the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: the God term
(22-04-2013 08:19 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 07:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  I haven't a clue as to what that means or how it relates.
Please note that I am saying that the course of man is towards self destruction. The ultimate purpose of God is not to create DNA patterns but to use the flesh as a template to show what vanity is and does which is a spiritual matter. Our present existence has a higher purpose then just to eat sleep procreate and die in an endless circle.

Perhaps this makes sense to you in your privileged situation. What about the millions of his beloved creations who experience nothing but agony in their short lives? I would reckon that if they believe in a god, they don't have the luxury of being so contemplative and would form a very different opinion.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 08:31 PM
(22-04-2013 08:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:21 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That doesn't even make sense. Are you trying to come up with actual arguments, or are you just saying the first thing that pops into your head?
I am serious. Look I know you are having a hard time relating. I would too if i were in your shoes. I'm saying that our existence has a higher purpose than just putting together DNA sequences. The flesh is a means to create children of God. These children are born out of corruption. It's difficult to explain and I'm just going to blow your atheist minds. This is way too deep for you all to digest. Just forget it.

lol Big Grin

This guy is good. Let's put him on SNL.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
(22-04-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  So how would you end vanity?

If I were an omnipotent creator I wouldn't create it in the first place. If everything comes from god, so does vanity.
Vanity is a usurping of God. AW just forget it.
(22-04-2013 08:28 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:21 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  That doesn't even make sense. Are you trying to come up with actual arguments, or are you just saying the first thing that pops into your head?
I am serious. Look I know you are having a hard time relating. I would too if i were in your shoes. I'm saying that our existence has a higher purpose than just putting together DNA sequences. The flesh is a means to create children of God. These children are born out of corruption. It's difficult to explain and I'm just going to blow your atheist minds. This is way too deep for you all to digest. Just forget it.

No its the opposite of deep. You have a magical cure all for everything. Something doesn't make sense Goddidit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2013, 08:37 PM
(22-04-2013 08:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If I were an omnipotent creator I wouldn't create it in the first place. If everything comes from god, so does vanity.

You can cuss if you want, I won't tell god. Thumbsup
Okay, I get what you're trying to say. But where does this vanity come from in the first place? Aren't we created in god's image? The debil made me do it? God made him too. Also, I thought the main difference between man and angels is the whole free will thing, which always confused me as to how lucifer was able to so easily defy god. That's probably for a different discussion though.

Do you believe that all who are not True christians will be going to hell for eternity? I'm not sure if we've covered that part of your belief system.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 08:40 PM
(22-04-2013 08:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:24 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  If I were an omnipotent creator I wouldn't create it in the first place. If everything comes from god, so does vanity.

OK.
Gwynnies:1
God:0
Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2013, 08:41 PM
(22-04-2013 08:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:01 PM)childeye Wrote:  Because we are made in the Image of God.

Dust?
Breath?
Mirror?
Air?
Volcano?
Hydrocarbon?

The Image of The God? See the problem I'm having here? Consider
The Image I am speaking of is His Character as in His Person. Mirror is not a bad connotation if perceived as a mirror of His Personality. We have become corrupted because our image of him is corrupted. Hence in the midst of these many corrupt and false images of god, He sends His own True Image of Himself which is His Christ who submits himself to torture and death and forgives those who crucify him. This is His unfathomable Love and the proof of the trustworthiness of His Character. When we believe in this One True Image we become like Him. Hence the children of God are born out of corruption so that we can truly appreciate Who He is and come to know the Truth of ourselves.
22-04-2013, 08:44 PM
(22-04-2013 08:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:31 PM)childeye Wrote:  Vanity is a usurping of God. AW just forget it.

You can cuss if you want, I won't tell god. Thumbsup
Okay, I get what you're trying to say. But where does this vanity come from in the first place? Aren't we created in god's image? The debil made me do it? God made him too. Also, I thought the main difference between man and angels is the whole free will thing, which always confused me as to how lucifer was able to so easily defy god. That's probably for a different discussion though.

Do you believe that all who are not True christians will be going to hell for eternity? I'm not sure if we've covered that part of your belief system.
Too... many.... deep.... questions... going.... to.... explode.....TIMEOUT.
22-04-2013, 08:52 PM
(22-04-2013 08:44 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You can cuss if you want, I won't tell god. Thumbsup

Too... many.... deep.... questions... going.... to.... explode.....TIMEOUT.

Alright, timeout everyone. Go get a snack, smoke em if ya got em.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 09:14 PM by Phaedrus.)
The likely reason you're overwhelmed, Childeye, is because you have not fully thought out your own theology. The last fifty pages or so have the air of having been purely ad-hoc, made up on the spot. It's clear you're out of your depth, and your claim that your "arguments" are too deep for us is laughable. You have nothing to offer, no real argument, no real positions, just hastily constructed and not very well thought out attempts to defend against or deflect arguments that you have no real answer to. You know nothing of science, nothing of history, nothing of philosophy, nothing even of basic logic. You are undereducated and extremely vain, to think that you can argue against people who know far more than you about everything, and still claim that they find you idiotic because you're too "deep".

Get off my lawn. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 3 users Like Phaedrus's post