the God term

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: the God term
Quote:Have you been drinking?

Well, yes. It is monday after all....oh you were talking to childeye! My bad! Wink

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-04-2013, 10:37 PM
hic! bump

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 10:37 PM
(22-04-2013 10:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So "satan" is in charge of Reality. I see. I thought Jebus was in charge. When did your god put "satan" in charge ?
As far as I know at the beginning of the current creation.
Quote:Do you stay up all night cooking up these convoluted rationalizations?
Trick question.

Quote:Every believer has doubts, Childish.
What are the top two things you have doubts about ?
I don't know whether all men will be saved or not. Whether the lake of fire represents destruction or it is a byword for something else.
22-04-2013, 10:43 PM
(22-04-2013 09:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 03:04 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't care for that term "mitochondrial eve". I've had people try to tell me it proves creation. (sighs)

Nope it doesn't say anything about "creation". All it means is that there was a "genetic bottle-neck" through one female at one point in the past. There was another one for males, but much much later, (as I recall). All it says is that AFTER the African woman had evolved, there was a crisis of some sort.

Oh, I understand that...try to explain it tho to close minded xtain, who says even a scientist now believes in "eve"

Ugh.

Hey! Can you recommend a book on Joesheus?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

22-04-2013, 10:51 PM
22-04-2013, 10:53 PM

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 10:56 PM
(22-04-2013 10:06 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 09:47 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Well, this brings up kinda where I was headed when I asked about evolution. So you believe that there was literally Adam, the first human ever created in Eden, that it's not just allegorical as is most of the OT?

Personally I believe it is allegorical in much of it's context. The serpent is an allegorical figure as is the tree of knowledge and life. Certainly we do not see two flaming swords preventing us access to the tree of life. But the lineage from Adam that appears in scripture can also be perceived as allegorical in the names presented.
Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort

How do you decide what is allegorical in the bible and what is literal? I happen to believe the whole thing is nothing but mythology....which also falls in line with thought. .

22-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Hey mom! You off probation? Smile

~ Umberto Eco
22-04-2013, 10:59 PM
(22-04-2013 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Hey mom! You off probation? Smile

Yes...kinda.

22-04-2013, 11:03 PM
(22-04-2013 10:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(22-04-2013 10:51 PM)childeye Wrote:  All men who hold a false image of god have sin which was originally concieved by Satan and believed by Eve who in turn convinced Adam. That is why Jesus said the Truth shall set your free from the slavery of sin. Sin is separation from God.
No. Adam began with a perfect image of God and had no vanity because of his innocence. The same method used by hypnotists on the minds of the gullible, the power of suggestion. He fomulated the proposition in there minds that they could be like God when in fact they already were. That is why I asked what is the mindset of one who tries to fix what is not broken?

Not in the creation of man but in the corruption of man. The devil is a usurper of what God has created.

Aye, aye, aye...
I'll ask again, Adam and Eve were, or were not allegorical?
I do not know. I personally believe they are allegorical figures. Note that scripture calls all men who are carnal as in Adam (a part of). And all men who are spiritual in the second Adam which is Christ (the body of Christ).