terrible creationist context droping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2016, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2016 11:19 PM by Dracomalice.)
terrible creationist context droping
It's a common fact creationists love to misquote people or take them out of context to bolster their weak points but by far the one the irks me is this one

, 'if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms'

The always quote this part but never his solutions and certainly avoid like the plague any modern explanations .And of course they have literally no definition of what's transitional or what they would expect if it existed so they really have no business judging .

but even leaving out darwin we all know

1. Every fossils transitional because it's a snap shot of a population in geological time

2.Most things will never fossilize they will rot away without a trace because fossils are rare period

3. Geology is a fossils worst enemy even if persevered the fossils not safe from good old nature and most have probably been destroyed

4. Even if incomplete the record is more the complete enough to infer transitions happen

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2016, 11:30 PM
RE: terrible creationist context droping
It infuriates me, too, when they do that... especially when you can read the full context right there, in the same paragraph from which they snipped it. It's intensely disrespectful to the hard work and careful thought of real scientists.

It's why we so often scold them with, "Lying for Jesus is still lying."

What's hilarious about it is that these same people will FLIP OUT if you quote the Bible out of context.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
30-05-2016, 12:12 AM
What's so hard to understand about evolution?

In the beginning was the word.

The word was given form. This is called Abiblegenesis.

Bits and pieces of the word were fossilized and some fragments have been found.

Here's the earliest known fossil:

[Image: p52_john_rylands_manuscript_fragment.jpg]

Here are some transitional fossils:

[Image: Old-Bibles-on-shelf.jpg]

Then there was the flood and all was destroyed except a few archaic kinds, the ancestors of which we see today:

[Image: 20140321_120948.jpg]

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
30-05-2016, 12:24 AM
They play too much rock-paper-scissors, they obviously believe paper beats stone.

Reality, of course, begs to differ.
30-05-2016, 02:17 AM
I've had a creationist quote mine a Stephen May Gould quote that Gould knew in advance was going to be quote mined and states this in the quote. This example is even referred to in a Wikipedia article on quote mining and yet the idiot creationist still tried to misquote it.

The same idiot then misquoted a Wikipedia article about observed evolution - he even provided a link to the article - and apparently failed to see the irony of linking to a source that could immediately be fact-checked.

Truly stupidity is strong in creatards.

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
30-05-2016, 06:38 AM
(29-05-2016 11:05 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  It's a common fact creationists love to misquote people or take them out of context to bolster their weak points but by far the one the irks me is this one

, 'if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms'

The always quote this part but never his solutions and certainly avoid like the plague any modern explanations .And of course they have literally no definition of what's transitional or what they would expect if it existed so they really have no business judging .

1. Every fossils transitional because it's a snap shot of a population in geological time

2.Most things will never fossilize they will rot away without a trace because fossils are rare period

3. Geology is a fossils worst enemy even if persevered the fossils not safe from good old nature and most have probably been destroyed

4. Even if incomplete the record is more the complete enough to infer transitions happen

You should have been here for the IDiot Godexists, he made an entire website dedicated to his ID nonsense then proceeded to post almost the entire site in this forum.
I called him out on his quote mining, Rocket Surgeon did as well, he got burned on his own nonsense, then proceeded to embarrass himself further until he got banned.

There's a fundamental flaw in all ID'ers arguments, well there's numerous flaws actually, but they posit a god that is not specific and their version of god is a bio-terrorist. God is busy altering all of these viruses and bacteria to kill as much life as possible after we find vaccines for various diseases.

Enjoy the train wreck of Godexists, this is where rationality dies:

All cellular functions are irreducibly complex.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 6 users Like TheInquisition's post
02-06-2016, 01:07 PM
(29-05-2016 11:05 PM)Dracomalice Wrote:  It's a common fact creationists love to misquote people or take them out of context to bolster their weak points but by far the one the irks me is this one

You are right of course, but the creationist is not about getting to the truth. He is out to protect his confessional investment. I no longer consider the topic of evolution vs. creation debatable.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick