the Aïn Dara Temple has been destroyed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2018, 10:46 AM
the Aïn Dara Temple has been destroyed
http://www.lapresse.ca/international/moy...-turcs.php

Like mention in the title, a precious 3000 years old Aramean temple has been destroyed by Turkish forces in the wake of their offensive on Afrin. These ruins were exceptionnaly well preserved and at par with Palmyr in terms of preciousness. Source only in French, sorry for that. A sad day for historians like me.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like epronovost's post
28-01-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: the Aïn Dara Temple has been destroyed
(28-01-2018 10:46 AM)epronovost Wrote:  http://www.lapresse.ca/international/moy...-turcs.php

Like mention in the title, a precious 3000 years old Aramean temple has been destroyed by Turkish forces in the wake of their offensive on Afrin. These ruins were exceptionnaly well preserved and at par with Palmyr in terms of preciousness. Source only in French, sorry for that. A sad day for historians like me.

I, too, value old structures. Church or otherwise, architecture is amazing and valuable.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-01-2018, 11:04 AM
Sad Extremely sad news

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-01-2018, 11:10 AM
Savages! Angry

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
28-01-2018, 11:14 AM
I may not care for religions but I appreciate the beauty of their worship centers whether it's Buddhism, Islam, Christianity or some American Indian totem pole. I hate that opposing forces always destroy structures like this. It's been going on since Egyptian times though.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
28-01-2018, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-01-2018 11:22 AM by Rockblossom.)
And not believable as an accident, as there were no legitimate targets anywhere in the area.

Here's a report in English with before and after photos: https://voiceofpeopletoday.com/turkish-f...tos-video/

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The (4th) Doctor
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post