teacher arressted for statutory rape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 03:51 PM
RE: teacher arressted for statutory rape
(01-03-2016 02:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 02:24 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't think his post drew any conclusion, only presented another possibility which was plausible given the available information at the time. If you don't think that his scenario ever has happened before....... And I would hardly call it victim blaming if she was a willing participant which the article clearly said she was.

The comparison clearly stated, without any sort of proof or hint, that the girl was maliciously blackmailing her teacher which is a crime and a serious accusation. You can doubt of the guilt of the man, but this is acusing a potential victim of being a criminal and not just wrong or mistaken. You could have suggested that the parents pressured their child to complain after the teacher made some gesture that could be interpreted as innapropriate in a certain setting or dozen of other scenarios that involves the teacher being innocent of statutory rape and that don't necessarly involves a criminal con from a teenager. To me choosing this specific hypothesis over all the other ones shows the clear intent of the person to transform the potential victim into a potential criminal despite the fact that other scenarios innocenting the teacher are more plausible purely for statistical reason (AKA without any knowledge of the case). This is a form victim blamming or more precisely a form of victim denying. That's why instead of throwing wild accusation at people who claim to have been victim of a grave crime one should, one should study a bit the case and measure your word because they have weigth even on internet forums.

On another note, any 30 years old adult in position of power, with authority and trust can bed a 16 years old girl with minimum effort. That's why its called statutory rape. The victim is manipulated by an adult with more knowledge, power and authority to have sex . It is disgusting to even consider this as concentment. It's litteraly the same thing than a fraud except its not money or goods that's stolen but sexual services.

Thanks, perfect reply and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Smile

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 04:57 PM
(29-02-2016 06:20 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(29-02-2016 05:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  Marylou who?

Mary Kay Letourneau

sorry, my bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Kay_Letourneau

Actually she was very pretty before all the crazy crap happened with the 14 year old boy.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
01-03-2016, 05:05 PM
(01-03-2016 02:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  On another note, any 30 years old adult in position of power, with authority and trust can bed a 16 years old girl with minimum effort. That's why its called statutory rape.

In the US 16yo is the age of consent.

#sigh
01-03-2016, 05:56 PM
(01-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 02:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  On another note, any 30 years old adult in position of power, with authority and trust can bed a 16 years old girl with minimum effort. That's why its called statutory rape.

No, 16-18, state by state. Not all states are 16.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
01-03-2016, 06:28 PM
(01-03-2016 05:56 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In the US 16yo is the age of consent.

No, 16-18, state by state. Not all states are 16.

Most are.

#sigh
01-03-2016, 07:26 PM
(01-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Teacher-student relationship are strictly forbidden and illegal for reasons mentionned in my previous post even if the student is 16 years old.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
01-03-2016, 08:13 PM
(01-03-2016 07:26 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 05:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  In the US 16yo is the age of consent.

Teacher-student relationship are strictly forbidden and illegal for reasons mentionned in my previous post even if the student is 16 years old.

I agree. But in the Peoples Republic of Maryland it's not statutory rape if she or he are 16 yo.

#sigh
01-03-2016, 08:17 PM
(01-03-2016 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 07:26 PM)epronovost Wrote:  Teacher-student relationship are strictly forbidden and illegal for reasons mentionned in my previous post even if the student is 16 years old.

I agree. But it's not statutory rape.

Depending on the writting or your interpretation of this, yes it can be statutory rape (obviously it's the case in this situation).

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
01-03-2016, 11:20 PM
Isn't this behavior perfectly acceptable in that ol holy book of theirs?
01-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Well, I'm going to voice an apparently minority opinion or two.

First, that I don't think that a sexual relationship between a teenage boy and an adult woman should be illegal.
Do you really think that coercion by the woman is necessary? Do you really believe that there is harm being done?

Also, it should not be a crime for two teenagers to have a sexual relationship.

I also believe that the laws regarding teenage girl/adult man should remain as is.
Yes, there should be a 'double standard'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user