teachers carring guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 06:52 AM
RE: teachers carring guns
(07-02-2016 09:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There should be at least one armed person at a school, but it shouldn't be the teacher in the classroom - that seems risky.
Only in America... Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 07:10 AM
(08-02-2016 06:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 09:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There should be at least one armed person at a school, but it shouldn't be the teacher in the classroom - that seems risky.
Only in America... Laugh out load

Do you think school shootings only happen in the U.S.? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 07:23 AM
(08-02-2016 07:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Only in America... Laugh out load

Do you think school shootings only happen in the U.S.? Consider

Well they happen the most in the U.S. To the point a school shooting is sad but no surprise here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-02-2016, 07:28 AM
How come there's never a mass shooting in a gun show or gun shop????

If guns made people go off on a nut killing people, that's where you'd expect it to happen.......

But no -- it happens in the "gun free zones".....

Wonder why??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-02-2016, 07:33 AM
(08-02-2016 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 02:53 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  That is not what I meant at all. In sure you know that or at least I hope you do. Anyway yes teachers having guns seems asking for more trouble in top of what we already got.

WHY?

The whole purpose of allowing teachers to carry in the school is to thwart would-be "lone gunman" shooters from coming in and killing kids.

You prefer to just let the "lone gunman" do his job without the distraction of someone shooting his sick ass??????

Carrying a gun does NOT make a person more likely to go on a rampage and start killing people. People who go on rampages are going to carry a gun regardless of it's legality.....
Well first of all if a kid or kids especially if the are big enough they can take that gun and there will still be at least someone getting hurt or worse. Its inviting trouble not preventing it. Not to mention a scared little kid having to see a gun on every teacher and school official they come across? That's just for starters.
08-02-2016, 07:37 AM
(08-02-2016 07:33 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  WHY?

The whole purpose of allowing teachers to carry in the school is to thwart would-be "lone gunman" shooters from coming in and killing kids.

You prefer to just let the "lone gunman" do his job without the distraction of someone shooting his sick ass??????

Carrying a gun does NOT make a person more likely to go on a rampage and start killing people. People who go on rampages are going to carry a gun regardless of it's legality.....
Well first of all if a kid or kids especially if the are big enough they can take that gun and there will still be at least someone getting hurt or worse. Its inviting trouble not preventing it. Not to mention a scared little kid having to see a gun on every teacher and school official they come across? That's just for starters.

How is a kid going to take, or even see a gun that's carried concealed???

Answer - they're not.

So what you're saying is you don't really care if the kids ARE safe - just as long as they FEEL safe???

Did you know that fear is a evolved trait, with survival value? You're SUPPOSED to fear hazardous situations. Trying to eliminate that trait isn't a good idea for the survival of the species.

You want to teach kids the wrong thing -- that "guns are evil".

They're not.

Evil takes people.

And evil people disregard the "Gun Free Zone" signs....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-02-2016, 07:42 AM
(08-02-2016 05:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 02:53 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  That is not what I meant at all. In sure you know that or at least I hope you do. Anyway yes teachers having guns seems asking for more trouble in top of what we already got.

WHY?

Why should that someone "shooting his sick ass" be the teacher? I can't see that it's fair to expect teachers to put their lives on the line - they're just working a job like everyone else. Private security, paid to do it. Or *else* you pay your teachers danger pay, if the situation's really that bad. I know if it's that bad that teachers have to be armed, why the fuck would I let my child go to such a dangerous place? I'd rather they were doing drugs down at the mall.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-02-2016, 07:53 AM
I would not encourage teachers to have guns in their classroom, especially not a young teacher. I can guarantie you that if you do so, there will be children and teenager who will be threaten by those weapons. Teachers or security personnal accused of using excessive force when tackling an unruly student are rather frequent. Many teachers can also feel threaten by their own student when they try to discipline them. Thus, there would be temptation for crappy, overworked, depressed and furious teacher to use weapons in a very stupid fashion.

Furthermore, the first responsability of a teacher during a shooting or a major fire is not to fight the flames or the attacker, but to evacuate swiftly all the student and try to limit the mouvement of the killer by locking him in certain sector or limiting the spread of the flames. Not trying to kill the gunman doesn't mean you are not doing something to save lives including your own. Starting a shootout in the middle of a classroom or a corridor with a unidentified crazed gunman without communication tools, uniforms for easy identification, protective gear, little or no combat intervention training, no psychological preperation (you prepare yourself to teach in classroom not to fight for your life at a moment notice), while children and teenagers are in panic or about to do something very stupid of their own is a very fucking stupid idea. By the time a school is evacuated the police are almost certainly going to be there and will not want a bunch of amateur with no training, no uniform and no protection to help them take on a dangerous criminal with an arsenal. They would be better used trying to keep their cool or helping health services to reassure traumatised children. If you are that scared of a crazed gunman attack in your school, instead of arming teachers or security personnel (who more often than not social workers and untrained in any violent arrest technics) why don't you ask to have a police car stationned at the school at all time. They have weapons, uniforms, protective gear, radio to call for help, training and psychological preperation to act in case of danger and are a civil authority figure much more reassuring than a teacher with a gun.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
08-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Placebo solution either way. The school shootings are a symptom of the larger social problem, and neither declaring schools gun free zones nor allowing a statistically insignificant number of teachers to carry concealed at their discretion is going to change that.

Beyond that this is the same debate we've hashed out before, and how one feels depends largely on how the data looks after it's been filtered through our cultural biases.

My stance is probably no secret at this point. At the school I attended near Seattle (where not even the security guard was armed), the most heavily armed entity were the gang banger wannabes. At the homeschool coop I went to during my frequent extended stays in Alaska, pretty much all of us carried a rifle past the age of 10. In either case I saw guns regularly, and I personally felt safer when every one of them was in the hands of a trusted neighbor.

If your kids are growing up in the midst of a broken culture where they spend more time surrounded by spoiled, impoverished, disillusioned and/or neglected little shits (through no fault of their own) than they do with you or like minded, respectable people you can honestly say you trust, they're in danger regardless of gun policy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-02-2016, 09:36 AM
(08-02-2016 07:53 AM)epronovost Wrote:  I would not encourage teachers to have guns in their classroom, especially not a young teacher. I can guarantie you that if you do so, there will be children and teenager who will be threaten by those weapons. Teachers or security personnal accused of using excessive force when tackling an unruly student are rather frequent. Many teachers can also feel threaten by their own student when they try to discipline them. Thus, there would be temptation for crappy, overworked, depressed and furious teacher to use weapons in a very stupid fashion.

Furthermore, the first responsability of a teacher during a shooting or a major fire is not to fight the flames or the attacker, but to evacuate swiftly all the student and try to limit the mouvement of the killer by locking him in certain sector or limiting the spread of the flames. Not trying to kill the gunman doesn't mean you are not doing something to save lives including your own. Starting a shootout in the middle of a classroom or a corridor with a unidentified crazed gunman without communication tools, uniforms for easy identification, protective gear, little or no combat intervention training, no psychological preperation (you prepare yourself to teach in classroom not to fight for your life at a moment notice), while children and teenagers are in panic or about to do something very stupid of their own is a very fucking stupid idea. By the time a school is evacuated the police are almost certainly going to be there and will not want a bunch of amateur with no training, no uniform and no protection to help them take on a dangerous criminal with an arsenal. They would be better used trying to keep their cool or helping health services to reassure traumatised children. If you are that scared of a crazed gunman attack in your school, instead of arming teachers or security personnel (who more often than not social workers and untrained in any violent arrest technics) why don't you ask to have a police car stationned at the school at all time. They have weapons, uniforms, protective gear, radio to call for help, training and psychological preperation to act in case of danger and are a civil authority figure much more reassuring than a teacher with a gun.

You're ignoring the way things have been done in the past (lockdown and wait) -- and the way things are getting done now (storm the building immediately).

Evacuation??? WHERE??? That doesn't happen. They lock the kids in rooms and cower.... Some of these geniuses who thought this up tell the kids to "Use a book to block the bullets" --- I shit you not.....

The BEST solution (and the one rapidly becoming LEO doctrine) seems to be whacking the "lone gunman" as quickly as possible - by the first guy who has a gun. If that's a cop - great -- if it's a teacher -- equally great.....

Maybe every teacher you know has never handled a gun --- but I know SEVERAL who are ex-military or hunters - or just plain gun nuts.. (I run into them frequently at the gun shows -- so I know who they are)...

If I had a kid in the school, I'd feel FAR better knowing some of those guys tote a gun to school -- and know how to use it. ---- Rather than having some twat telling my kid to "Use a book to block the bullets"...

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post