the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: the God term
(21-04-2013 08:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:44 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  We've been over this. Atheists do not claim there is no absolute truth, only that we don't know what it is. Yet.
True Christians are saying: God is Love.
Atheists: Morality is relative. Sometimes it's okay to eat babies depending on where you're born.

I digress. It's always good to eat babies. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2013, 09:03 PM
(21-04-2013 08:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 08:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  True Christians are saying: God is Love.
Atheists: Morality is relative. Sometimes it's okay to eat babies depending on where you're born.

And atheists don't say that.
It's ALWAYS okay to eat babies, irrespective of place of origin.

Mmmmm....babiesDrooling
21-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Beat me to it.....

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
21-04-2013, 10:04 PM
(21-04-2013 09:03 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 08:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  And atheists don't say that.
It's ALWAYS okay to eat babies, irrespective of place of origin.

Mmmmm....babiesDrooling

Drooling

I think I'm going to dig out my baby catching net and go hunting tomorrow, I have a hankering for some baby back ribs.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-04-2013, 02:47 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 02:53 AM by ShirubaDangan.)

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 2 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
22-04-2013, 05:49 AM
So I'm talking to my dog right now, and I don't even have to say anything. I got a bone in my fist. Hide it behind my back, and George sits. Show him my fist, and he gives it the big paw. "Lemme in there," he says.

And I didn't have to train him with words, but communication achieved.

Which seems more like truth than talking out the side of your neck about absolute truth. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-04-2013, 06:09 AM
(21-04-2013 04:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 04:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The shallow puddle is attempting to be deep again it is outside his capabilities.
You draw the opposite conclusion. Perhaps we can save some of society by learning what is the source of self destruction.

Religion

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 06:23 AM
(21-04-2013 04:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 04:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Again under what circumstances? And am I killing the child or has he died by another cause. That of course changes the discussion.
Yes you are changing the discussion and obscuring the point of the issue. To be clear, I want to know if you would sacrifice yourself to save others rather than sacrifice others to save yourself. I want to know if that sort of empathy resides in you. Or in other words if it became a law in society to turn in all believers in God for extermination, would you comply?

What?
Dude, please oh please use the 'Preview Post" button and proofread your posts PRIOR to posting.

I am going to assume (bad idea given the source) that you meant to say:
"Or in other words if it became a law in society to turn in all believers in(to) God for extermination, would you comply?

Do you realize that in your story it will be your God who in the end murders, kills, destroys and tortures most of His own children?

Your God is a sociopathic, psychopathic, unjust, hedonistic, egotistic, self-absorbed, wrathful, envious, greedy and prideful dickwad. Luckily he is only imaginary. Unluckily people like you think he's real.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 06:36 AM

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 06:48 AM
(21-04-2013 07:13 PM)childeye Wrote:  So when I say I know Christ, I am saying I know the Spirit that would sacrifice one's self for another. So quite thinking I'm an ignorant sap just because I believe and cherish that Spirit.

Sorry for all the back-to-back posts but this is what happens when someone has to sleep sometime and there are those here who live in different time zones and continue to add pages upon pages of words and posts and...hey! We're over 100!

Okay, back to love and sacrifice and the like. For your whole scenario of Christ sacrificing Himself for us to live, childeye, it requires one teensy bitsy belief that none of us here have...that is original sin.

And that brings me to one of my favorite all-time images

[attachment=1336]