teacher arressted for statutory rape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 03:19 PM by epronovost.)
RE: teacher arressted for statutory rape
@Chas

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fantasm

Is this one better, unless you prefer this one

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fantasm

As for exemple of boys having poor experience with sexual experiences here are some links you might want to investigate.

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/family/pts...scents.asp
http://www.apa.org/pi/families/resources...pdate.aspx

The first ones are about symptome of distress and their most common cause (which includes sexual abuse and assault of course)

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/CV150.pdf

Tis one is perticularly interesting and is about concequences of love/sexual relationship with adult women (page 308 to get to the juicier part). It can get murky quickly as you will notice. On a personal note, I would not trust that sort of women with a teenager.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 02:52 PM
(02-03-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Believe it or not, I was once a teenage boy and I had substantial experience with teenage girls.
So I base this on my knowledge and experience of the human condition, the history of mankind, the history of our society.

When I was 13 years old in 8th grade, I had a really attractive Latin teacher and I would have been ecstatic to have been introduced to sex by her.
While not all my friends felt the same way about her, they all pretty much agreed with the concept or had their own older woman in mind.
No coercion, no manipulation, no dishonesty required - and no downside.

And you don't think that there are teen girls out there that drool over some adult guy they know, without that guy having to mislead them in some way?

This discussion is about teenage boys.

Quote:I remember being a teen as well and some of the girls I knew would have jumped the guys bone (Teacher, Friends Dad, etc.) just because they were attracted to them, not because of the adult trying any coercion.

Never said otherwise.

Quote:You are only saying this because you are a guy and can't relate to being a female.

Since I never said it, there is no 'because'.

Quote:While I am also a guy, I remember talking to girls that were friends of mine. The ideas about who they wanted desperately to have sex with, were entirely their own and only based on physical appearance.

So? That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2016, 03:02 PM
(02-03-2016 02:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 02:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  And you don't think that there are teen girls out there that drool over some adult guy they know, without that guy having to mislead them in some way?

This discussion is about teenage boys.

Quote:I remember being a teen as well and some of the girls I knew would have jumped the guys bone (Teacher, Friends Dad, etc.) just because they were attracted to them, not because of the adult trying any coercion.

Never said otherwise.

Quote:You are only saying this because you are a guy and can't relate to being a female.

Since I never said it, there is no 'because'.

Quote:While I am also a guy, I remember talking to girls that were friends of mine. The ideas about who they wanted desperately to have sex with, were entirely their own and only based on physical appearance.

So? That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

Ok, since you won't discuss the double standard let's try another approach. Let's say there is a 15 or 16 year old gay teen and he sleeps with a 25 year old guy. Is that still ok to you? Probably not, but let's see what you say.
02-03-2016, 03:06 PM
(02-03-2016 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:55 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  But that is ages old now, DNA test can prove paternity and responsibility. (I will say a wiki article written by any idiot is not particularly acceptable evidence.)

Wiki articles are a starting point. Note the many references.

And you ignored my point that with DNA testing that old excuse is no longer valid.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
02-03-2016, 03:40 PM
(29-02-2016 05:39 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://m.4029tv.com/news/centerton-teach...rce=Social

This is where I live. And they say religion is good for you and have better morals. So sad though as no one will make the connection. I should mention this is a christian school.

You could tell something's wrong wit the boy. Just look at him!

[Image: -Richard-Riley-0060-jpg.jpg]
02-03-2016, 04:07 PM
In all fairness, lust isn't religious exclusive, let alone Christian exclusive. There have been a few occasions where someone is mistaken, (upon appearance, gestures and body language), that they are at least 18. The dick knows what the dick knows. Not endorsing it, or anything like that. It's just that, honest mistakes can be made. Once found out, however, RUN FOR THE HILLS!

No. Seriously. Drinking Beverage
02-03-2016, 04:23 PM
(02-03-2016 12:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:33 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Citation needed. Big Grin

I never said "creepy and sleazy". Drinking Beverage

My apologies.

I kind of understand. I had the hots for my 9th grade algebra teacher. Still, it wouldn't have been a good idea to sleep with her, as much as I wanted to.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-03-2016, 07:43 PM
I feel the need to chime in with an anecdote from the female perspective here, since I wholeheartedly disagree with a double-standard, and it's about time for men to stop presuming they know what's best for womens' bodies without their input.

At 14 I wanted to be sexually active, so I went on birth control and lost my virginity with a 16 year old. He was an immature ass, and I steadily went for older guys after that, until at 17 I started dating a 24 year old who lied about his age to me (told me he was 21). Looking back, I understand why he did it, and why his parents forced him to break up with me when they found out how old I was (we secretly kept dating for a while after that though). He still insisted many years later that he loved me and maybe he did, and maybe I loved him back too. We'll never know though since society has arbitrarily decided to make that urge to date a 17 year old a crime punishable by jail time (in most US states at least), despite my full-hearted and well-reasoned consent that was given. The idea that my parents could have put him in jail frankly is just infuriating to me (they also thought he was 21 and they were uneasy but OK with that). I behaved like a responsible adult and am no worse the wear for it. He was a good guy otherwise, and sometimes I still wonder what could have been. After all, my grandfather also lied to my grandmother about his age, she didn't find out his real age until they signed the marriage cert, and they were happily married 60+ years until death did them part. In any case, societal (religious?) propriety has made it so extreme punishment is the result of some genuine consenting relationships. Human brains don't fully mature until about 25 anyhow, so I'm sure my 24 year old boyfriend couldn't have possibly grasped the potential life-ruining decisions he was making by choosing to date me. And THIS is the problem.

I would definitely support moving to a system like Canada's where there are reasonable age groups with some overlap. Obviously a 14 year old with a 25 year old is probably a bad idea, but 14&17-18, or 16-17&24 doesn't seem too terrible (to me at least), maybe just set a total age difference standard, and make it the same in every state FFS! Every individual matures at a slightly different rate, and I think it's high time the law takes that into account, and at the very least be a little more lenient with a 24 year old who is incredibly tempted to snatch up an incredibly smart and fairly hot 17 year old while she happened to be single. He never had another opportunity btw, despite several attempts.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes MustangManda's post
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM
(02-03-2016 07:43 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I feel the need to chime in with an anecdote from the female perspective here, since I wholeheartedly disagree with a double-standard, and it's about time for men to stop presuming they know what's best for womens' bodies without their input.

At 14 I wanted to be sexually active, so I went on birth control and lost my virginity with a 16 year old. He was an immature ass, and I steadily went for older guys after that, until at 17 I started dating a 24 year old who lied about his age to me (told me he was 21). Looking back, I understand why he did it, and why his parents forced him to break up with me when they found out how old I was (we secretly kept dating for a while after that though). He still insisted many years later that he loved me and maybe he did, and maybe I loved him back too. We'll never know though since society has arbitrarily decided to make that urge to date a 17 year old a crime punishable by jail time (in most US states at least), despite my full-hearted and well-reasoned consent that was given. The idea that my parents could have put him in jail frankly is just infuriating to me (they also thought he was 21 and they were uneasy but OK with that). I behaved like a responsible adult and am no worse the wear for it. He was a good guy otherwise, and sometimes I still wonder what could have been. After all, my grandfather also lied to my grandmother about his age, she didn't find out his real age until they signed the marriage cert, and they were happily married 60+ years until death did them part. In any case, societal (religious?) propriety has made it so extreme punishment is the result of some genuine consenting relationships. Human brains don't fully mature until about 25 anyhow, so I'm sure my 24 year old boyfriend couldn't have possibly grasped the potential life-ruining decisions he was making by choosing to date me. And THIS is the problem.

I would definitely support moving to a system like Canada's where there are reasonable age groups with some overlap. Obviously a 14 year old with a 25 year old is probably a bad idea, but 14&17-18, or 16-17&24 doesn't seem too terrible (to me at least), maybe just set a total age difference standard, and make it the same in every state FFS! Every individual matures at a slightly different rate, and I think it's high time the law takes that into account, and at the very least be a little more lenient with a 24 year old who is incredibly tempted to snatch up an incredibly smart and fairly hot 17 year old while she happened to be single. He never had another opportunity btw, despite several attempts.

As mentionned in my previous post (post 43 I think). Many country have the following system.

14 to 17 = legal.
16 to 24 = legal.
18+ = legal.

I personnaly think its a pretty damn good one and limit risk with very little sacrifices.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
02-03-2016, 08:25 PM
(02-03-2016 07:59 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 07:43 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  I feel the need to chime in with an anecdote from the female perspective here, since I wholeheartedly disagree with a double-standard, and it's about time for men to stop presuming they know what's best for womens' bodies without their input.

As mentionned in my previous post (post 43 I think). Many country have the following system.

14 to 17 = legal.
16 to 24 = legal.
18+ = legal.

I personnaly think its a pretty damn good one and limit risk with very little sacrifices.

Mine would be a bit different based on the high risk of a life long commitment to child rearing.

15 + 2 = 17
16 + 3 = 19
17 + 4 = 21

Any gender. I don't have a sexist bias to favor girls or boys.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]