suscipe domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
RE: suscipe domine
(02-12-2013 03:56 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 03:07 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  You mean..... there's something wrong with me?!?! :crying:

Hug

Sillies. Although you'll catch something if you keep going over there, and ya better not bring it back. Tongue

Haha. I'll make sure to keep a safe distance to avoid contamination. But really, it looks to me like some of them there require professional help.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
I have very little desire to go there. I have a more of a mythological approach when it comes to religion..lets be honest, what is exactly separating the two besides active participation?
That's not going to go well over there even if it isn't meant to be disrespectful. Some even say they are anti-science because science is anti-god. Ugh...if they hold such sentiments you wonder why they are on the internet let alone own computers or have electricity or anything really. Talking to them just seems so sisyphean.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
02-12-2013, 05:07 PM
They're kinda strange.
02-12-2013, 05:30 PM
I've peeked in there but only when it's been linked. They're so uber-catholic - I can't relate. Also, I can't stand all the clutter - I don't like how the boards are set up.

I think being catholic must keep them busy enough to keep them from figuring out that they will die and that life will continue without them.

Religion is such a distraction; the bigger the religion, the bigger the distraction. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-12-2013, 05:32 PM
(02-12-2013 04:51 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I have very little desire to go there. I have a more of a mythological approach when it comes to religion..lets be honest, what is exactly separating the two besides active participation?
That's not going to go well over there even if it isn't meant to be disrespectful. Some even say they are anti-science because science is anti-god. Ugh...if they hold such sentiments you wonder why they are on the internet let alone own computers or have electricity or anything really. Talking to them just seems so sisyphean.

I agree. In the beginning i had wanted to start a discussion with them. Now i am not so sure. I mean i am always hesitant drawing conclusions about people before i at least talk to them, but looking at their interactions it might not be a goos idea to engage them in any way. Maybe ill think about it some more.

If you don't want a sarcastic answer, don't ask stupid questions. Drinking Beverage
02-12-2013, 05:33 PM
(02-12-2013 05:07 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  They're kinda strange.

Indeed they are. Smile this is just a tad of an understatement, yes?

[+] 1 user Likes ivaneus's post
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
(02-12-2013 05:30 PM)kim Wrote:  I've peeked in there but only when it's been linked. They're so uber-catholic - I can't relate. Also, I can't stand all the clutter - I don't like how the boards are set up.

I think being catholic must keep them busy enough to keep them from figuring out that they will die and that life will continue without them.

Religion is such a distraction; the bigger the religion, the bigger the distraction. Drinking Beverage

I went there, tried to have a conversation. I'll never be the same again. Weeping

There are some really cray-cray people there. Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2013, 05:34 PM
(02-12-2013 05:30 PM)kim Wrote:  I've peeked in there but only when it's been linked. They're so uber-catholic - I can't relate. Also, I can't stand all the clutter - I don't like how the boards are set up.

You may be right. I suppose they dont want to think of their own deaths and so expend a huge amount of effort into their delusions. One of the more common reasons to have faith i suppose.

02-12-2013, 05:36 PM
(02-12-2013 05:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  

I went there, tried to have a conversation. I'll never be the same again. Weeping

There are some really cray-cray people there. Shocking

Have you forgotten that thick gloves dont do the trick over there? You need the whole biohazard suit!

Smile i had a couple of LOL moments reading stuff there but now im thinking it's not worth the migraine.

02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
(02-12-2013 05:32 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  
(02-12-2013 04:51 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I have very little desire to go there. I have a more of a mythological approach when it comes to religion..lets be honest, what is exactly separating the two besides active participation?

I agree. In the beginning i had wanted to start a discussion with them. Now i am not so sure. I mean i am always hesitant drawing conclusions about people before i at least talk to them, but looking at their interactions it might not be a goos idea to engage them in any way. Maybe ill think about it some more.
Even amongst themselves there is little coexistence. If you believe in the god of the bible but aren't a Roman Catholic you're gonna be second rateTongue Definatly not a "true" christian.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post