very strict makes you not enjoy the whole thing. Start slow and escalate it as you find out what you're comfortable with - that'd be my advice. Not that I know much about it Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-05-2014, 04:18 PM
If possible get a dog. A big one. I have a three year Golden Retriever and I take him out for a two hour walk each day. It's a great incentive to get out of the house, exercise and stay in shape.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
07-05-2014, 04:19 PM
(07-05-2014 04:15 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 03:58 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I would start off strict in my diet. No treat days, and 6 days of HIIT. You should start off eating nothing but fruits,vegetables, meat, and oatmeal. As you start to go down you can eat more like beans and potatoes. Eventually you will reach a point where you can eat junk and still lose weight. Also take a martial art. I am learning capoeira and charis can say the same about martial arts. Also find support when doing it. Doing cardio and building muscle also helps with depression. Trust me.Thumbsup

Starting off with a strict regimen is... not something I'd go for. IMO it's better to ease into exercise and dieting. Being very strict makes you not enjoy the whole thing. Start slow and escalate it as you find out what you're comfortable with - that'd be my advice. Not that I know much about it Tongue

I was going to say the same thing. Plus rushing straight into heavy exercise and a strict diet can make someone feel some negative changes, like fatigue.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
07-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I am 5-8 and was over 225 at one point in time. Between raising kids, stress, bad eating habbits and drinking I was huge. I really do not know how big I was because I got discussed when I saw 225 and 38 waste pants got tight. I did not get back on the scale until my fat cloths started to get loose.

I started small with diet and exercise. Everything I did was so thing I could make a habit. Diet wise I worked on eating a little less and a little better. For exercise it started as walking 1 mile three times a week and doing martial arts. Over the last three year my eating has gotten better and exercise has turned into running 4 miles three times a week and biking 25 to 40 miles twice a week.

It took three years buy I am 165 now and wear 32 waste pants comfortabally.

Good luck
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
09-05-2014, 08:05 AM
If you haven't already, get to your doctor about your depression and anxiety.

What a lot of people fail to do in many areas is to plan and to have goals, expectations and an outlook. You are not going to get to your target weight overnight. It may take many many months and you need preparation and goals to aim for to keep you focused and on track.

Id work on a monthly basis. Set yourself a goal (realistic and within your capabilities) for the end of a month. Make a list of the steps/actions that you will need to do to make you month goal achievable. You then turn these changes into their own miniature goals that can be done daily/weekly.

Buy some weighted ankle and wrist bracelets (loads of fitness shops do them) and wear them wherever you feel comfortable.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
09-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Setting reasonable goals and tracking them is a great idea. There are lots of fitness apps and websites out there that can help. I use a combination of mapmyfitness.com, an app by wahoo fitness and MS Excel. I have my goals mapped out as far as monthly milage and target weight.
09-05-2014, 10:51 AM
I did best changing my diet by adding, not subtracting. The subtracting follows without trying if you add correctly.

Half an hour before each meal, have a large glass of water and any veggies and fruit and meat you happen to enjoy most.

Just cut it in chunks, sit down and snack on it. You need to eat a cup of each if you can. The more, the better. If you like you can dip it in plain yogurt - the greek is a lot like sour cream.

Once you ate your quota, you can have whatever turns you on. You will find that you will want less and less of whatever you planned on eating. If you stick to this, you will drop weight, and your metabolism will go up so you will move more. It just goes naturally from there, as long as you always eat your veggie, fruit, meat snack. Explore new things periodically - there are always a lot of seasonal things to be had.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-05-2014, 10:58 AM
I used to not eat when I was depressed and ended up underweight.

A couple of decades later I started to put on the weight. My husband is trying to lose weight as well because of his medication. We found that 5/2 fasting really works. 5 days a week eating normally and 2 days a week fasting. So we'd fast on Sunday and Thursday say. It really sucks at first but you get used to it. The main benefit is that you don't want to eat so much during the 5 days when you can eat.

Really though the first thing you need to do is stop eating junk food. There will be loads of little things that you take for granted which will be contributing to being overweight. Like fizzy drinks / soda. Start cutting them out one by one and find a healthy substitute. You need to recondition your taste buds. There's always going to be something far healthier which you won't mind eating instead. After a while you will prefer them and shudder at the thought of eating junk food.
09-05-2014, 12:17 PM
The thing is that, if the same diet worked for everyone, someone would be rich beyond their dreams and we would all have the perfect figure.

Unfortunately we are all different, and you need to look at as many ways to handle this as possible, and then pick what feels right to you.

There are a lot of ways to do this - but whatever it is needs to be a life change, not a temporary "drop a lot of weight fast" diet. Weight lost in that fashion only comes back worse.

Whatever you choose to do must be fun enough for you to live with.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post