the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 01:10 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 12:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Prophets arise due to an imbalance in the tao. Greater universal "stupidity" is reflected in a point of "local clarity."
I've read this line over and over. If I am correct in my understanding, you are saying that a correction in balance is sometimes required and hence the imbalance itself produces a prophet for the sake of correction. Hence what you say here: And I got trinity. A true prophet, a false prophet, but mostly a real prophet.
Quote: Not you, perhaps, but Christianity is stupid, and I was germinated in Phoenix. To speak for god - the definition of prophet - is not to speak for, but rather against the current local paradigm of god. As Jesus said, the prophet is not respected at home. Undecided
Interesting take on that scripture. Much of what you say makes some sense. I would guess that your concept of God is universal for there to be corrections in balance. My problem with what you say is Christianity is stupid yet you quote the Christ. I may have misunderstood you however. I therefore would ask if you ever contemplate the concept of rest as pertaining to the eventual course of human life in this world yet excluding death or absence of life? In other words an end to the motions of yin and yang as we see in this world?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 12:58 PM
(22-04-2013 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, I'll bite, how's an atheist a prophet in the true sense of the word and not a false prophet?

"False prophet" is redundant. Drinking Beverage

Not if the prophet is Johnny. Smartass

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-04-2013, 01:04 PM
where's my post?
22-04-2013, 01:18 PM
(22-04-2013 01:04 PM)childeye Wrote:  where's my post?

I ate it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Hey child, just curious. (cus we might as well keep this train a rollin', why not right?)

What exactly is your view concerning evolution, particularly in reference to mankind?
Do you believe that humans evolved from apelike ancestors?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Technically I'm still double secret whatever...but really can't believe this thread is still going.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-04-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 02:20 PM by childeye.)
(22-04-2013 01:19 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hey child, just curious. (cus we might as well keep this train a rollin', why not right?)

What exactly is your view concerning evolution, particularly in reference to mankind?
Do you believe that humans evolved from apelike ancestors?
I personally don't believe in evolution to the extent that all life is an accidental occurance and so also is the universe. I believe in the ability for one species to adapt according to circumstances or change through inter breeding according to genetic traits. This can easily be seen in the african population of black skinned people who have proven their Jewish ancestry through genetics and yet look nothing like the typical Jew. Look at the differring variations of canine who all share the same ancestry. I don't see any proof of one species changing into another however. That does not mean it's not possible. As far as human ancestry goes, I see neanderthal man, Homo heidelbergensis, homo erectus etc...When I look at them, I see people, some of which closely resemble some people today. The fossil record and DNA record is sketchy and fragmented regarding Human evolution. The aborigines of Australia claim to be the original human beings. I've read studies that have shown that of the three skull types found in current homo sapiens, they all do share common features all found in the Aborigines.
22-04-2013, 02:18 PM
(22-04-2013 02:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  I've read studies

Citation ?
22-04-2013, 02:20 PM
Some factual corrections, childeye. The fossil record of human ancestry is actually less fragmentary and "sketchy" than the fossil records for many other clades. In fact, we have so many hominid fossils that paleoanthropologists can't decide on their classification in some cases. The question of whether or not we evolved from early Pliocene apes has been answered: we have. The only questions remaining are a few areas where we aren't sure which of two species is ancestral to humans, and which is just a side branch.

And whatever Australian aborigines might claim (I've never heard that particular claim before), human mitochondrial DNA from every major human population has been mapped, analyzed, and traced, and the evidence unequivocally shows that the earliest humans arose in east Africa.

Could you do me a favor and post the top three sites, channels, or publications you get your science related information from?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
22-04-2013, 02:26 PM
(22-04-2013 02:18 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  I've read studies

Citation ?

(bites tongue)