sythgoat summarized somewhat briefly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 05:07 PM
sythgoat summarized somewhat briefly
About a year ago, I found an ad for Deconverted: A Journey From Religion To Reason. I then found TTA podcast on Itunes. I downloaded an episode and was hooked. I immediately listened to the entire back catalog over time. It is now my favorite podcast and I look forward to each episode. My job is on the night shift and it allows me to listen to the show. Just recently, I downloaded Seth's audiobook and have listened to it quite a bit. I was raised in Lower Alabama and am a former believer. The podcast has helped me find my own path that I once thought was lost. I am a journalism major at Eastern Michigan University while minoring in Electronic Media. TTA podcast has relit an inferno inside of me to get back into broadcasting so I am learning how to do that in my studies. I just got out of the service after 10 years of service and came out to my family as an atheist. My brother has shunned me. My parents don't speak to me very much. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I want to thank Seth Andrews and TTA for presenting a sane voice in an insane world. I hope to meet a community of non-believers and have good, friendly conversation. Above all, I want to say hello and look forward to meeting you all in the forums.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 10:21 PM
RE: sythgoat summarized somewhat briefly
(19-11-2013 05:07 PM)sythgoat Wrote:  About a year ago, I found an ad for Deconverted: A Journey From Religion To Reason. I then found TTA podcast on Itunes. I downloaded an episode and was hooked. I immediately listened to the entire back catalog over time. It is now my favorite podcast and I look forward to each episode. My job is on the night shift and it allows me to listen to the show. Just recently, I downloaded Seth's audiobook and have listened to it quite a bit. I was raised in Lower Alabama and am a former believer. The podcast has helped me find my own path that I once thought was lost. I am a journalism major at Eastern Michigan University while minoring in Electronic Media. TTA podcast has relit an inferno inside of me to get back into broadcasting so I am learning how to do that in my studies. I just got out of the service after 10 years of service and came out to my family as an atheist. My brother has shunned me. My parents don't speak to me very much. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I want to thank Seth Andrews and TTA for presenting a sane voice in an insane world. I hope to meet a community of non-believers and have good, friendly conversation. Above all, I want to say hello and look forward to meeting you all in the forums.

Welcome. I'm new here as well, this place seems nice!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply