stupid parents + religion = poor baby

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: stupid parents + religion = poor baby
(08-06-2011 06:49 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Well, they're unfit parents that's for sure. They have the Constitutional right to believe as much religious bullshit as they can swallow. Fortunately, their child has the Constitutional right by proxy of overseers through the State child protective services, to be afforded proper medical attention so that a parent's faith doesn't kill or maim them.

I hope this couple never get their child back. How pathetic they are and how tragic this precious baby suffered for it.

unfit is a very tough word. I understand where you are coming from but its not that they don't love their child, they are sick people as in mentally sick, much like other mental disorders. I agree with the courts but unfit to me seems to insinuate they are bad, they are sick. They believe they are doing whats best for their child. We have to remember these people have been brainwashed many as children, and are also victims. I mean thinking of how I used to be which really was just Christian a little towards baptist, I started teaching my girls about the bible etc. luckily they are still young, 5 and 2, so I beieve I can stop the brainwashing I was beginning to do. However, that said I never meant it in a malicious way, I love them more then anything, I was sick. Sick from indoctrination, a true mental disorder. Just playing devils advocate.

“The highest activity a human being can attain is learning for understanding, because to understand is to be free.”
― Baruch Spinoza
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2012, 11:57 PM
RE: stupid parents + religion = poor baby
This reminds me of that big news story a few years back about the little boy who had cancer, and his doctors were begging to treat him for it, but his mother was steadfastly against it and put all her trust into faith healing. He was getting sicker and sicker and I think there was a lawsuit going on to try to make it so she couldn't stand in the way of the doctors anymore. She ended up kidnapping her own son to keep the doctors from being able to treat him. But, thankfully, she somehow ended up having a change of heart and brought him back. He was treated successfully, if I remember right. Don't know whatever happened to her or the boy after that, though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Psychology and Psychiatry on Religion djkamilo 12 431 06-01-2014 01:37 PM
Last Post: The Germans are coming
  THE CASE AGAINST RELIGION by Dr. Albert Ellis CaptKram1963 4 423 06-11-2013 06:14 PM
Last Post: Christsays
  Ambiguity tollerance vs religion, and Fundamentalsim Bucky Ball 2 211 27-10-2013 03:59 AM
Last Post: DLJ
Question Therapists Using Religion in Session with Children thirteenislucky 28 1,127 08-01-2013 10:33 AM
Last Post: namiloveyou
  What causes religion ? Bucky Ball 2 262 29-10-2012 02:40 AM
Last Post: PoolBoyG
  Therapy for Recovering from Religion deafinition 4 478 13-06-2012 04:39 PM
Last Post: kim
  Baby born without a brain Vosur 25 2,601 18-05-2012 12:25 AM
Last Post: Erxomai