the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 08:14 PM
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 08:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:46 PM)childeye Wrote:  I think you missed my point. I am saying the corruption is supposed to happen as part of the overall plan.

I'm saying that no omnipotent being would design it that way. It would be idiotic.
Not if He wanted to expose the cause of corruption.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 08:17 PM
(22-04-2013 08:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  Because we are made in the Image of God.

Dust?
Breath?
Mirror?
Air?
Volcano?
Hydrocarbon?

The Image of The God? See the problem I'm having here? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 08:18 PM
(22-04-2013 08:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And that's a really shitty thing to do to your beloved creation.
No even heathen it is the only way to come full circle. For example. The man was alone and the woman made from the man. When the man saw the woman he loved her above all other things created. But the woman could not reciprocate because she had never been alone. Hence she regarded the man no more than a plant or a rock. But in time she will concieve a child which in turn is a piece of herself and she will love this child more than any other thing created but this child will not be able to reciprocate and then she will think of the man. In the same manner we all take God for granted.

Hmmm...Consider

Nah, I still think it's a shitty way to go about doing things.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 08:19 PM
(22-04-2013 08:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And that's a really shitty thing to do to your beloved creation.
No even heathen it is the only way to come full circle. For example. The man was alone and the woman made from the man. When the man saw the woman he loved her above all other things created. But the woman could not reciprocate because she had never been alone. Hence she regarded the man no more than a plant or a rock. But in time she will concieve a child which in turn is a piece of herself and she will love this child more than any other thing created but this child will not be able to reciprocate and then she will think of the man. In the same manner we all take God for granted.

That is the most asinine story based on nothing but misogynistic bigotry. The evidence of DNA and the Human Genome (which was full mapped) has given proof of that lie.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2013, 08:19 PM
(22-04-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  To expose the source of vanity so as to eliminate the cause of corruption and appreciate the true value of what is Holy.

I haven't a clue as to what that means or how it relates.
Please note that I am saying that the course of man is towards self destruction. The ultimate purpose of God is not to create DNA patterns but to use the flesh as a template to show what vanity is and does which is a spiritual matter. Our present existence has a higher purpose then just to eat sleep procreate and die in an endless circle.
22-04-2013, 08:21 PM
(22-04-2013 08:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:06 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I'm saying that no omnipotent being would design it that way. It would be idiotic.
Not if He wanted to expose the cause of corruption.

That doesn't even make sense. Are you trying to come up with actual arguments, or are you just saying the first thing that pops into your head?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
22-04-2013, 08:21 PM
(22-04-2013 08:18 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  No even heathen it is the only way to come full circle. For example. The man was alone and the woman made from the man. When the man saw the woman he loved her above all other things created. But the woman could not reciprocate because she had never been alone. Hence she regarded the man no more than a plant or a rock. But in time she will concieve a child which in turn is a piece of herself and she will love this child more than any other thing created but this child will not be able to reciprocate and then she will think of the man. In the same manner we all take God for granted.

Hmmm...Consider

So how would you end vanity?
22-04-2013, 08:24 PM
(22-04-2013 08:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:18 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hmmm...Consider

So how would you end vanity?

If I were an omnipotent creator I wouldn't create it in the first place. If everything comes from god, so does vanity.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 08:28 PM
(22-04-2013 08:21 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:14 PM)childeye Wrote:  Not if He wanted to expose the cause of corruption.

That doesn't even make sense. Are you trying to come up with actual arguments, or are you just saying the first thing that pops into your head?
I am serious. Look I know you are having a hard time relating. I would too if i were in your shoes. I'm saying that our existence has a higher purpose than just putting together DNA sequences. The flesh is a means to create children of God. These children are born out of corruption. It's difficult to explain and I'm just going to blow your atheist minds. This is way too deep for you all to digest. Just forget it.
22-04-2013, 08:28 PM
(22-04-2013 06:38 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 04:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But you're not seeing the whole picture, just the small points that to you point to a creator.
Please describe the big picture you are referring to as best you can..

I suggest you go to a library and read The Greatest Show on Earth by Richard Dawkins.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon