the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  So modern man evovled from one single place? Interesting.

It would be enormously improbable for the same species to arise multiple times, virtually impossible.
Yes that makes sense. http://phys.org/news97857326.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 03:04 PM
(22-04-2013 02:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:50 PM)childeye Wrote:  So modern man evovled from one single place? Interesting.

You never heard of Mitochondrial Eve ?
Are you like 85 Childish ?
Is it your second childhood ? Tongue

I don't care for that term "mitochondrial eve". I've had people try to tell me it proves creation. (sighs)

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-04-2013, 03:06 PM
(22-04-2013 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  It would be enormously improbable for the same species to arise multiple times, virtually impossible.

Do you mean in completely different llocations?

Yes, in genetically isolated sub-populations of a species.

Homo sapiens didn't pop up in Africa and in Asia, for instance. That idea is ludicrous.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 03:10 PM
(22-04-2013 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:02 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do you mean in completely different llocations?

Yes, in genetically isolated sub-populations of a species.

Homo sapiens didn't pop up in Africa and in Asia, for instance. That idea is ludicrous.

Smile Yea kinda figured you meant that. It would be unlikely.

22-04-2013, 03:30 PM
(22-04-2013 02:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then you do or do not accept it as true that humans evolved over time from other species through natural selection?
After some searching on the internet, I found some interesting studies that show the differences in human and chimps are mainly certain switches that turn some genes on and off. How these switches occured is therefore of primary interest when addressing your question. Certainly natural selection could be viable as a hypothesis. But essentially if we flipped the right switches we could turn into chimps. I am more of an intellligent design person. It seems unlikely that these switches happen randomly and even more unlikely that such switches and complex code sequencing evolved for the sake of evolving. It looks more like a well designed system to create whatever one wanted to create similar to how we write computer software with 0's and 1's.
22-04-2013, 03:32 PM
(22-04-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 02:59 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So then you do or do not accept it as true that humans evolved over time from other species through natural selection?
After some searching on the internet, I found some interesting studies that show the differences in human and chimps are mainly certain switches that turn some genes on and off. How these switches occured is therefore of primary interest when addressing your question. Certainly natural selection could be viable as a hypothesis. But essentially if we flipped the right switches we could turn into chimps. I am more of an intellligent design person. It seems unlikely that these switches happen randomly and even more unlikely that such switches and complex code sequencing evolved for the sake of evolving. It looks more like a well designed system to create whatever one wanted to create similar to how we write computer software with 0's and 1's.

Argument from personal incredulity. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
22-04-2013, 03:35 PM
(22-04-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  

That's where the common ancestor comes into play....chimps didn't directly evolve into humans we both share a common ancestor.

22-04-2013, 03:37 PM
(22-04-2013 03:32 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  After some searching on the internet, I found some interesting studies that show the differences in human and chimps are mainly certain switches that turn some genes on and off. How these switches occured is therefore of primary interest when addressing your question. Certainly natural selection could be viable as a hypothesis. But essentially if we flipped the right switches we could turn into chimps. I am more of an intellligent design person. It seems unlikely that these switches happen randomly and even more unlikely that such switches and complex code sequencing evolved for the sake of evolving. It looks more like a well designed system to create whatever one wanted to create similar to how we write computer software with 0's and 1's.

Argument from personal incredulity. Drinking Beverage
Are you speaking about yourself? Because I'm not arguing. It is what it is.
22-04-2013, 03:42 PM
(22-04-2013 03:37 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:32 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Argument from personal incredulity. Drinking Beverage
Are you speaking about yourself? Because I'm not arguing. It is what it is.

Don't be childish... You know what I meant.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
22-04-2013, 03:50 PM
(22-04-2013 03:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  After some searching on the internet, I found some interesting studies that show the differences in human and chimps are mainly certain switches that turn some genes on and off. How these switches occured is therefore of primary interest when addressing your question. Certainly natural selection could be viable as a hypothesis. But essentially if we flipped the right switches we could turn into chimps. I am more of an intellligent design person. It seems unlikely that these switches happen randomly and even more unlikely that such switches and complex code sequencing evolved for the sake of evolving. It looks more like a well designed system to create whatever one wanted to create similar to how we write computer software with 0's and 1's.

That's where the common ancestor comes into play....chimps didn't directly evolve into humans we both share a common ancestor.
Yes I know the theory. That doesn't change the fact that DNA are the common code shared by all creatures that instruct how the cells are to be formed and what to form.