teachers carring guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2016, 08:24 AM
RE: teachers carring guns
(09-02-2016 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 12:30 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  The requirements for carrying a firearm are online for each state. Which ones are you familiar with?

Why do you keep ignoring what the article actually said?
From the article:
"Teachers with concealed carry licenses can carry concealed guns in these 40 districts, after they undergo extended training."

Wasn't ignoring it, was laughing at it. I taught violence in the Navy, and I've seen a lot of civilian programs, most of which were designed to get the pistol packers killed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Okay, every classroom has a gun. Every high school class room has approx. one nut case, based on personal experience. (Yeah, sometimes me, you wanna make something of it? Evil_monster ) So now we have a handy argument resolution system. Just fucking brilliant.
09-02-2016, 10:34 PM
(09-02-2016 08:24 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you keep ignoring what the article actually said?
From the article:
"Teachers with concealed carry licenses can carry concealed guns in these 40 districts, after they undergo extended training."

Wasn't ignoring it, was laughing at it. I taught violence in the Navy, and I've seen a lot of civilian programs, most of which were designed to get the pistol packers killed.

You taught violence? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-02-2016, 10:35 PM
(09-02-2016 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Okay, every classroom has a gun. Every high school class room has approx. one nut case, based on personal experience. (Yeah, sometimes me, you wanna make something of it? Evil_monster ) So now we have a handy argument resolution system. Just fucking brilliant.

Except no one has said every classroom has a gun. So there's that. Drinking Beverage

09-02-2016, 11:54 PM
(09-02-2016 10:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Okay, every classroom has a gun. Every high school class room has approx. one nut case, based on personal experience. (Yeah, sometimes me, you wanna make something of it? Evil_monster ) So now we have a handy argument resolution system. Just fucking brilliant.

Except no one has said every classroom has a gun. So there's that. Drinking Beverage
Then what's the point in any teachers having one and what are the rules in teachers bringing their gun and how many should have one and which teachers gets ri bring their gun? Still a lot of unanswered questions and uncertainty. Can the school gaurentee that no child will be able to get a hild of any of the guns on school property?
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2016, 11:55 PM
(09-02-2016 10:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 08:24 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Wasn't ignoring it, was laughing at it. I taught violence in the Navy, and I've seen a lot of civilian programs, most of which were designed to get the pistol packers killed.

You taught violence? Consider

Is that not what the military does? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
10-02-2016, 12:08 AM
(07-02-2016 09:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-districts

I don't really like this idea at all. I'm so worried that it will cause more problem and more lost lives. I don't think thus is a good solution at all. Thoughts please.
If a teacher is in class legitimately carrying a gun then he doesn't have to go to the trouble to sneak it in, no-one has the ability to alert the police to the danger.

Only once he has started gunning down the children or other teachers, will the police start to take notice. By then, of course, it is too late. But it shouldn't happen that often. Maybe only once every 5 - 10 years.

I'm sure a full on gun freak will then say that the problem is resolved if you give all the kiddies guns as well.
10-02-2016, 01:02 AM
(09-02-2016 11:54 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 10:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  Except no one has said every classroom has a gun. So there's that. Drinking Beverage
Then what's the point in any teachers having one and what are the rules in teachers bringing their gun and how many should have one and which teachers gets ri bring their gun? Still a lot of unanswered questions and uncertainty. Can the school gaurentee that no child will be able to get a hild of any of the guns on school property?

I've already clearly stated my position that no classroom teacher be armed.
There should be someone such as a guard or administrator who is.

Had someone in the front office at Sandy Hook been armed, there would have been no dead children or teachers.

10-02-2016, 01:03 AM
(10-02-2016 12:08 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 09:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-districts

I don't really like this idea at all. I'm so worried that it will cause more problem and more lost lives. I don't think thus is a good solution at all. Thoughts please.
If a teacher is in class legitimately carrying a gun then he doesn't have to go to the trouble to sneak it in, no-one has the ability to alert the police to the danger.

Only once he has started gunning down the children or other teachers, will the police start to take notice. By then, of course, it is too late. But it shouldn't happen that often. Maybe only once every 5 - 10 years.

I'm sure a full on gun freak will then say that the problem is resolved if you give all the kiddies guns as well.

I doubt such a 'full on gun freak' exists except in your imagination. Drinking Beverage

10-02-2016, 01:06 AM
(10-02-2016 01:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Had someone in the front office at Sandy Hook been armed, there would have been no dead children or teachers.

Or if America was not so rife with guns......

A man said to me earlier something about American gun laws and how they get uber patriotic.

I responded "Patriotism is the last vestige of a scoundrel."

I was just showing off how well read I am. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.