the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: the God term
So childeye, you still haven't addressed why we should consider listening to you when your own god says you know nothing of love, and considering according to you love = god, that's sort of something you should know about.

Answers childeye, you seem to have answers for the meaning of life yet you can't answer my simply question... huh.

Also don't be hating on Johnny, he's our nutbag to insult, not yours.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-04-2013, 10:50 AM
(22-04-2013 09:25 AM)childeye Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 08:35 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Let's just agree to disagree.
Sorry, I never agree to disagree. That is not logical. Evenheathen, I'm not asking anything from you. I made my point and don't want to have to make it all over again.

That's all you've done for 100 pages now.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 10:57 AM
(22-04-2013 10:50 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  That's all you've done for 100 pages now.

He made a point ? Huh

Oh, you refer to "Gawd is luuuurve"... and pink fluffy bunnies and fuckin' orgasms (for married men strictly and OK yes we decided women are allowed orgasms too but only under strictly controlled conditions and *never* by themselves, that's just naughty).

Hey Eye, you wank ? You must right ? How often ? Doesn't God get bleak with you ? Or do you come to some arrangement. 100 hail Marys per jerk off ? What's the going rate ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-04-2013, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 12:27 PM by childeye.)
(22-04-2013 02:47 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  You keep claiming that atheists do this or that when you should be more inclined to say that some say this or that.
Thank you for your correction. Of course you are right.
Quote: Now don't place science in quotations because it either is science or not. If not, then don't waste anyone's time because we do not learn from the experiment.
I must say this statement surprised me. You're very observant. I can appreciate your correction in this matter. I believe I did it once, maybe twice on the entire thread. However I used the term to dramatize that this was not a made up scenario for those prone to losing focus. Its even arguable what is science and what is not when discussing the makeup of human behavior.

Quote:Now fear does rule, it is a common trait among plenty of things. Through evolution we have developed fear that has helped to keep us alive. If we didn't fear punching an alligator or swimming with sharks we would have simply disappeared by now. Species with lacks of fear would die quickly and there are things in this world that could actually make you have "courage" of sorts.
Respectfully, I do not believe fear rules. There would be some circumstances I could think of where fear rules, but mostly in the absence of knowledge. Hence, someone just need know better then to punch an alligator or swim with sharks.

Quote:I could say the same thing with love. Love seems to exist for much more selfish reasons. If I help you and develop a relationship with you. That would make our survival much more sustainable especially in an unwelcoming environment.
Respectfully, the Spirit of Love I am calling God is not what you are describing here.
For example. My Father was born on a rural farm. In those days the more children, the better. So that at the age of three my Father said he remembers seeing his brothers and sisters picking potatoes so he emulated what they were doing. Once his parents saw that he could pick potatoes, he said he was picking potatoes ever since. He therefore viewed this as exploitation not Love.
Quote:Now you revealed what I think is the primary factor of mankind. Selfishness. We can be selfless at times but overall we are selfish beings. We wants things. We like to enjoy things and we always like to gain things. It is just what humans are. We have a wide array of emotions that you call souls but I believe it is to assure we succeed as a species.
Yes there is selfishness. A True Christian calls this the carnal mind. The basic instinct of self preservation coupled with the hardwired sensations of pain and pleasure. The carnal mind reasons upon these sensations for it's base definitions of good and bad. Pleasure good, pain bad. A True Christian does not see emotions as souls. We see the soul as the will of the person and distinct from the flesh.

Quote:I don't believe in the Christian God or any other of the deities. Your preference might have been established from others around you, your parents or a numerous amount of things.
Respectfully, I submit you do not know the Christian God or else you would believe. Such is knowledge of the absolute moral Truth. To me it is as if you said I don't believe in 1+1=2.

Quote:Mine just came from wanting to know what truly is right. Not just simply accepting that my God is right and all other God's are wrong simply because I was born into a certain faith but questioning and asking why. Souls to me don't seem likely byt they could be there. A soul would be a troubled thing though.
I see truth in what you say here because you are completely and unabashadely honest.

Quote:Now you believe craziness among people is caused by fear and I believe you are partly right. Fear definitely plays a part, as well as an excuse like religion to cause that fear and hatred towards others to do despicable actions and things like selfish decisions and greed also remain a part. These are what make people become crazy or at least to me since good people simply don't go out and do horrid things but can when given the excuse to do so. It is amazing and interesting like the Milgram experiment below where a doctor tells a person to continually shock a patient in another room even when he hears the person scream in agony(Of course that voice is fake.)
I agree with you about religions or false gods, or false truths. Also I have always been fascinated with why we do what we do and how certain emotions are triggered. The experiment you have provided is well known and quite compelling.

Quote:Now wait a second. Love, love? Are we talking about the same deity that slaughtered infants?
Great question apart from the term deity. Suffice it to say there is more here than meets the eye concerning the descendants of Amalek. But, I will also add this, that the scriptures proclaim that a change in the order of heaven took place after the crucifying of the Christ. So as to say that things are not the same as before.

Quote:Now I have been sarcastic, greatly because I cannot think of this figure of that which you speak of. Sure, maybe he or she does show love. It also shows anger, jealousy, and lots of killing. Which surprises me of a long being. If killing is supposed to show signs of affections then the Christians were doing it right all along during the crusades.
I agree with you. As I said, the Old Testament was under the authority of a different order in heaven according to scripture. The guardian Cherub at that time was the personality known as Satan who loathed all beings of flesh without pity.

Quote: If you are a christian I am curious as to why you believe your correct and not one of the countless who claim the same as you. I truly want to know because even when I was religious I could never understand how theists grasp that all the others are just choosing to be wrong and they almost always feel to be in a privileged position that they believe they chose the right one even thought others believe that individual is wrong.
Basically, the children of the True God have seen the Truth of the knowledge of the One True God and are sealed in the Spirit of this Truth. The subsequent change in character is seen in returning good for evil on account of the accompanying fact that people who do evil are yet deceived and helpless to know better. All other false truths, gods, religion, only obscure by reason of vanity therefore. Suffice it to say that the Truth is not impotent when it comes to dispelling lies. To a True Christian, we are able to prove that all lies end in hypocritical reasoning.

Quote:Now you say God is love. So that is your definition. Well then it isn't bad but it is flawed especially if you use the specific Christian God. Unfortunately that one is so unloving with what I have shown that he is just loving some of the time at most.
You are basically counting my definition of God as my opinion. I submit that it is your opinion that it is my opinion. It is not my opinion however, lest I be a liar. So here is where you are mistaken. The Christian God as you put it, is that Image of God seen on the cross who submits to crucifixion and yet forgives those who commit the act saying, "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do". Not the false image of god seen ruling in those religious and secular authorities that crucify him.

Quote:Well fear isn't bad but it can be so easily used. Same as love. Love can be manipulated as well which doesn't always make it right. You make fear as if it is an evil abomination that exists in this world. It is a part of humans and without fear I believe we wouldn't be us. It'd be strange to see humans without fear. I think the worst fear though is fearing each other. That obviously has led to war and multiple misunderstandings. Even till today.
Despite the obvious semantics. I see what you are trying to say and agree with you.

Quote:"True" Christians: Speak multiple things from the same book but have vastly different rituals and teachings but believe their version is the correct one.
The book you speak of says that True Christians will never disagree since they are one in the same Spirit. Sometimes semantics confound communication, but this should not be misconsrued as disagreement.

Quote:Atheists: Simply don't believe the multitude of God's until presented with evidence otherwise.
Only an honest soul can see the Truth. The True Christian sees atheism as another false god, the god of no gods. For example: The bible says the last religion on earth will be one wherein no one will be allowed to worship any image of god. The perception is that wars will come based on differing religious beliefs and will be outlawed for the sake of peace. This is called the tribulation period where those who hold fast to their faith in Christ will be slaughtered and persecuted. The leader of this religion is a figure often referred to as the antichrist who in the end causes all men to worship the beast and the image of the beast. As I said, all lies end in hypocrisy.
[+] 1 user Likes childeye's post
22-04-2013, 12:00 PM
(22-04-2013 10:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:12 AM)childeye Wrote:  I dunno, Maybe it had something to do with how you prepared it, maybe no side dish, or maybe you're just a nutbag.

A prophet's gotta be a nutbag. Just like a prophet's gotta be a atheist. Tongue
Okay, I'll bite, how's an atheist a prophet in the true sense of the word and not a false prophet?
22-04-2013, 12:02 PM
(22-04-2013 10:50 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:25 AM)childeye Wrote:  Sorry, I never agree to disagree. That is not logical. Evenheathen, I'm not asking anything from you. I made my point and don't want to have to make it all over again.

That's all you've done for 100 pages now.
Touche. How can I argue with that?
22-04-2013, 12:06 PM
(22-04-2013 10:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So childeye, you still haven't addressed why we should consider listening to you when your own god says you know nothing of love, and considering according to you love = god, that's sort of something you should know about.

Answers childeye, you seem to have answers for the meaning of life yet you can't answer my simply question... huh.

Also don't be hating on Johnny, he's our nutbag to insult, not yours.
Earmuffs I answered your question. Remember,"you will always have the poor". I don't hate Johnny, I think he's funny. Which reminds me, where's that bucky balls dude whose cut downs I find amusing?
22-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Holy crap, this thread....

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
22-04-2013, 12:19 PM
(22-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 10:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A prophet's gotta be a nutbag. Just like a prophet's gotta be a atheist. Tongue
Okay, I'll bite, how's an atheist a prophet in the true sense of the word and not a false prophet?

Prophets arise due to an imbalance in the tao. Greater universal "stupidity" is reflected in a point of "local clarity." Not you, perhaps, but Christianity is stupid, and I was germinated in Phoenix. To speak for god - the definition of prophet - is not to speak for, but rather against the current local paradigm of god. As Jesus said, the prophet is not respected at home. Undecided

Oh! And I got trinity. A true prophet, a false prophet, but mostly a real prophet. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 12:39 PM
(22-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 10:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  A prophet's gotta be a nutbag. Just like a prophet's gotta be a atheist. Tongue

"False prophet" is redundant. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post