teacher arressted for statutory rape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 11:22 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2016 06:18 AM by Chas.)
RE: teacher arressted for statutory rape
(02-03-2016 02:42 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Chas

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fantasm

Is this one better, unless you prefer this one

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fantasm

As for exemple of boys having poor experience with sexual experiences here are some links you might want to investigate

http://www.ptsd.va.gov/public/family/pts...scents.asp
http://www.apa.org/pi/families/resources...pdate.aspx

And what do those have to do with consensual sex?

Quote:About symptome of distress and their most common cause

http://www.unh.edu/ccrc/pdf/CV150.pdf

about concequences of love/sexual relationship with adult women (page 308 to get to the juicier part). It can get murky quickly as you will notice. On a personal note, I would not trust that sort of women with a teenager.

That link did not work.
Edit: It now works. Consider

Look at Section 3.3:
3.3. Adolescent male/adult female sexual relationships
Relationships between adolescent males and adult females are the statutory relationships most likely to be viewed
by youth and society as sexual initiation rather than sexual exploitation (Bolton, Morris, & MacEachron, 1989; Fritz,
Stoll, & Wagner, 1981; West & Woodhouse, 1990). According to the law, however, they are considered statutory
rape. Estimates for the incidence of these types of statutory relationships suggest that around 5% of men report that
they had a consensual sexual relationship as an adolescent with an adult woman (Condy, Templer, Brown, & Veaco,
1987; Fromuth & Burkhart, 1987; King, Nurcombe, Bickman, Hides, & Reid, 2003; Manlove et al., 2005). In
the majority of these relationships, multiple sexual encounters occur, and the encounters usually include oral or
vaginal sex.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 12:11 AM
Insofar as men and women are different, I don't think double standards are inherently wrong.

But a society in which adult women are legally having sex with teens, but adult men are going to jail for doing the same, would certainly notice strained relations between adult men and adult women, since adult women would have a much larger mating pool and in the eyes of adult men be given unfair privilege. This society seems like a perversion of morality.
Find all posts by this user
03-03-2016, 12:38 AM
(02-03-2016 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  ...
My argument is more accurately that the law should not be cut-and-dried.
Do you really think there is the likelihood of harm to a 15 year-old boy from being introduced to sex by a 25 year-old woman? I don't.

So, just checking, for no particular reason, nearly 17 and 34 would be OK, right?

Blush

03-03-2016, 12:58 AM
(03-03-2016 12:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
Do you really think there is the likelihood of harm to a 15 year-old boy from being introduced to sex by a 25 year-old woman? I don't.

So, just checking, for no particular reason, nearly 17 and 34 would be OK, right?

Blush

^
[Image: God-Dammit-I-am-a-pervert-meme-4978.jpg]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2016, 01:33 AM
Whenever I see stories like this, I remember two things:

One, that half my relationships were technically illegal. When I was 14, I was with a 17 year old guy. Next year he was an adult and I was illegal. Then, at 17, I was with a guy who was 21. I mean, I can't help but think that these laws can be kinda weird at times.

Two, that stories about teacher-student affairs were everywhere when I was at school and they were considered somewhat normal. Yeah, all girls had a crush on that certain teacher, as did boys on a female teacher. Some girls actually flirted and even intended or planned to have sex with teachers (in their minds that is, because most teachers of course did not give in).

What I'm trying to say here is that, as horrible a person as this may make me, some teachers do need to resist temptations all the time and 16 or 17 year old girls are almost grown women, at least physically, so I wouldn't be surprised if in many cases the teacher is not actually some perverted pedophile planning to take advantage of a child. I do realize however that schools don't work that way and there's a reason these affairs are not permitted.

That said, my grandma and grandpa met and fell in love when she was 16-17 and he was 31-32. I never doubted for a second that he actually loved her.

What is it that makes 18 the magic number? Are you suddenly wiser or more mature in one day?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
03-03-2016, 02:23 AM
(03-03-2016 01:33 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What is it that makes 18 the magic number? Are you suddenly wiser or more mature in one day?

It's law. Law requires some kind of defined point. Otherwise cases get complicated and expensive really quickly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
03-03-2016, 06:13 AM
(03-03-2016 12:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

Blush

Yes.

03-03-2016, 06:19 AM
(03-03-2016 12:11 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Insofar as men and women are different, I don't think double standards are inherently wrong.

But a society in which adult women are legally having sex with teens, but adult men are going to jail for doing the same, would certainly notice strained relations between adult men and adult women, since adult women would have a much larger mating pool and in the eyes of adult men be given unfair privilege. This society seems like a perversion of morality.

Whose morality?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-03-2016, 07:04 AM
(03-03-2016 02:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 01:33 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  What is it that makes 18 the magic number? Are you suddenly wiser or more mature in one day?

It's law. Law requires some kind of defined point. Otherwise cases get complicated and expensive really quickly.

I know, I know. I'm just saying, what is it about 18 (or any other age limit) that the particular laws are so fond of.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
03-03-2016, 07:08 AM
(03-03-2016 06:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 12:11 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Insofar as men and women are different, I don't think double standards are inherently wrong.

Whose morality?

Why, the morality of those in charge. In the USA it is illegal to have sex with someone under 18 if you are over 18. In certain muslim countries, it is legal and expected that you marry a girl under 18 if you are a 50 year old man. It is becoming more rare because of pressure from the USA, but it still exists and is considered moral in those countries. Why is that? It is because those in control, see it as moral. Who is correct? In my view, everyone sees themselves as correct and in a way everyone is. I hope I am explaining myself correctly. Imagine we have a massive die off, due to a plague or we are attacked by something from deep space. We would have to adjust the legal or (moral) age for sex, because we would want to continue our species. So, it might be that if you pass the age of say 13 or 14 and you have not had at least one baby yet, you might be looked down on. If this were the case, does that mean the people having kids with those 13 or 14 year olds are sick? NO. We just make up the rules based on the living conditions. We are over populated right now. Eventually we might see further restrictions on age and even a set number of kids (1 or 2) and no more.