the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 09:43 PM
RE: the God term
The sorrow of vanity is the same sorrow that the virgin does not appreciate what a virgin is until she loses her virginity. Such is holiness and purity and innocence. Hence her ignorance is understandable to our Merciful and Loving Father Who foreknew that vanity would appear in the creation. And also Whom through His Foresight also had prepared a way for redemtion, so that such innocence and purity would not be lost forever. Such is the Love which paid the price through torture and humiliation, so that sins may be forgiven because of our ignorance of who we were in Adam, and to come unto the knowledge of who we are in Christ.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2013 10:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(22-04-2013 06:21 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 04:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So let's say for the sake of argument, that some intelligent life force created the universe and designed it to evolve the way it did. Hell, we can even name this force Love. Heart

The question remains, do you accept that humans evolved from the same common ancestors as all other forms of life currently on the planet?
First Love is a spiritual connotation while DNA pertains to flesh and plant material. Supposing that energy is common to both that which is physical and spiritual in the forming of life it is plausible that there is a connection, but who knows? When did man appear as what we call a man seems a matter that is currently hotly debated. Some say Homo erectus and Homo ergaster were the first of the hominina to leave Africa, and these species spread through Africa, Asia, and Europe between 1.3 to 1.8 million years ago. I have been skimming the internet and the conclusions drawn as to whether we came from apes is not even clear since some people simply claim we still are apes. So apparrantly I am told that the most recent and definitive studies conclude that all humans came out of Africa approximately 160,000 years ago and that they emigrated first to Australia and New guinea. Other scientists contest this also. Obviously there is disagreement. Did we all evolve from the same primordial soup is therefore not definitive. I personally don't know what to believe, but the most recent out of Africa evidence seems hard to dispute.

Human emotions, (including "love") are mediated through the chemicals/protein structures in the brain. DNA and genetics are required for memory to work. (2 guys got the Nobel this past year for their work on that). "Love" is impossible without DNA.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-04-2013, 09:47 PM
(22-04-2013 09:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 08:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Perhaps this makes sense to you in your privileged situation. What about the millions of his beloved creations who experience nothing but agony in their short lives? I would reckon that if they believe in a god, they don't have the luxury of being so contemplative and would form a very different opinion.

Okay, I took five. Sorry. The vanity begins with the devil. He is made with all the highest attributes available except for one thing. He cannot esteem God because he cannot contemplate being anything lesser than the highets station under the Godhead. He in comparison to all other angels is mightier in every sense of the word because of his God given attributes. Beauty, intelligence etc...He grows enamored with himself and as he does so, he begins to treat all others lesser than himself with disdain as though they could be like him if they wanted. At the same time he begins to despise his station under God and secretly desires to be God. This is the vanity that began in heaven.

Enter Adam. Adam is made in God's image and he is pure of heart. But the pureness of his Character is based on faith in His maker. The devil in his vanity desires in his heart to be like God and is discontent. And he resents seeing Adam content in the innocence of his lowly station under God. Satan then tempts mankind by subtly implying that God is a liar and is keeping mankind from being like God even though Adam is already like God. Adam feels distrust for the first time even as he considers the implications. This is where the first false and corrupt image of god was sown into the subconscious of mankind. Upon eating the fruit it is a sealed deal and the corruption of mankind has begun and the vanity of the devil is passed on to mankind. Sin means separation from God and we became estranged from Him. The devil tricked mankind with a lie and our wills have never been free since.

Well, this brings up kinda where I was headed when I asked about evolution. So you believe that there was literally Adam, the first human ever created in Eden, that it's not just allegorical as is most of the OT?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 09:56 PM
(22-04-2013 09:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  The sorrow of vanity is the same sorrow that the virgin does not appreciate what a virgin is until she loses her virginity. Such is holiness and purity and innocence. Hence her ignorance is understandable to our Merciful and Loving Father Who foreknew that vanity would appear in the creation. And also Whom through His Foresight also had prepared a way for redemtion, so that such innocence and purity would not be lost forever. Such is the Love which paid the price through torture and humiliation, so that sins may be forgiven because of our ignorance of who we were in Adam, and to come unto the knowledge of who we are in Christ.

Yeah, verrily, forsooth, I also declare unto thee, thou art full of ze dung stuff.
Such is the bs of the Baptist theist. (Say THAT with a lisp). If the god(s) "foreknew" something, they screwed up royally, and made something imperfect, thus proving they are imperfect. The LEAST ya could do is fine a better model of a god, Childish. So you're saying the god needed someone to get tortured before he could feel better ? Nice god that.
My only question for you, Chidish, is : "Why did God put an "s" in the word "lisp" ?
Did she not foreknow I would have a ssssssthhhththpeeeeth impediment ?

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
22-04-2013, 10:06 PM
(22-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:30 PM)childeye Wrote:  Okay, I took five. Sorry. The vanity begins with the devil. He is made with all the highest attributes available except for one thing. He cannot esteem God because he cannot contemplate being anything lesser than the highets station under the Godhead. He in comparison to all other angels is mightier in every sense of the word because of his God given attributes. Beauty, intelligence etc...He grows enamored with himself and as he does so, he begins to treat all others lesser than himself with disdain as though they could be like him if they wanted. At the same time he begins to despise his station under God and secretly desires to be God. This is the vanity that began in heaven.

Enter Adam. Adam is made in God's image and he is pure of heart. But the pureness of his Character is based on faith in His maker. The devil in his vanity desires in his heart to be like God and is discontent. And he resents seeing Adam content in the innocence of his lowly station under God. Satan then tempts mankind by subtly implying that God is a liar and is keeping mankind from being like God even though Adam is already like God. Adam feels distrust for the first time even as he considers the implications. This is where the first false and corrupt image of god was sown into the subconscious of mankind. Upon eating the fruit it is a sealed deal and the corruption of mankind has begun and the vanity of the devil is passed on to mankind. Sin means separation from God and we became estranged from Him. The devil tricked mankind with a lie and our wills have never been free since.

Well, this brings up kinda where I was headed when I asked about evolution. So you believe that there was literally Adam, the first human ever created in Eden, that it's not just allegorical as is most of the OT?

Personally I believe it is allegorical in much of it's context. The serpent is an allegorical figure as is the tree of knowledge and life. Certainly we do not see two flaming swords preventing us access to the tree of life. But the lineage from Adam that appears in scripture can also be perceived as allegorical in the names presented.
Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort
22-04-2013, 10:12 PM
(22-04-2013 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:43 PM)childeye Wrote:  The sorrow of vanity is the same sorrow that the virgin does not appreciate what a virgin is until she loses her virginity. Such is holiness and purity and innocence. Hence her ignorance is understandable to our Merciful and Loving Father Who foreknew that vanity would appear in the creation. And also Whom through His Foresight also had prepared a way for redemtion, so that such innocence and purity would not be lost forever. Such is the Love which paid the price through torture and humiliation, so that sins may be forgiven because of our ignorance of who we were in Adam, and to come unto the knowledge of who we are in Christ.

Yeah, verrily, forsooth, I also declare unto thee, thou art full of ze dung stuff.
Such is the bs of the Baptist theist. (Say THAT with a lisp). If the god(s) "foreknew" something, they screwed up royally, and made something imperfect, thus proving they are imperfect. The LEAST ya could do is fine a better model of a god, Childish. So you're saying the god needed someone to get tortured before he could feel better ? Nice god that.
My only question for you, Chidish, is : "Why did God put an "s" in the word "lisp" ?
No God did not need someone get tortured to feel better. The lamb destroys the enmity between God and man and is the price demanded by the law whom Satan was in charge of. Satan and the vanity that he represents slew the Lamb of God unto his own destruction..
22-04-2013, 10:24 PM
(22-04-2013 10:12 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yeah, verrily, forsooth, I also declare unto thee, thou art full of ze dung stuff.
No God did not need someone get tortured to feel better. The lamb destroys the enmity between God and man and is the price demanded by the law whom Satan was in charge of. Satan and the vanity that he represents slew the Lamb of God unto his own destruction..

So "satan" is in charge of Reality. I see. I thought Jebus was in charge. When did your god put "satan" in charge ?
Do you stay up all night cooking up these convoluted rationalizations?

Every believer has doubts, Childish.
What are the top two things you have doubts about ?

22-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I was walking with heavy burden because I hated who I was. And my only comfort was there were others with greater burdens than my own and I loathed myself all the more. Then a man came up to me with a cup filled with the blood of the son of God which had been shed through great torture. And he said to me, "drink of this and you will be renewed and you shall live forever". And when I looked at the cup I saw judgment there. For if he had shed his blood to save me from a self-righteous, merciless, and overzealous prosecutor, I had better drink so that his suffering and death be not in vain. But if I drank to escape the punishment that I justly deserved, then I would rather die in my sins than harm one hair on his precious head.
22-04-2013, 10:28 PM
(22-04-2013 10:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, this brings up kinda where I was headed when I asked about evolution. So you believe that there was literally Adam, the first human ever created in Eden, that it's not just allegorical as is most of the OT?

Personally I believe it is allegorical in much of it's context. The serpent is an allegorical figure as is the tree of knowledge and life. Certainly we do not see two flaming swords preventing us access to the tree of life. But the lineage from Adam that appears in scripture can also be perceived as allegorical in the names presented.
Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort

So then there can logically be no "original sin" to be passed from the original sinner unto all of mankind. In this case, man was created by god already possessing the vanity by which god condemns man. By what method, and when did satan actually trick man into defying god? Was satan given a role in the creation of man, so that he could instill this inherent sin?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
22-04-2013, 10:32 PM
(22-04-2013 10:25 PM)childeye Wrote:  I was walking with heavy burden because I hated who I was. And my only comfort was there were others with greater burdens than my own and I loathed myself all the more. Then a man came up to me with a cup filled with the blood of the son of God which had been shed through great torture. And he said to me, "drink of this and you will be renewed and you shall live forever". And when I looked at the cup I saw judgment there. For if he had shed his blood to save me from a self-righteous, merciless, and overzealous prosecutor, I had better drink so that his suffering and death be not in vain. But if I drank to escape the punishment that I justly deserved, then I would rather die in my sins than harm one hair on his precious head.

Have you been drinking ?