that darn Muslim II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2012 01:55 PM by Observer.)
that darn Muslim II
When talking to Muhrad, my Muslim colleague and dirty-job-brother-in-arms it became apparent to him that i'm an atheist.
He said that that was good! He told me that "Mohammed said that you need to examine everything. That you don't need to believe him (Muhammad) and that you need to practice science to find the truth (I heard that before Wink ). Then Murad trusted me with facts he found in the quran where there is explained how a baby grows in the womb. "and all this in a 500 year old book" he added.

I gently asked him about what would happen if you did the sience and found out that the Quran was wrong.

That would be impossible, he said...

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post
06-04-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: that darn Muslim II
oh my! You have your hands full I see lmao!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
(06-04-2012 01:48 PM)Observer Wrote:  ... Then Murad trusted me with facts he found in the quran where there is explained how a baby grows in the womb. "and all this in a 500 year old book" he added.
I've heard this silly one before. Probably more people were familiar with the stages of growth of animals in the womb then than now - THEY WERE SHEPHERDS and HERDERS. Sheeesh - there's nothing here that they wouldn't have known in the course of caring for and slaughtering animals.

No miraculous knowledge here, folks. Move along.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM
(06-04-2012 01:48 PM)Observer Wrote:  When talking to Muhrad, my Muslim colleague and dirty-job-brother-in-arms it became apparent to him that i'm an atheist.
He said that that was good! He told me that "Mohammed said that you need to examine everything. That you don't need to believe him (Muhammad) and that you need to practice science to find the truth (I heard that before Wink ). Then Murad trusted me with facts he found in the quran where there is explained how a baby grows in the womb. "and all this in a 500 year old book" he added.

I gently asked him about what would happen if you did the sience and found out that the Quran was wrong.

Religious friends hey......nice!

I'd watch my head though if I started too much Quran knocking in the wrong places....... Angel
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
(06-04-2012 05:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 01:48 PM)Observer Wrote:  ... Then Murad trusted me with facts he found in the quran where there is explained how a baby grows in the womb. "and all this in a 500 year old book" he added.
I've heard this silly one before. Probably more people were familiar with the stages of growth of animals in the womb then than now - THEY WERE SHEPHERDS and HERDERS. Sheeesh - there's nothing here that they wouldn't have known in the course of caring for and slaughtering animals.

Not sure about that, Chas, still seems pretty miraculous to me. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
(06-04-2012 05:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Both that and "Post research text interpretation" (zacly like that Nostradamus guy)

(06-04-2012 05:39 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 01:48 PM)Observer Wrote:  When talking to Muhrad, my Muslim colleague and dirty-job-brother-in-arms it became apparent to him that i'm an atheist.

Religious friends hey......nice!

I'd watch my head though if I started too much Quran knocking in the wrong places....... Angel
But... But...
Mo wants us to research...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
07-04-2012, 12:34 AM
Of course you may not want to argue the point with your friend right now but the Quran says that the bones grow first then they're clothes in flesh, clearly wrong, and plagiarized from earlier wrong texts.

There's a video of PZ Myers discussing this with a Muslim somewhere...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4trHH6AuZ0

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
07-04-2012, 01:01 AM
(07-04-2012 12:34 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Of course you may not want to argue the point with your friend right now but the Quran says that the bones grow first then they're clothes in flesh, clearly wrong, and plagiarized from earlier wrong texts.
Then science is WRONG Unsure

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Doesn't sound peer-reviewed to me. Big Grin

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
07-04-2012, 01:07 AM
Hey Buddha, I wrote this book, care to review it for me buddy?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post