teach 2nd ammendment in schools?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: teach 2nd ammendment in schools?
(07-01-2015 12:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  
Quote:One bill — pre-filed in the state House — would create a Second Amendment Awareness Day to be held on Dec. 15 each year in all state schools, complete with a poster or essay contest centered on the theme "The Right To Bear Arms: One American Right Protecting All Others."

"Ok kids, tomorrow your final group projects on gun safety are due, as well as your essays deriving each of the other 26 amendments from the 2nd amendment. Remember, your visual aids can't include any pictures or replicas of weapons. Also, don't forget to bring snacks for the holiday party! We can eat during the presentations."

I actually did take rifle and handgun classes in both high school and college. Of course, they were extracurricular, not required by some blatantly politically motivated education law. What's up with this whole right-wing fixation on guns, anyway? It's not like there are that many liberals taking a hard stance on rescinding gun ownership, and the idea of people needing to arm themselves against a government with nukes and tanks at their disposal sounds pretty absurd to me. I always felt like the 2nd amendment, and definitely the 3rd, were kind of anachronisms from a bygone era, rather than things that should be at the forefront of modern-day political discussion.

I disagree, because without the 2nd amendment we wouldn't be truly free in America. Countries that have banned guns but also claim to be free countries, have laws suppressing free speech, protest etc. For example, Japan considers itself a "free country" yet right on this website is a story about a woman in Japan that is facing prison time for making a kayak out of a scan of her genitals with a 3D printer.

If you remove arms from the people, the government could, and would, pass any law they want, put you in prison for saying anything bad about a government official, lock you up for something as simple as art or protest.

The citizenry with firearms keeps the government in check, as James Madison notes in the federalist papers. As well as deters foreign governments from attacking us with ground troops.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 01:32 PM
(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I disagree, because without the 2nd amendment we wouldn't be truly free in America. Countries that have banned guns but also claim to be free countries, have laws suppressing free speech, protest etc. For example, Japan considers itself a "free country" yet right on this website is a story about a woman in Japan that is facing prison time for making a kayak out of a scan of her genitals with a 3D printer.

You are stupid, aren't you? First japan does have freedom, lets go over what america arrest people over. Hell don't innocent people end up getting the death penalty here? Yeah. America ain't that free either.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/youcang...edforthat/

(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If you remove arms from the people, the government could, and would, pass any law they want, put you in prison for saying anything bad about a government official, lock you up for something as simple as art or protest.

If the government wanted to the could do that anyway. You act is if they don't have guns. Hell they have fucking tanks and jets. I think you are confusing no guns with dictatorship.

(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The citizenry with firearms keeps the government in check, as James Madison notes in the federalist papers. As well as deters foreign governments from attacking us with ground troops.

Wait so you think citizens owning guns means the government in check? Remember those tanks, the government has them. So unless you have a rocket launcher the blows up tanks, then a government attack is something you can't stop. Guns are not America's government will do what it wants.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-01-2015, 01:36 PM
and for side info....SC was one of three states to vote to drop Common Core and are writing their own state education curriculum standards Facepalm

glad I'm only renting, might need to move again before the fat lady sings.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-01-2015, 01:40 PM
(07-01-2015 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I disagree, because without the 2nd amendment we wouldn't be truly free in America. Countries that have banned guns but also claim to be free countries, have laws suppressing free speech, protest etc. For example, Japan considers itself a "free country" yet right on this website is a story about a woman in Japan that is facing prison time for making a kayak out of a scan of her genitals with a 3D printer.

You are stupid, aren't you? First japan does have freedom, lets go over what america arrest people over. Hell don't innocent people end up getting the death penalty here? Yeah. America ain't that free either.

(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  If you remove arms from the people, the government could, and would, pass any law they want, put you in prison for saying anything bad about a government official, lock you up for something as simple as art or protest.

If the government wanted to the could do that anyway. You act is if they don't have guns. Hell they have fucking tanks and jets. I think you are confusing no guns with dictatorship.

(07-01-2015 01:21 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  The citizenry with firearms keeps the government in check, as James Madison notes in the federalist papers. As well as deters foreign governments from attacking us with ground troops.

Wait so you think citizens owning guns means the government in check? Remember those tanks, the government has them. So unless you have a rocket launcher the blows up tanks, then a government attack is something you can't stop. Guns are not America's government will do what it wants.

You know nothing of military combat. Tanks need fuel, the operator needs food and rest. They also need to be reloaded with bullets. Additionally, one does not need a rocket launcher to disable a tank. Explosives are easily made, just look at how Afghanistan/Iraq has been keeping the U.S. at bay for over a decade. There simply isn't enough firepower in the U.S. military for a full scale war against the American public. I was in the military for 10 years and I can assure you the government would be overtaken extremely quick if the need arises. The losses would be huge on both sides, but it wouldn't take long for the sheer number of citizens to overrun a few military bases and acquire some tanks of their own.

07-01-2015, 01:49 PM
(07-01-2015 01:40 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You are stupid, aren't you? First japan does have freedom, lets go over what america arrest people over. Hell don't innocent people end up getting the death penalty here? Yeah. America ain't that free either.

You know nothing of military combat. Tanks need fuel, the operator needs food and rest. They also need to be reloaded with bullets. Additionally, one does not need a rocket launcher to disable a tank. Explosives are easily made, just look at how Afghanistan/Iraq has been keeping the U.S. at bay for over a decade. There simply isn't enough firepower in the U.S. military for a full scale war against the American public. I was in the military for 10 years and I can assure you the government would be overtaken extremely quick if the need arises. The losses would be huge on both sides, but it wouldn't take long for the sheer number of citizens to overrun a few military bases and acquire some tanks of their own.

A. Not everyone in america owns a gun

B. America is not that motivated or smart, so the government can for it if it wants. Also keep in mind that some people get benefits from it

I forgot to add, if america needs its citizens to own guns to keep it from going crazy, than you know america is a shitty country to live in. And I mean it sucks. Japan doesn't need guns to keep its government sane, and it is much safer to live there than here. Keep in mind having guns is a privilege, not a necessity. But yet america is to fat and stupid to find a more productive way to solve problems.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
07-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(07-01-2015 01:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:40 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You know nothing of military combat. Tanks need fuel, the operator needs food and rest. They also need to be reloaded with bullets. Additionally, one does not need a rocket launcher to disable a tank. Explosives are easily made, just look at how Afghanistan/Iraq has been keeping the U.S. at bay for over a decade. There simply isn't enough firepower in the U.S. military for a full scale war against the American public. I was in the military for 10 years and I can assure you the government would be overtaken extremely quick if the need arises. The losses would be huge on both sides, but it wouldn't take long for the sheer number of citizens to overrun a few military bases and acquire some tanks of their own.

B. America is not that motivated or smart, so the government can for it if it wants. Also keep in mind that some people get benefits from it

I forgot to add, if america needs its citizens to own guns to keep it from going crazy, than you know america is a shitty country to live in. And I mean it sucks. Japan doesn't need guns to keep its government sane, and it is much safer to live there than here. Keep in mind having guns is a privilege, not a necessity. But yet america is to fat and stupid to find a more productive way to solve problems.

Having guns is a right, guaranteed by the constitution, not a privilege like driving. Nearly half of Americans own guns, and the ones that do own multiple and could arm their neighbors easily. The NRA alone is larger than any army in the world.

Japan is a great country, but they do not have the freedoms Americans do. Artistic expression, free speech, protesting are all controlled there, to the point that practically everything is illegal. I was stationed there for 3 years. We had to have monthly safety briefings on what we could or couldn't say or do in public.

07-01-2015, 02:04 PM
(07-01-2015 01:49 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:40 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  You know nothing of military combat. Tanks need fuel, the operator needs food and rest. They also need to be reloaded with bullets. Additionally, one does not need a rocket launcher to disable a tank. Explosives are easily made, just look at how Afghanistan/Iraq has been keeping the U.S. at bay for over a decade. There simply isn't enough firepower in the U.S. military for a full scale war against the American public. I was in the military for 10 years and I can assure you the government would be overtaken extremely quick if the need arises. The losses would be huge on both sides, but it wouldn't take long for the sheer number of citizens to overrun a few military bases and acquire some tanks of their own.

The Bill of Rights is about rights, not privileges.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2015, 02:06 PM
(07-01-2015 01:40 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 01:32 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  You are stupid, aren't you? First japan does have freedom, lets go over what america arrest people over. Hell don't innocent people end up getting the death penalty here? Yeah. America ain't that free either.

And almost as important is the fact that if the US were to fracture, the military would fracture right along with it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
07-01-2015, 02:22 PM
(07-01-2015 02:01 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Japan is a great country, but they do not have the freedoms Americans do. Artistic expression, free speech, protesting are all controlled there, to the point that practically everything is illegal. I was stationed there for 3 years. We had to have monthly safety briefings on what we could or couldn't say or do in public.

A. Japan does have freedom of speech and press. Keep in mind every country has its limits on words. Artistic expression, hentai is a thing, they have a fucking penis festival. And what does japan have to protest against. They have a 0.3 homicide rate, good education, and they don't have many major problems past how they treat koreans. Keep in mind soldiers blew up japan with two nukes and ruined them, so there is a reason they may need those.

07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
I loved living in Japan, but it's got all the same problems as any other country. I hope your unrealistically high expectations of it don't tarnish the reality when you see it, assuming you don't just turn a blind eye.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post