the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2013, 02:41 PM
RE: the God term
(15-04-2013 02:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 02:32 PM)childeye Wrote:  Yes I'm serious, my dog knows when I'm hurting. What's so surprising about that. You know what else? She gets her feelings hurt if I yell at her. What's a Poe?

Expressing emotion does not make one theistic.
Of course
I suppose you could claim that. But all I'm saying is my dog knows empathy, not that she has a religion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2013, 02:42 PM
(15-04-2013 02:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 02:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Expressing emotion does not make one theistic.
Of course
I suppose you could claim that. But all I'm saying is my dog knows empathy, not that she has a religion.

Of course your dog shows emotion. Why would it be expected that an animal wouldn't in a world devoid of a supernatural being?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
15-04-2013, 02:43 PM
I can't believe... as a "Christian" you honestly said your dog was theistic. Do you even know what that means?

Hate to break this to you... animals can't believe in a Christian God. They cannot understand the concept.

Heck, my dog doesn't know the difference between "sit" and "lie down"... how can you honestly say that a dog is theistic?

Oh, and look up Poe. You gave yourself away. Even the most extreme Christian nut-jobs don't believe animals are theistic.

Delete that from your repertoire when you move to another website to troll. You'll have better luck before blowing your cover.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 02:44 PM
From what I am reading this is sounding less and less like Christianity and more and more like Pantheism.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-04-2013, 02:46 PM
(15-04-2013 12:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:52 AM)childeye Wrote:  I think you have an aversion to the term god. As I have stated, I am a Christian and therefore believe I need the Spirit of Love which I identify as God. Moreover, my expercience in this world is that love often is under attack which is why I am so taken with the Christ who endured so much suffering, humiliation and such, yet he forgave those who would do such great harm to him. To believe that Love endures is the same to me as good will ultimately conquer evil. I find the spirit that lives in me by believing this, is joyous yet a sweet sorrow.

No I have no special aversion to the word god. Now the word "God" yes I am skeptical of since once you capitalise it you turn it into a proper noun and attempt to personify a vague notion.

I can now spit scripture out at you to show all the hate filled things Jesus has been reported as saying but you say the bible is not a holy scripture to you so instead I will ask you a question and then give you a theory as to the answer to that question.

Q: You claimed that the Jews killed christ (an oft asserted crime by followers of Paul of tarsus through Luke) however would it have been the jews Jesus would have been stoned. However Jesus was crucified, a punishment reserved not for blasphemy , as Rome really did not care about the jewish god, but rather for the crime of sedition. So if Jesus was all about love why was he executed as an armed rebel in the company of armed rebels?

My answer to this is he was trying to start a rebellion against Rome to fulfill the actual jewish prophecies and failed. Jesus is rejected by the jews as false because he did not fulfill the nationalistic prophesies regarding the ascension of a Jewish led state that would rule the world. Yeshua ben Joseph (the most likely real Jesus) was a failed rebel and nothing more. All the myths you swallow about him were written long after his death.
15-04-2013, 02:46 PM
(15-04-2013 01:49 PM)childeye Wrote:  I respectfully would point out, that as a moral absolute, empathy is indeed a monotheistic existence.

(15-04-2013 02:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Of course

So, you said your dog believes and accepts God because she has empathy but then you said she didn't.

Which is it?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 02:48 PM
(15-04-2013 02:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  From what I am reading this is sounding less and less like Christianity and more and more like Pantheism trolling.

fixt

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
15-04-2013, 02:56 PM
(15-04-2013 12:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 11:52 AM)childeye Wrote:  I think you have an aversion to the term god. As I have stated, I am a Christian and therefore believe I need the Spirit of Love which I identify as God. Moreover, my expercience in this world is that love often is under attack which is why I am so taken with the Christ who endured so much suffering, humiliation and such, yet he forgave those who would do such great harm to him. To believe that Love endures is the same to me as good will ultimately conquer evil. I find the spirit that lives in me by believing this, is joyous yet a sweet sorrow.

No I have no special aversion to the word god. Now the word "God" yes I am skeptical of since once you capitalise it you turn it into a proper noun and attempt to personify a vague notion.

I can now spit scripture out at you to show all the hate filled things Jesus has been reported as saying but you say the bible is not a holy scripture to you so instead I will ask you a question and then give you a theory as to the answer to that question.

Q: You claimed that the Jews killed christ (an oft asserted crime by followers of Paul of tarsus through Luke) however would it have been the jews Jesus would have been stoned. However Jesus was crucified, a punishment reserved not for blasphemy , as Rome really did not care about the jewish god, but rather for the crime of sedition. So if Jesus was all about love why was he executed as an armed rebel in the company of armed rebels?

My answer to this is he was trying to start a rebellion against Rome to fulfill the actual jewish prophecies and failed. Jesus is rejected by the jews as false because he did not fulfill the nationalistic prophesies regarding the ascension of a Jewish led state that would rule the world. Yeshua ben Joseph (the most likely real Jesus) was a failed rebel and nothing more. All the myths you swallow about him were written long after his death.
I Respectfully disagree. I do not personify a vague notion. I personify a proven spiritual existence called empathy. I could call it a thing and oftentimes do. My point is, my relationship with "Empathy" is personable. For example, I'm driving down the highway and someone cuts me off, and I get angry at the driver. This voice comes in my head and says something like,"hey, haven't you done that to someone before?" I answer."yes, but I had to get over to exit". Then He answers and says, "So why don't you give this guy the same benefit of the doubt about his intentions." Then I feel different and say, "you're right, thank you for the correction". Then I bless that man on his way and am glad that "Empathy\God" kept me from being an asshole.
15-04-2013, 03:00 PM
(15-04-2013 02:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-04-2013 02:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  From what I am reading this is sounding less and less like Christianity and more and more like Pantheism trolling.

fixt

DLJ forced a curse out of me today - no fucking way you're gonna get another one out of me. Tongue

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
15-04-2013, 03:02 PM
So you listen to YOUR conscience, and that somehow is god? But god isn't a supernatural being but it is an emotion called love?....which somehow also created the universe.....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post