stupid parents + religion = poor baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2011, 10:26 AM
stupid parents + religion = poor baby
full article

Quote:PARENTS TIMOTHY WYLAND AND WIFE REBECCA PUT THEIR FAITH IN GOD TO HEAL A TUMOR ON THE FACE OF THEIR BABY GIRL ALAYNA CHARGED WITH CHILD ABUSE

No one can even imagine that parents can do something like this to their child which actually has been done by Timothy Wyland (44-year-old husband) and Rebecca (24-year-old wife), the parents of Alayna to their daughter, sources said. The girl was put by her parents by faith in God and they did not go for the proper or much required treatment of the benign tumor of their daughter, sources said.

The court heard yesterday afternoon that the tumor of Alayna, which actually threatened the eyesight of this little girl, has been intentionally neglected by her parents, sources said. The benign tumor of Alayna actually had grown to a baseball size when the girl reached to six months of age. Even the eye socket started pushing by this tumor but the parents did not go for much required medical treatment and refused to visit a doctor, court heard.

The parents i.e. Timothy Wyland and Rebecca are being described as Followers of Christ Church’s active members which is widely recognized being an unorthodox Christian church in Oregon State, sources said. The sources also claimed that Followers of Christ Church actually shuns medicine and therefore parents of Alayna did not go for her treatment.

The tumor, which actually is being suffered by Alayna, is being described as a dangerous disease that can cause blindness to its patient if this tumor develops around the patient’s eye, sources said. Alayna, who is currently 17-month-old girl has got treatment to its hemangioma tumor after court orders and has been placed by the court in foster care, sources said.

This really makes my blood boil again. Damn fundies who really believe science is the work of the devil...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2011, 10:55 AM
RE: stupid parents + religion = poor baby
Sadly this is an inconveneient truth.
People reject vaccines because they think they are the work of the devil ,
Jehova's Witnesses(Watchtower) reject blood transfusions ,
homeopaths deny conventional medicine.
It's a situation where lore and faith replace evidence supported medicine. It happens all the time. I wish more people would wake up and hold these people accountable and their leaders as well. You don't yell "fire" in a crowded theater and you don't yell "abandon medicine" to sick people...

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
06-06-2011, 09:09 AM
If the state is going to prosecute adherents for adhering, then the solution is for the state to forbid such a religion being practiced and preached - right?

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
(06-06-2011 09:09 AM)TrainWreck Wrote:  If the state is going to prosecute adherents for adhering, then the solution is for the state to forbid such a religion being practiced and preached - right?

That's a big reach there, and I'm sure you know it.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-06-2011, 06:49 PM

Well, they're unfit parents that's for sure. They have the Constitutional right to believe as much religious bullshit as they can swallow. Fortunately, their child has the Constitutional right by proxy of overseers through the State child protective services, to be afforded proper medical attention so that a parent's faith doesn't kill or maim them.

I hope this couple never get their child back. How pathetic they are and how tragic this precious baby suffered for it.
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
What the hell is up with that article? Of course the story is horrible, but the grammer is driving me nuts!
08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
(08-06-2011 07:39 PM)TheKetola Wrote:  What the hell is up with that article? Of course the story is horrible, but the grammer is driving me nuts!

Lol, I thought maybe it was not originally written in English, and poorly translated. That's what I'd like to believe, anyway. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM

I tried to get past the bad English, but it's nerve wracking when going over the article more than once.

I think the banner (contentenique) for the news agency itself is French. Translated, per Google, to read something akin to; "The Core Content".
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2011, 03:27 AM
And this is why some, if not all, religions should be ILLEGAL!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-07-2011, 08:28 PM
I remember reading this in the paper. Thankfully, Oregon has recently passed measures to prevent religion to be an adequate defense in these faith-healing cases.