tell me how to support atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-07-2011, 06:01 PM
RE: tell me how to support atheism
@attalheaven your bravery is an example to the rest of us.

I would love to hear more about your daily life...what do you say to your family and friends? Do you 'pretend' to pray etc? Do you still attend a temple?

That's the kind of thing I think people would be fascinated to hear about on a blog. If you're brave enough to do it, I'm sure that there are thousands of Muslims who are struggling with how to escape from their faith and your words could really help them. As ither posters have said, keep it anonymous and don't take any risks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Actually, it would also be very good for people who struggle with belief and unbelief in Christian countries to know that people in Muslim countries are having the exact same thoughts and probems. And vice versa. Let's make the world a little smaller and a little freer.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
24-07-2011, 08:40 PM
First off, welcome to the forum!

I am always happy to hear stories like yours. It gives me some hope that conversations and questions with believers are not all for nothing.

I think a good (and safe) approach to take is to consider what kinds of questions that others asked of you and that you asked of yourself that lead you to doubt your faith. Then, ask these types of questions to others whom you know will not object to you asking them. Perhaps, out of the many that you question, one or two will start down the same path you took and thank you for it later.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
25-07-2011, 02:20 AM

I really thank you all for supports, I didnt know I (and atheism) will be supported like this! Im working on things that I need for a good start. I will keep you guys informed of what im doing/going to do.
Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2011, 10:54 AM
(23-07-2011 08:59 PM)atralheaven Wrote:  but I bilive Islam has so many bugs, there are so many stupid things in quran, the book of Islam that they say its from allah, the god of islam.
The fact that Islam is false doesn't necessarily mean that atheism is the truth. Have you investigated other religions, such as Christianity? Here is a good place to find out more about Christianity:

http://www.sat7pars.com/

The information in ancient libraries came from real minds of real people. The far more complex information in cells came from the far more intelligent mind of God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 11:08 AM
(25-07-2011 10:54 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(23-07-2011 08:59 PM)atralheaven Wrote:  but I bilive Islam has so many bugs, there are so many stupid things in quran, the book of Islam that they say its from allah, the god of islam.
The fact that Islam is false doesn't necessarily mean that atheism is the truth. Have you investigated other religions, such as Christianity? Here is a good place to find out more about Christianity:

http://www.sat7pars.com/

Not to be a dick but... "The fact that Islam is false" is an assumptive statement. If you cant actually prove Islam is false then don't say it is a fact. It's no more a fact that Islam is false than it is to say Christianity is true, both statements have not been proven enough to count either out. The best we can say is that the bible is bullshit because many statements throughout are easily proven false. I agree with investigating other religions, but with a more skeptical approach I think than what you meant Theo.
Anyway don't want to start a debate here. It's been done before on other threads so let's leave it at that and now back to the regularly scheduled programming. Tongue

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Man, watch out what you write and where. Islamic countries have strange laws and you should keep to those laws if don't want to be prosecuted, but you know that already. If you open some "secret" blog or start preaching around your atheism, they could easily track your IP address and come knocking on your door. Also, you must be careful who you try to "convert", because the police can easily come knocking... You get the picture. I think the best start for you should be this forum, to see what topics we all discuss here and how. You can learn a lot just from these guys who have been here for years, it will make it much easier for you to become active in the future. What I mean is take your time, don't rush, don't make something in a hurry. Plan, develop, evolve your idea, then start presenting it. Also, you have to learn how to mask your IP address and use proxies if you don't want police knocking...

That was my security side talking.

Congratulations on breaking the bonds of religion and special congrats for doing it in the environment like yours. I think of you as a person who has trouble walking, because of the huge balls hanging between your legs... *Ckling, ckling* would be the sound when you walk, couse those balls are made of steel. Hey, wait a minute, aren't you ... No, it can't be... Chuck? Chuck Norris??

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
26-07-2011, 02:22 AM
I appreciate your courage Big Grin
In my home country, there was this debate on whether the word "Allah" can be used by other religions as one Catholic newspaper was persecuted for using the word "Allah" in it's publications. After the Islamic court ruled the Catholic newspaper not guilty, there was a series of bombings carried out against various churches and even a temple. The funniest part is that all the churches bombed are not Catholic churches. Religion... I don't know what to say.

Religious wars are just people fighting to see who has the best imaginary friends. - (From a demotivational poster)

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
26-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey, my imaginary friend is stronger than yours!! He has Omega-beams from his eyes and can manipulate Power Cosmic... Ha, try and beat that, you punny heretic...

Smile

Now back to the subject... When did it became forbidden to use the word Allah if you are not a Muslim? How else are we suppose to call that God? "Some-God-Muslims-worship-but-we-can-not-name"? What, they are going to ban the words like Muslim, Islam and Mohamed as well? My brains hurt soooo much...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
27-07-2011, 09:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_v._The_Herald

Here's the court case Smile
Some people are just... nevermind.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ