teachers carring guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2016, 11:34 AM
RE: teachers carring guns
What kind of idiot would give guns to unqualified people? How many of those teachers have had combat gunnery courses? The result of something like is likely to be another gun for the bad guy. I used to teach men to kill people, and it wasn't easy. To give the music teacher and gun and tell her to shoot it out with a nut job is just stupid.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2016, 11:42 AM
(08-02-2016 11:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  What kind of idiot would give guns to unqualified people? How many of those teachers have had combat gunnery courses? The result of something like is likely to be another gun for the bad guy. I used to teach men to kill people, and it wasn't easy. To give the music teacher and gun and tell her to shoot it out with a nut job is just stupid.

That's a straw man argument.

From the article:
"Teachers with concealed carry licenses can carry concealed guns in these 40 districts, after they undergo extended training."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2016, 11:51 AM
(08-02-2016 11:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 11:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  What kind of idiot would give guns to unqualified people? How many of those teachers have had combat gunnery courses? The result of something like is likely to be another gun for the bad guy. I used to teach men to kill people, and it wasn't easy. To give the music teacher and gun and tell her to shoot it out with a nut job is just stupid.

From the article:
"Teachers with concealed carry licenses can carry concealed guns in these 40 districts, after they undergo extended training."

I don't care if they have a license to carry a goddamn fucking cannon. Read my previous posts.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
08-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Teachers -- not cops, or soldiers, or physicians, or lawyers, or anyone else -- have the most important job in America. They mold our children's minds and supposedly teach them critical thinking. However, we pay them shit and we should be ashamed. Pro football players and movie actors who can barely speak English and who pray to some fictional god make a thousand times more than teachers. Fucking parents and politicians tell teachers how to do their jobs and tell them what they can and cannot teach [e.g. evolution, big bang, etc.] because it messes with their religious values.

Teachers and students deserve to be as safe as we can make them. I have taught many teachers in the concealed carry course and I trust them much more than I trust most cops with handguns because most teachers have developed good judgment. However, policing the schools is not part of a teacher's job duties. We ought to have armed guards in our schools and there should be several in each school. These guards should be much better trained and much better paid than ordinary cops. Teaching them to shoot well is just one part of it. Teaching them to exercise perfect judgment is another part of it. [Given the number of bad shootings we have seen by cops in the last couple of years, I cannot believe that any sane person would want a cop guarding his/her children.]
08-02-2016, 12:06 PM
(08-02-2016 11:51 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 11:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  That's a straw man argument.

From the article:

I don't care if they have a license to carry a goddamn fucking cannon. Read my previous posts.

Chill out and read my previous posts. Dodgy

I am not advocating this, merely pointing out that G's argument is a strawman.

08-02-2016, 01:47 PM
(08-02-2016 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think teachers should have guns in the classroom, but there should be someone - principal, vice principal, guard - who is armed.

We just have cops do rotations in our schools.

#sigh
08-02-2016, 01:50 PM
(08-02-2016 11:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  From the article:

Shouldn't that read "extensive"?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-02-2016, 01:53 PM
(08-02-2016 11:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  

From the article:

Bullshit. They read some junk, they maybe show they know which end to point at the other person. That's not training, that's eyewash. Nothing in there about deciding that the person in front of you has to die so other people can live.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
08-02-2016, 02:12 PM
(08-02-2016 07:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 06:52 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Only in America... Laugh out load

Do you think school shootings only happen in the U.S.? Consider
No, but only in America could someone propose that armed guards should be stationed on school premises in response to the shootings without being laughed out of the room.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-02-2016, 02:17 PM
(08-02-2016 01:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-02-2016 10:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think teachers should have guns in the classroom, but there should be someone - principal, vice principal, guard - who is armed.

We just have cops do rotations in our schools.

That's one way to go about it. Consider

However, I think some specialized training appropriate to the school environment should probably go along with it.