the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 02:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 02:30 PM by childeye.)
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 02:20 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Some factual corrections, childeye. The fossil record of human ancestry is actually less fragmentary and "sketchy" than the fossil records for many other clades. In fact, we have so many hominid fossils that paleoanthropologists can't decide on their classification in some cases. The question of whether or not we evolved from early Pliocene apes has been answered: we have. The only questions remaining are a few areas where we aren't sure which of two species is ancestral to humans, and which is just a side branch.

And whatever Australian aborigines might claim (I've never heard that particular claim before), human mitochondrial DNA from every major human population has been mapped, analyzed, and traced, and the evidence unequivocally shows that the earliest humans arose in east Africa.
If there were one land mass at one point of time, would that exclude the aboriginal claim?
Most of my limited information comes from books or television documentaries and I don't recall their titles.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Hey there bump.
22-04-2013, 02:29 PM
(22-04-2013 02:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:20 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Some factual corrections, childeye. The fossil record of human ancestry is actually less fragmentary and "sketchy" than the fossil records for many other clades. In fact, we have so many hominid fossils that paleoanthropologists can't decide on their classification in some cases. The question of whether or not we evolved from early Pliocene apes has been answered: we have. The only questions remaining are a few areas where we aren't sure which of two species is ancestral to humans, and which is just a side branch.

And whatever Australian aborigines might claim (I've never heard that particular claim before), human mitochondrial DNA from every major human population has been mapped, analyzed, and traced, and the evidence unequivocally shows that the earliest humans arose in east Africa.
If there were one land mass at one point of time, that would not exclude the aboriginal claim.
Most of my limited information comes from books or television documentaries that I don't recall

The last time at which the continents were joined predates human evolution by tens of millions of years.

We are all Africans.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
22-04-2013, 02:34 PM
(22-04-2013 02:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:26 PM)childeye Wrote:  If there were one land mass at one point of time, that would not exclude the aboriginal claim.
Most of my limited information comes from books or television documentaries that I don't recall

The last time at which the continents were joined predates human evolution by tens of millions of years.

We are all Africans.
That's fine with me.
22-04-2013, 02:50 PM
22-04-2013, 02:58 PM
(22-04-2013 12:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 12:00 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, I'll bite, how's an atheist a prophet in the true sense of the word and not a false prophet?

"False prophet" is redundant. Drinking Beverage

Lolz. Banana_zorro

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
22-04-2013, 02:59 PM
So then you do or do not accept it as true that humans evolved over time from other species through natural selection?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-04-2013, 03:00 PM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-04-2013, 03:02 PM
(22-04-2013 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  So modern man evovled from one single place? Interesting.

It would be enormously improbable for the same species to arise multiple times, virtually impossible.

Do you mean in completely different llocations?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon