thank you all, i'm still pushing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2014, 09:54 PM
thank you all, i'm still pushing
man, these past four weeks have been really rough. I'm just really glad I've had you guys to chime in.

though it's been rough, it's been enlightening and strengthening.

Throught battling and dealing with a ressurgance of imberable major depression, suicidal ideation, and general anxiety...my mind is finally becoming berable.

after a couple calls with a couple mental health professionals and my therapist appointment on the twentieth, I think I will be alright.

I think it is time to become a whole lot more proactive. I'll be jumping into the great abyss of the unknown. I have to out myself out there, spend some money, and try to make some physical friends. the idea is scary. so for Monday I have a series of goals to achieve to improve my hermit and isolated lifestyle:

1) get a transfer at work to get a location closer to home
2) join the fighting gym I have always wanted to
3) call NAMI and really get serious about voulenteering
4) get involved with the secular community down here
5) find meet up groups for music/piano, writing, and recreation.

all I do is work. it's time I live a full and rich life

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like elconquistador's post
10-05-2014, 09:56 PM
RE: thank you all, i'm still pushing
Nothing will change if you don't take that first step. Good for you for having a plan.

Feel better soon.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-05-2014, 11:03 PM
(10-05-2014 09:54 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  man, these past four weeks have been really rough. I'm just really glad I've had you guys to chime in.

though it's been rough, it's been enlightening and strengthening.

Throught battling and dealing with a ressurgance of imberable major depression, suicidal ideation, and general anxiety...my mind is finally becoming berable.

after a couple calls with a couple mental health professionals and my therapist appointment on the twentieth, I think I will be alright.

I think it is time to become a whole lot more proactive. I'll be jumping into the great abyss of the unknown. I have to out myself out there, spend some money, and try to make some physical friends. the idea is scary. so for Monday I have a series of goals to achieve to improve my hermit and isolated lifestyle:

1) get a transfer at work to get a location closer to home
2) join the fighting gym I have always wanted to
3) call NAMI and really get serious about voulenteering
4) get involved with the secular community down here
5) find meet up groups for music/piano, writing, and recreation.

all I do is work. it's time I live a full and rich life

I second what Anj said, looks like you've got a good plan. Good for you for putting yourself out there and getting involved in your community. Don't get discouraged, just keep truckin'.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
10-05-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm so happy for you!! Hug I'm glad you're taking proactive steps. Really warms my heart truly. Keep us posted Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-05-2014, 11:33 PM
It might be scary but you'll be alive like you've never been. Wink
If you become overwhelmed, just step back, take a breathe and relax into it. All that will happen is ... you will live.

Those are a lot of goals!
It might seem like you are going slow at first but that's ok - make sure you are comfortable with what's going on every step of the way.

Heart Eat well, sleep well, and keep fit. Flex

Thumbsup Update us when you get the chance.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
(10-05-2014 11:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Those are a lot of goals!

Just some thoughts - if it was me I'd take it one step at a time. I suggest make a checklist and check off each goal as you attain it. E.g.

[ ] Get work transfer
[ ] Join gym
[ ] Go to gym this week

etc. This will allow you to feel satisfaction at the amount you have already achieved and give you confidence that you can do the rest. Also recognize that you've got *time*, you don't have to change everything all at once. I say this 'cos to me the biggest risk is that you'll feel you failed if you make all the changes and then find it difficult to maintain the hectic pace you've set yourself.

Good luck Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-05-2014, 06:26 AM
Just wanted to let you know there is a list of secular therapists …….it *might* be on the the American Humanist website??

I would hate for you to have all these struggles just to end up in the office of a therapist that is a creationist ….ugh.

hang in there….you have a cheering section here….one day at a time.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller