the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 07:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  When I draw my Gwynnies, I go away... kinda like no-self in meditation. But to be human requires an I. This is an inherent and inescapable contradiction, thus it is written - the tao that can be spoken is not the eternal tao. Whatever is named as god, cannot be god, even my Gwynnies. (Although that girl smite me with a raised eyebrow. Big Grin)
Nor is the creation the Creator.

Quote:The eventual course of human life is either extinction or evolution; one is obviously zero, however the other remains undefined. To propose a Creator imbues creation with purpose. What do you propose that purpose to be? Consider
To expose the source of vanity so as to eliminate the cause of corruption and appreciate the true value of what is Holy.

So what do you view as the cause of corruption? Or is vanity the cause? We can see from scripture that the ultimate source of vanity in the universe is the god of the bible.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 07:46 PM
(22-04-2013 07:38 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:33 PM)childeye Wrote:  Have you accounted for mutations or corruption?

In which case there would be extensive error correction. DNA error correction is very limited, completely incapable of recovering lost information, only able to correct one-base errors or damaged chains, often resulting in mutations anyway. The error correction in a 1980s hard drive is better than that of 'perfectly designed' DNA. Drinking Beverage
I think you missed my point. I am saying the corruption is supposed to happen as part of the overall plan.
22-04-2013, 07:46 PM
BUMP

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 07:47 PM
(22-04-2013 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wonderful, let's speculate on the unknown motives of a hidden god.

What's his screenplay? Crouching DNA, Hidden Designer?
To expose the source of vanity so as to eliminate the cause of corruption and appreciate the true value of what is Holy.

I haven't a clue as to what that means or how it relates.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 07:51 PM
(22-04-2013 07:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What do you propose that purpose to be? Consider

What does that even mean? I'm trying not to be an asshole, here, and then you come up with this stuff. I like being an asshole. Big Grin

Identity is the source of vanity. Undecided

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
22-04-2013, 07:55 PM
(22-04-2013 07:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  Nor is the creation the Creator.

So what do you view as the cause of corruption? Or is vanity the cause? We can see from scripture that the ultimate source of vanity in the universe is the god of the bible.
The cause of corruption is vanity as pertains to human character and the character of angels. Vanity is not from God but is a usurping of that which is God. vanity happens as a result of not being able to esteem God properly so as to doubt the purity of His Character. Vanity began in heaven with Lucifer. God forknew that this would occur and provided this temporal existence for that vanity to play itself out in the human spectacle. Hence scripture says that the creation was made subject to vanity unwillingly by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.
22-04-2013, 08:00 PM
(22-04-2013 07:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:45 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So what do you view as the cause of corruption? Or is vanity the cause? We can see from scripture that the ultimate source of vanity in the universe is the god of the bible.
The cause of corruption is vanity as pertains to human character and the character of angels. Vanity is not from God but is a usurping of that which is God. vanity happens as a result of not being able to esteem God properly so as to doubt the purity of His Character. Vanity began in heaven with Lucifer. God forknew that this would occur and provided this temporal existence for that vanity to play itself out in the human spectacle. Hence scripture says that the creation was made subject to vanity unwillingly by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.

And that's a really shitty thing to do to your beloved creation.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 08:01 PM
(22-04-2013 07:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:41 PM)childeye Wrote:  To expose the source of vanity so as to eliminate the cause of corruption and appreciate the true value of what is Holy.

What does that even mean? I'm trying not to be an asshole, here, and then you come up with this stuff. I like being an asshole. Big Grin

Identity is the source of vanity. Undecided
You're not being an asshole not that you could help it if you were. On the contrary, not knowing who you are is vanity. Why? Because we are made in the Image of God. If we doubt the integity of our maker then we doubt ourselves. Hence we see distrust of one another as we distrust our Maker. Let us consider what is the mindset of one who tries to fix what is not broken. Let us consider the virgin that must lose her virginity to understand what a virgin is? Such are the things regarding the ignorance of purity and Holiness.
22-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Re: RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 07:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:38 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  In which case there would be extensive error correction. DNA error correction is very limited, completely incapable of recovering lost information, only able to correct one-base errors or damaged chains, often resulting in mutations anyway. The error correction in a 1980s hard drive is better than that of 'perfectly designed' DNA. :coffee:
I think you missed my point. I am saying the corruption is supposed to happen as part of the overall plan.

I'm saying that no omnipotent being would design it that way. It would be idiotic.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
22-04-2013, 08:12 PM
(22-04-2013 08:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:55 PM)childeye Wrote:  The cause of corruption is vanity as pertains to human character and the character of angels. Vanity is not from God but is a usurping of that which is God. vanity happens as a result of not being able to esteem God properly so as to doubt the purity of His Character. Vanity began in heaven with Lucifer. God forknew that this would occur and provided this temporal existence for that vanity to play itself out in the human spectacle. Hence scripture says that the creation was made subject to vanity unwillingly by reason of Him who has subjected the same in hope.

And that's a really shitty thing to do to your beloved creation.
No even heathen it is the only way to come full circle. For example. The man was alone and the woman made from the man. When the man saw the woman he loved her above all other things created. But the woman could not reciprocate because she had never been alone. Hence she regarded the man no more than a plant or a rock. But in time she will concieve a child which in turn is a piece of herself and she will love this child more than any other thing created but this child will not be able to reciprocate and then she will think of the man. In the same manner we all take God for granted.