the Amish vs D and D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 10:03 AM
the Amish vs D and D
I was just curious. could the Amish play D and D or Fate core.... I was curious because there is no tech involved. I am pretty sure they couldn't play shadow run though.

1. Striding and swaggering rootlessness without end. The precious flow of life.
2. one should fear sweet a blood stained flower.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: the Amish vs D and D
When I was younger my famliy would take trips to Amish Country. Depending on what sect they were members of is how much they enforced certain practices. For example I went to a few home steads that had electricity. But they got their power from their river. They spend most of the time working. So play time would be very limited. I would guess that D&D and the like would probable not looked to fondly on in the community for the aspects of demons and witch craft. Their faith is their driving force, for wanting to stick to the 1800's.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
30-07-2016, 11:29 AM
you made me laugh. thanks!
30-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm with Commonsensei; I imagine when filling out the character sheets "What God do you worship" is a bit of a dealbreaker...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-10-2016, 08:18 PM
They could play D&D with fighters, rogues, traditional clerics with no spells. No magical monsters.
Just campaigns without magic.

It could still be very fun. Role play is role play.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
06-10-2016, 09:56 PM
These are people who on their rumspringa are enraptured by the seductions of rural Pennsylvania. Honestly, I don't think they can handle the awesomeness that is Dungeons & Dragons without blowing a gasket.

[Image: dungeons-dragons_L39.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2016, 09:58 PM
I interpreted that thread title very differently and had me a little genuinely curious about the Founders Effect potentially of Amish men.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson