teachers carring guns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2016, 02:03 AM
RE: teachers carring guns
(09-02-2016 11:55 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 10:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  You taught violence? Consider

Is that not what the military does? Consider

I taught troops to kill people and break things. It's what we do. Well, and things like being the first outside humanitarian aid into Tokyo after the Great Kanto Plain Earthquake of 1923. But you rarely hear about that part, so violence gets first billing.

And by "violence" I mean I taught troops how to win close-combat fights. Utterly violent usually does the trick.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2016, 02:05 AM
(09-02-2016 10:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2016 08:25 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Okay, every classroom has a gun. Every high school class room has approx. one nut case, based on personal experience. (Yeah, sometimes me, you wanna make something of it? Evil_monster ) So now we have a handy argument resolution system. Just fucking brilliant.

Except no one has said every classroom has a gun. So there's that. Drinking Beverage
That's the stated goal I've heard around here, so there's a faction who favor that. "Ideally", a lot of them say. Some "ideal." Blink
10-02-2016, 06:11 AM
(10-02-2016 01:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 12:08 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If a teacher is in class legitimately carrying a gun then he doesn't have to go to the trouble to sneak it in, no-one has the ability to alert the police to the danger.

Only once he has started gunning down the children or other teachers, will the police start to take notice. By then, of course, it is too late. But it shouldn't happen that often. Maybe only once every 5 - 10 years.

I'm sure a full on gun freak will then say that the problem is resolved if you give all the kiddies guns as well.

I doubt such a 'full on gun freak' exists except in your imagination. Drinking Beverage

I could see myself making an argument to support arming all the children and placing their desks at strategic locations to ensure maximum coverage of all entrances, but mostly because I'm a sarcastic smartass with a dark sense of humour.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
10-02-2016, 07:31 AM
(10-02-2016 06:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:03 AM)Chas Wrote:  I doubt such a 'full on gun freak' exists except in your imagination. Drinking Beverage

I could see myself making an argument to support arming all the children and placing their desks at strategic locations to ensure maximum coverage of all entrances, but mostly because I'm a sarcastic smartass with a dark sense of humour.

And you appreciate good covering fire..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-02-2016, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2016 09:32 AM by Chas.)
(10-02-2016 01:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Had someone in the front office at Sandy Hook been armed, there would have been no dead children or teachers.

Or if America was not so rife with guns......

Sure, but the reality is that it is 'rife with guns'. That is the reality we must address, not some ideal state.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-02-2016, 08:11 AM
(10-02-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Or if America was not so rife with guns......

A man said to me earlier something about American gun laws and how they get uber patriotic.

I responded "Patriotism is the last vestige of a scoundrel."

I was just showing off how well read I am. Wink

Sure, but the reality is that it is 'rife with guns'. That is the reality we must address, not some ideal state.

And there appears to be a solid resistance to any thought of making it *less* rife with guns.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-02-2016, 08:37 AM
(10-02-2016 08:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Sure, but the reality is that it is 'rife with guns'. That is the reality we must address, not some ideal state.

And there appears to be a solid resistance to any thought of making it *less* rife with guns.

Yes, there does.
Part of that resistance comes from the reaction to proposals that don't solve anything but only cost people time, trouble, and expense.

The root causes for violence remain largely unaddressed while effort is frittered away on largely useless approaches.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
10-02-2016, 08:46 AM
(10-02-2016 01:06 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-02-2016 01:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Had someone in the front office at Sandy Hook been armed, there would have been no dead children or teachers.

Or if America was not so rife with guns......

A man said to me earlier something about American gun laws and how they get uber patriotic.

I responded "Patriotism is the last vestige of a scoundrel."

I was just showing off how well read I am. Wink

Then you'd know it's "last refuge", not "last vestige". Smartass
10-02-2016, 09:15 AM
(07-02-2016 09:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-districts

I don't really like this idea at all. I'm so worried that it will cause more problem and more lost lives. I don't think thus is a good solution at all. Thoughts please.

My mom is a retired teacher, and she knew lots of nuts in her career she would not trust with a gun.

Even if you could trust everyone with a gun, it is still ultimately teaching kids to live in a police state. I think this bullshit attitude of "arming everyone" is a cure is fucking Orwellian.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-02-2016, 09:26 AM
(10-02-2016 09:15 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 09:07 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/...-districts

I don't really like this idea at all. I'm so worried that it will cause more problem and more lost lives. I don't think thus is a good solution at all. Thoughts please.

My mom is a retired teacher, and she knew lots of nuts in her career she would not trust with a gun.

Even if you could trust everyone with a gun, it is still ultimately teaching kids to live in a police state. I think this bullshit attitude of "arming everyone" is a cure is fucking Orwellian.

Odd -- I always thought that only the government having guns was Orwellian....

I don't recall anyone in 1984 owning a gun....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post