the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 06:54 AM
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 06:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 04:15 PM)childeye Wrote:  You draw the opposite conclusion. Perhaps we can save some of society by learning what is the source of self destruction.

Religion

Especially when ya hafta make your argument through eating people. Big Grin

I tried that with my Gwynnies one time, like there's just me and her, and somebody had to eat? Served up my fried leg, and she didn't look at me with love, she looked at me like, fucking nutbag. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-04-2013, 06:56 AM
(21-04-2013 07:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  That an act of Love creates more love, hence there is a SPIRIT of Love that exists and that rules as the moral imperative and therefore is an absolute Truth.

But your act of love did not lead to more love it lead to desperation, guilt, and ultimately to self destruction.

Party pooper. What if we added some honey-mustard sauce to that fine looking baby sirloin?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 07:05 AM
(22-04-2013 06:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 06:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Religion

I tried that with my Gwynnies one time, like there's just me and her, and somebody had to eat? Served up my fried leg, and she didn't look at me with love, she looked at me like, fucking nutbag. Big Grin

I can see that, hairy leg and all.
Maybe you could just have lathered yourselves in whipped cream...Drooling

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
22-04-2013, 08:59 AM
(22-04-2013 06:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But your act of love did not lead to more love it lead to desperation, guilt, and ultimately to self destruction.

Party pooper. What if we added some honey-mustard sauce to that fine looking baby sirloin?

Thats why it was such a bad thing, we were out of condiments.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-04-2013, 09:12 AM
(22-04-2013 06:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 06:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Religion

I dunno, Maybe it had something to do with how you prepared it, maybe no side dish, or maybe you're just a nutbag.
22-04-2013, 09:18 AM
(21-04-2013 07:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:36 PM)childeye Wrote:  That an act of Love creates more love, hence there is a SPIRIT of Love that exists and that rules as the moral imperative and therefore is an absolute Truth.

But your act of love did not lead to more love it lead to desperation, guilt, and ultimately to self destruction.
You are mixed up. You're confusing the scenarios. The scenario where you killed someone so as to eat led to guilt. But the scenario where I gave my life so you could live did create more love and it led to life.
22-04-2013, 09:25 AM
(22-04-2013 09:18 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 07:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  But your act of love did not lead to more love it lead to desperation, guilt, and ultimately to self destruction.
You are mixed up. You're confusing the scenarios. The scenario where you killed someone so as to eat led to guilt. But the scenario where I gave my life so you could live did create more love and it led to life.

You never described such a scenario. We had the lifeboat thing and then you changed 1 thing in it, instead of me killing you you killed yourself.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2013, 09:25 AM
(21-04-2013 08:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Let's just agree to disagree.
Sorry, I never agree to disagree. That is not logical. Evenheathen, I'm not asking anything from you. I made my point and don't want to have to make it all over again.
22-04-2013, 09:29 AM
(22-04-2013 09:25 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:18 AM)childeye Wrote:  You are mixed up. You're confusing the scenarios. The scenario where you killed someone so as to eat led to guilt. But the scenario where I gave my life so you could live did create more love and it led to life.

You never described such a scenario. We had the lifeboat thing and then you changed 1 thing in it, instead of me killing you you killed yourself.
Okay, but I'm talking to sometimes four people at once. By the way you came up with the lifeboat thing, I'm just trying to make a simple point.
22-04-2013, 10:12 AM
(22-04-2013 09:12 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 06:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Especially when ya hafta make your argument through eating people. Big Grin

I dunno, Maybe it had something to do with how you prepared it, maybe no side dish, or maybe you're just a nutbag.

A prophet's gotta be a nutbag. Just like a prophet's gotta be a atheist. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user