techie-too-far?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 11:00 AM
techie-too-far?
Has technology gone far enough in certain areas? Will we ALL get guest spots in the movie WallE soon? Really a fork that tells us how we're doing?

http://on.aol.com/video/smart-fork-hopes...=webmail21

Fork Dumb idea OR is it looking like we need such things?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:29 AM
RE: techie-too-far?
apparently that video is too offensive for Australian audiences.:
guessing this is the same thing
http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/cairns...6793702389

pointless idea as when you want to overeat you just use a different fork.

I spend so much time with the Oculus rift that i think the virtual world will be inevitable for a certain percentage of the population who don't care to be physically present in the world. 50/50 for me Smile by and large Wink

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
04-01-2014, 12:59 PM
Tech that's genuinely useful (or just cool - smartphones!) can go as far as it wants as long as it doesn't start enforcing 1984 style dystopia on us all.... or create robots with the capacity to take over the world *shudder*

Stuff like talking forks, annoying music toothbrushes and other things that's really just pointless...... really, it's just a way to rinse money out of people stupid enough to buy the buggers.

I hope toy makers get to the point where they can create Teddy from A.I. Big Grin

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 1 user Likes SpaceMonkey's post
04-01-2014, 02:20 PM
So anyone other than me think that this fork that prevents over-eating is just stupid?

04-01-2014, 02:36 PM
I still think it's stupid Tongue

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 1 user Likes SpaceMonkey's post
04-01-2014, 05:28 PM
(04-01-2014 02:36 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  I still think it's stupid Tongue

Yep stupid, what else qualifies as too far?

04-01-2014, 07:02 PM
(04-01-2014 12:59 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Tech that's genuinely useful (or just cool - smartphones!) can go as far as it wants as long as it doesn't start enforcing 1984 style dystopia on us all....

Yeah, like that ain't gonna happen. Dodgy Girly ain't never even carried a cellphone let alone a smartphone. Might as well implant an RFID and GPS chip in your ass saying "Look at me NSA! Look at me FBI!"

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-01-2014, 07:08 PM
(04-01-2014 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 12:59 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Tech that's genuinely useful (or just cool - smartphones!) can go as far as it wants as long as it doesn't start enforcing 1984 style dystopia on us all....

Yeah, like that ain't gonna happen. Dodgy Girly ain't never even carried a cellphone let alone a smartphone. Might as well implant an RFID and GPS chip in your ass saying "Look at me NSA! Look at me FBI!"

You work for a weapons lab you have a cia tail everywhere you go. Like a smartphone is gonna add anymore to your fbi file.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
(04-01-2014 02:20 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  So anyone other than me think that this fork that prevents over-eating is just stupid?

I just saw a clip from wall-e. No talking fork...
04-01-2014, 07:58 PM
(04-01-2014 07:08 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 07:02 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yeah, like that ain't gonna happen. Dodgy Girly ain't never even carried a cellphone let alone a smartphone. Might as well implant an RFID and GPS chip in your ass saying "Look at me NSA! Look at me FBI!"

You work for a weapons lab you have a cia tail everywhere you go. Like a smartphone is gonna add anymore to your fbi file.

That tail is easy enough to beat. I just don't go anywhere. Live a 1/2 mile from work and I'm either there or here. They gotta be bored by now after a couple of decades of this shit. ... But on the flipside, I really don't feel like going anywhere. Learned helplessness for the win-win. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.