teacher arressted for statutory rape

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 12:32 PM
RE: teacher arressted for statutory rape
@Chas

Allow me to use one of you favorites. You believe that teenager boys are having much less chances of trauma and other problems with having sex and love relationship with a women at the very least 8 years older than they are compared to girls based on what evidence or what foundation?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
(02-03-2016 12:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:21 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Is it not possible for a teenage female to consent with an adult? One sex's brain isn't significantly different compared to the other. How can one be legit while the other is creepy and sleazy?

Please do not put words in my mouth.

Citation needed. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-03-2016, 12:35 PM
(02-03-2016 12:33 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please do not put words in my mouth.

Citation needed. Big Grin

I never said "creepy and sleazy". Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2016, 12:46 PM
(02-03-2016 12:32 PM)epronovost Wrote:  @Chas

Allow me to use one of you favorites. You believe that teenager boys are having much less chances of trauma and other problems with having sex and love relationship with a women at the very least 8 years older than they are compared to girls based on what evidence or what foundation?

Believe it or not, I was once a teenage boy and I had substantial experience with teenage girls.
So I base this on my knowledge and experience of the human condition, the history of mankind, the history of our society.

When I was 13 years old in 8th grade, I had a really attractive Latin teacher and I would have been ecstatic to have been introduced to sex by her.
While not all my friends felt the same way about her, they all pretty much agreed with the concept or had their own older woman in mind.
No coercion, no manipulation, no dishonesty required - and no downside.

02-03-2016, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 01:03 PM by epronovost.)
(02-03-2016 12:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Believe it or not, I was once a teenage boy and I had substantial experience with teenage girls.
So I base this on my knowledge and experience of the human condition, the history of mankind, the history of our society.

When I was 13 years old in 8th grade, I had a really attractive Latin teacher and I would have been ecstatic to have been introduced to sex by her.
While not all my friends felt the same way about her, they all pretty much agreed with the concept or had their own older woman in mind.

Annecdotal evidence based on an assumption you made at 13 aren't valid evidence and you know it.

When I was 13 years old I also had this fantasm (music teacher thought) and some of my female students also had that fantasm about me. I found out by intercepting messages in class (yeah I thought it was weird too). The problem with fantasm is that realising them is frenquently not nearly as fun as it seems. It appears to me, so far, that your position is based mostly on sexual stereotypes and a little bit of prejudice here and there.

[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
02-03-2016, 12:55 PM
(02-03-2016 12:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:19 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You stated this: "I also believe that the laws regarding teenage girl/adult man should remain as is. Yes, there should be a 'double standard'. "

So either it's consensual for teenage boy and girls or it isn't. Their gender does not determine consent. Why would you think it is different for different gender? Are you stating girls are incapable of giving consent, where boys are? Please clarify.

I am making a consequential argument. There are serious harmful consequences to a teen girl that cannot happen to a teen boy. Note, I said there should be a double standard.

Wikipedia Wrote:The original purpose of statutory rape laws was to protect young, unwed females from males who might impregnate them and not take responsibility by providing support for the child.

Many jurisdictions have either a lesser charge/penalty or none at all for small differences in age, or both being minors.

The laws against a teen boy being introduced to sex by an older woman are very new.

But that is ages old now, DNA test can prove paternity and responsibility. (I will say a wiki article written by any idiot is not particularly acceptable evidence.)

I'll also add this does not support a double standard because a boy can create a baby through the actions of an adult (manipulative or not) woman and either be held accountable or denied access to the child, which is just as damaging as being a pregnant teen girl without support, though the physical health risk is not the same.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
02-03-2016, 01:00 PM
(02-03-2016 12:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  

And as a previously hormonal teenage girl, I had several male teachers I would have loved to introduce me to sex as well. And all of my many friends had their "older man" fantasies as well.

So tell me again why you think it's okay for you to have consensual teen/adult sex and I could not?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
(02-03-2016 12:53 PM)epronovost Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Believe it or not, I was once a teenage boy and I had substantial experience with teenage girls.

Annecdotal evidence based on an assumption you made at 13 aren't valid evidence and you know it.

I am not presenting it as evidence as I have made no claim.
I am, and have been, expressing my opinion.

Quote:When I was 13 years old I also had this fantasm (music teacher thought) and some of my female students also had that fantasm about me I found out by intercepting messages in class (yeah I thought it was weird too). The problem with fantasm is that realising them is frenquently not nearly as fun as it seems.

I believe the word you want is 'fantasy'.
There is a long history of youthful males being introduced to sex by an older, more experienced woman.

Quote:It appears to me so far that your position is based mostly on sexual stereotypes and a little bit of prejudice here and there.

Prejudice? No, experience.

02-03-2016, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 01:24 PM by epronovost.)
@Chas

You did made a claim by saying that you thougth that girls would have more problems than boys with having sexual relationship with adults. You presented it as an opinion, but an opinion is based on something and in your case on nothing really solid. Thus your opinion can be dismissed as worthless unless you have better arguments to support your case. In that context fantasm and fantasy are synonymous, but its true that fantasy is more commonly used (direct translation from french, my first language. You will notice I do this frequently. I try to improve).

History is also full of teenager girls being introduced to sex by a man without any bad consequences. Considering that you have not, neither did you mentionned that you peronnaly knew someone who was introduced and had a healthy relationship with an adult women while being a teenager, you have no experience in the matter; not more than I have a war experience because I studied millitary history, applied in the army and practice martial arts. I never went to war. You never had a relationship with that teacher or an adult while you were in your teen. Thus, yes the correct term is prejudice. You assume that in those situation it would be fine, because you heard in some story that it was and you pictured yourself being fine. Is it possible? Yes I suppose it is, but in our time and our culture it's very unlikely.

02-03-2016, 01:25 PM
What's so desperately difficult about the kid waiting a few years before sticking his schlong in? I think the potential for harm from legalising it far outweighs any potential benefit. What benefit is there anyway? A kid gets his rocks off a few years earlier than he would have otherwise?

A non-sexual but loving relationship with an older woman would be perfectly fine legally speaking, I believe? So why must the older woman who may well have chosen this kid as her prey be protected in this situation if there is sex involved?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post